Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 02:46 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,244,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I started watching this series last night on my new Kindle. I'm hooked after 3 episodes. Glad I can watch it as I wish.

My Kindle says I'm watching the "original, unedited UK version". Does anyone know what the difference is between that and BBCA?
tamiznluv, the unedited version may contain a couple of minutes of an extended or added scene. I've caught that only a couple of times but generally not paying close attention. The edits don't really make much difference to the BBCA version. I think it's mostly just to fit a time frame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 04:28 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,278,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
tamiznluv, the unedited version may contain a couple of minutes of an extended or added scene. I've caught that only a couple of times but generally not paying close attention. The edits don't really make much difference to the BBCA version. I think it's mostly just to fit a time frame.
I think you are corect, tofu. These eppies are just a little over an hour long on the Kindle.

I'm on eppie 6 (I think) of season 1 now. I just can't stand that O'Brien and Thomas! I want to go right through my poor little screen and beat them up! WTH is their problem?? I may have missed something in the begining when they were talking out the sides of their mouthes or plotting. I have a difficult time understanding the more "cockney" accents and Irish, Scotch. Poor Bates.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:10 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,185,060 times
Yeah that kind of peed me off when thomas kicked bates's cane out from under him . Then obrien with her putting the soap under the bath so cora could fall and loose the baby ... what a hateful person . I wish she and thomas both would go . Im so glad that bates 's wife is dead , but now the ? is ? is he going to be convicted of the murder ? ugh I hope not .

Old 12-18-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Yeah that kind of peed me off when thomas kicked bates's cane out from under him . Then obrien with her putting the soap under the bath so cora could fall and loose the baby ... what a hateful person . I wish she and thomas both would go . Im so glad that bates 's wife is dead , but now the ? is ? is he going to be convicted of the murder ? ugh I hope not .
Murder?? What season is this show going to be starting the next time it comes on? I just finished season 1 and am about to start season 2. Just saw O'Brien learn that killing Cora's baby had been uneccessary. I'd like to see her commit suicide.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:39 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,185,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Murder?? What season is this show going to be starting the next time it comes on? I just finished season 1 and am about to start season 2. Just saw O'Brien learn that killing Cora's baby had been uneccessary. I'd like to see her commit suicide.
okay bates bought poison for some reason and now bates late wife has been found dead and it was from poison and he will be arrested and put on trial .

Old 12-18-2012, 08:50 PM

7,413 posts, read 5,523,246 times
I guess they did not show all of season two. The last episode I saw was the one where Lavinia's secret is revealed and Anna tracks down Bates. How many more episodes were left in the season and can you watch them online?

Old 12-19-2012, 05:24 AM

Just got through watching season 2 also. Can't wait for the new season to begin next month.

rxgrrl, there were 9 epiodes in season two.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:46 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,402,400 times
Just thinking about the show starting up again in January makes me smile. I just love this series and it caught me off guard because I really did not think it would appeal to me. The characters are so real and the story lines are great. What a delight it is to have something with class (pun intended) on the TV.

Another thing that is so odd to me is that I would wear jeans and sweats all the time if I could get by with it but I LOVE the women's dresses on the show.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Just thinking about the show starting up again in January makes me smile. I just love this series and it caught me off guard because I really did not think it would appeal to me. The characters are so real and the story lines are great. What a delight it is to have something with class (pun intended) on the TV.

Another thing that is so odd to me is that I would wear jeans and sweats all the time if I could get by with it but I LOVE the women's dresses on the show.
Me too, Keta. We'd have to be part of the aristocracy to have dresses like that though in England. That aristocracy was, to say the least, stuffy.

Those WWI scenes for the first time made me realize how fortunate I was to be born. My Bampa served in WWI and I've never realized what a "crude" battle it was. Then having my dad survive WWII.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:20 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,333,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post

Arent' they beautiful? It was interesting how long it takes to get into them and do all the hair and accessories as well. The 'upper class' actresses spend a lot of time just dressing, and of course you can't just dress yourself. I can see why that sort of wardrobe went by the way.

Its interesting the way dress still followed the great divide since the middle ages. The gentry with servants wore clothes that laced in the back. It said you had at least enough servants to get you dressed. The trade class wore sometimes elaborate fabrics, but their dresses and vests laced in front, since they didn't have the time or money for servants to dress them. This lasted all the way up to the abandonment of the corset in the last century. (which feels very wierd to say)

But I know people who do Regiency dancing, and Victorian and even later dress is also worn at cons along with science fiction sorts of hall costumes. All lovingly made as authentically as you can. It's fun to dress up in something like these dresses and be able to show them off to apprecitave audience and friends, and then go home and back to jeans and knit.

I made a coat which is very much like the Edwardian style women wear, and it gets notice and part of the fun is you feel so out of your own skin even in a little bit of borrowing. The actresses said they love the clothes, but I'll bet they are quite happy to go home and move ahead a century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV