Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2012, 09:50 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,375,751 times

Advertisements

Just my wish for the show, but with the evil Mrs Bates murdered, Mr Bates must be the prime suspect. But one other person may have motive, the evil newspaper magnate Richard, who did threaten her in his office never to cross him. I hope the SOB is the killer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 12:42 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,348,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Just my wish for the show, but with the evil Mrs Bates murdered, Mr Bates must be the prime suspect. But one other person may have motive, the evil newspaper magnate Richard, who did threaten her in his office never to cross him. I hope the SOB is the killer.

Bates is really scewed at this point... at least until his name is cleared. I don't think Richard would do it.. but hire someone but I really don't think he is behind it. Frankly, the way Mrs. Bates talks to people and behaves, I'd say there is more than one possibility for killers. I bet she has quite a following of who would like to see her dead.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:26 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Bates is really scewed at this point... at least until his name is cleared. I don't think Richard would do it.. but hire someone but I really don't think he is behind it. Frankly, the way Mrs. Bates talks to people and behaves, I'd say there is more than one possibility for killers. I bet she has quite a following of who would like to see her dead.
I agree that Mrs. Bates most certainly was involved with other questionable people - and one of them is probably killer. And in fact I'm wondering if as we learn more about how and why she died, perhaps we'll learn more about why she was so hell-bent on holding onto Bates?

She wasn't holding onto him for the money - he was willing to give her everything, just to get away. So you have to wonder if there was more to the story?

Old 02-11-2012, 04:00 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
My preference for the Bates plot might be too modern. I'd like him to go on trial for murdering her, be found not guilty, then as he's hugging Anna, the camera pans in and we see a sly grin on Bates's face that says--- I Did It.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:24 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
My preference for the Bates plot might be too modern. I'd like him to go on trial for murdering her, be found not guilty, then as he's hugging Anna, the camera pans in and we see a sly grin on Bates's face that says--- I Did It.
If Bates did do it, and got away with it, and was proud of it, like you describe above, I would completely lose interest in his story line - other than to hope Anna would see the truth about him - quickly.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:17 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,033,924 times
I want to know why she hates him so much. I hope that comes out soon!

Old 02-12-2012, 02:53 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
That was my thought tonite, I wish someone would catch that one butler, I can't wait till they catch this guy at something.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:49 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
If Bates did do it, and got away with it, and was proud of it, like you describe above, I would completely lose interest in his story line - other than to hope Anna would see the truth about him - quickly.
I've already lost interest in the Bates-wife-Anna storyline and rather the whole wife issue end this season. It looks like he'll be arrested, then what ? He didn't do it and is found not guilty ? Yawn. He didn't do it and is found guilty ? Possible, but geez, let him and Anna get on with their lives already.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:08 PM

212 posts, read 417,771 times
Default DISH blackoout of PBS?

Did anyone else miss last week's episode of Downton Abby because of the Nebraska PBS Blackout by DISH? I am just furious that we get caught in the middle of fights between the stations and providers. We haven't gotten FOX since Jan 1st either. Mostly I want to see the Downton Abby series and can't get it. We live in a very rural area with no cable and limited antenna reception. I don't even know if we can get antenna anymore because of he conversion thing a couple yers back. So NO PBS OR FOX and I'm pisssed!

Old 02-12-2012, 03:25 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,944,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortisha View Post
Did anyone else miss last week's episode of Downton Abby because of the Nebraska PBS Blackout by DISH? I am just furious that we get caught in the middle of fights between the stations and providers. We haven't gotten FOX since Jan 1st either. Mostly I want to see the Downton Abby series and can't get it. We live in a very rural area with no cable and limited antenna reception. I don't even know if we can get antenna anymore because of he conversion thing a couple yers back. So NO PBS OR FOX and I'm pisssed!
That is horrible. Are you able to access it from the PBS website? That way you can catch up before the newest episode tonight?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV