Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2020, 02:03 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,067,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It's impossible to say what was seen or not.

Don't think country folk aren't suspicious. They're normally pretty snoopy and very aware of what's happening next door in a general sort of way.
I live in a federally protected national scenic area, so our rural homes are watched daily by drone, satellite, and spotting scopes.Tough to hide bodies, but it's done.(close to metro, handy place to dump remains).

I wonder what they will be able to pin on Chad, since he was there with Alex. (For a short period) Probably just showing Alex where he kept the shovels. In case a coon showed up while burning brush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 05:37 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
I live in a federally protected national scenic area, so our rural homes are watched daily by drone, satellite, and spotting scopes.Tough to hide bodies, but it's done.(close to metro, handy place to dump remains).

I wonder what they will be able to pin on Chad, since he was there with Alex. (For a short period) Probably just showing Alex where he kept the shovels. In case a coon showed up while burning brush.
The present charges on Chad all deal with concealment and destruction of evidence, and they can be easily proven. While both are felonies, the max he faces is about 10 years.

Lori's charges- child abandonment and neglect, both carry more severe sentencing, up to 24 years or more each.

I'm sure there are other charges that are being worked on with longer sentences, but I don't know what they are. I have no doubt that if murder can be pinned on the couple, they will be charged with it.

Since there are still things that are unfinished, its hard to say just what the final charges may be.

Old 06-28-2020, 10:19 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,158,170 times
I saw a former law enforcement guy saying that LE generally releases less than half of what they know about a particular case before charges are filed.

In this case, I know they recovered some emails, and I bet they have more between Chad and Lori that could implicate both in all of this. They weren't very careful, and from what I've read Lori wasn't very tech savvy so it's possible they have recovered a lot of the email correspondence between the 2. I can't remember if they recovered the email with light/dark ratings from a computer, or if someone else had it and gave it to them.

Cyril Wecht, a prominent medical examiner said in the 6+ months since Tammy Daybell was disinterred they have had plenty of time to run all available tests, so he's sure they have the results. So they are holding back her cause of death for some reason.

They recovered several cell phones when they served the warrant in Hawaii. They haven't said what they found on those other than to say one was Tylee's.

I hope that former LE guy was right, and that they have plenty of evidence to send both of these people away for life.

On one hand I wish they'd hurry so I could quit worrying that they could go free. But on the other hand I'm glad they're taking their time getting everything right.

Old 06-28-2020, 02:53 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,250,708 times
No need for you to worry. Even if let go, I doubt they would swing by and hurt you. However, if I was a family member, I would make sure the gun is nearby at all times.

Old 06-28-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
No need for you to worry. Even if let go, I doubt they would swing by and hurt you. However, if I was a family member, I would make sure the gun is nearby at all times.
Yup. They're proven to be lethal.
But I think the Daybells are the most hated couple in America right now, so if they were ever released, I'm sure they would do their best to become invisible and would make no disturbance.

I overheard two Moms talking about what they would like to do to Lori Daybell for killing her kids in Walmart last week; I was amazed at how violent their talk was.

Old 06-28-2020, 05:35 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
I wouldn't be surprised that Lori wakes up to reality and turns the table on her husband to save some skin.
Their prediction the world would end on the 22nd of June didn't transpire so now she'll have to re-think her future.

Old 06-29-2020, 02:54 PM

Yet another search warrant served on Chad Daybell's Rexburg house early this afternoon. They were seen in the house and the back yard taking photos.

It was the Rexburg police which means it was probably relating to the kids and not Tammy Daybell's death.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...daybells-home/

Old 06-29-2020, 05:19 PM

They carried some paper bags out of the barn and at least one of the sheds too.

Old 06-29-2020, 07:50 PM

Two new charges against Lori Daybell. Conspiracy to conceal or destroy evidence, and her co-conspirators are Alex and Chad. The Court TV analysts are saying the conspiracy term is important because it's leading to murder charges for both Lori and Chad because we're pretty sure Alex actually murdered the kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPNNlxCiRCI&t=1s

Old 06-30-2020, 12:12 AM

I figured the law would go for conspiracy to murder if they could. It carries the same penalties as murder, and the conspirators can still be tried even if the murderer is dead.

I'm as sure as can be there's solid evidence to support the charges.

I'm still sickened every time I see that photo of the 2 kids with Alex Cox by their side, all smiling and happy-looking. The depravity really bothers me deeply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime