Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2012, 03:39 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,360,378 times

Advertisements

It repeated last night at 12mn and will repeat on Thurs. evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 07:36 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,389,798 times
I can get three different PBS stations - and it is shown on one channel on Sunday nights, and during the week on another channel, and not at all on the third. So it really does depend on your local PBS station.

I have my DVR set to record it, and I'm surprised sometimes at the odd times it's shown!

Old 02-14-2012, 06:58 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,366,258 times
I DVR'd it and it only recorded one hour of it. When it cut off abruptly I knew I was missing something so I went online and discovered that it was 2 hours. I hate watching shows on my 13" laptop but had to in this case just to see the whole show.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:53 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,165,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I'm not watching any Amazon.

Tonight I cried and cried and cried. Then, right at the end, Bates is arrested and taken away. He is too good a man to have done it and also in the preview it showed someone saying, "He was wrongly accused." So there will be a debate, probably a trial, I don't know. It's also sad about Matthew and Mary. Now she has to marry (Richard?) I wonder what would have happened if Lavinia had not seen them dancing and kissing and died due to a broken heart. Maybe Matthew would have let go of her after all and married Mary. What a complicated episode.
I cried as well! First I was so happy that Anna and Bates were FINALLY together. Then he gets arrested

Old 02-14-2012, 10:56 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,165,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
I think his lordship and the parlor maid is the most Far-fetched sub-plot yet. Totally ridiculous IMO. Which is not to say that it never happens in real life but in this case I didn't buy it at all.
True but then again this is what contributed to his change of heart concerning his daughter Sybil and the Chauffeur Branson!

Old 02-14-2012, 12:47 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,229,853 times
I am LOVING Downton Abbey - best show on TV in a looooooong time IMHO.

I thought this last episode was great, but I don't understand what lady Sybil would see in the chauffeur - he doesn't seem anything like interesting or attractive enough for her.

That's the only part that really doesn't ring true at all to me.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:54 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,499,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
I DVR'd it and it only recorded one hour of it. When it cut off abruptly I knew I was missing something so I went online and discovered that it was 2 hours. I hate watching shows on my 13" laptop but had to in this case just to see the whole show.
And if you noticed, the TV Guide Channel showed it only going to 10 pm as usual. It even had the next show beginning at 11.

I always have the recorder on even when I am watching in case I fall asleep. I noticed it shut off at 11 when it thought DA had ended. I kept waiting for the ending of the scheduled episode but when it kept on, I realized the next episode was being shown.

I cannot imagine why PBS did this.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:49 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,955,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
I am LOVING Downton Abbey - best show on TV in a looooooong time IMHO.

I thought this last episode was great, but I don't understand what lady Sybil would see in the chauffeur - he doesn't seem anything like interesting or attractive enough for her.

That's the only part that really doesn't ring true at all to me.
Well, since the beginning of the show she has always been the most level headed and seems to judge people as a whole instead of what they can offer. I think she likes that he doesn't bow down to her but treats her like an equal. We will see how this relationship progresses. I have a feeling it may be the most successful out of the sisters.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:17 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,430,636 times
Sob...I can't believe that tonight's episode will be the last one of Season 2. My only consolation is that my local PBS station is airing every episode of Season 2 again, starting in about 45 minutes. Guess I'll be hanging around the house today finishing up my chores, and reliving Downton Abbey.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:48 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,360,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
Sob...I can't believe that tonight's episode will be the last one of Season 2. My only consolation is that my local PBS station is airing every episode of Season 2 again, starting in about 45 minutes. Guess I'll be hanging around the house today finishing up my chores, and reliving Downton Abbey.

Yeah, really... did that go by in a flash or what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV