Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 04:09 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,954,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
sigh---hope all of you jon is so great supporters continue to have great men in your lives cause an involved encounter with a jon type would get you to change your tune quickly--i said it before,but i will repeat---women are the LEAST supportive of one another and this thread proves it
You serioulsy need to calm down, ma'am. If you have anger towards men or something, I'm sorry for you, but geeze louise, you need to count to 10 or something. Your anger towards Jon and making Kate a saint is just as skocking and crazy to the rest of us as our dislike of Kate is to you.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
where is it obvious?most of the clips in the series shows him complaining about them crying,being too slow,so on
And so does Kate lady, ALL THE TIME. Unless you're watching a completely different show than the rest of us are.

Quote:
----if you love your kids you DO NOT bring your adulterous girlfriend to their house,
where do you get your information from, the national enquirer ?

Quote:
avoid going on vacation with ALL of them,
do you live with them ? Did Kate tell you that he avoided or refused to go with them ? What do you have to say about Kate when she's off traveling all over the country with her body guard doing book signings when Jon is home with the kids ?

Quote:
-so again---WHERE IS THAT LOVE????
It probably died a slow painful death several years ago when Kate belittled him for the 100th time on public television.... no, maybe it happened when she went off on him for not getting a $50 receipt when she makes $75 k an episode and gets thousands of dollars worth of freebies. Or perhaps it happened when he told her he didn't want to do another season, but she said " I like what we do" and probably nagged the crap out of him to get her way.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:56 AM

58 posts, read 136,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Does anyone watch this? I really enjoy the show and it makes me thankful that I just have one toddler! I can't believe how rude she is to Jon though. I'm sure a lot of it is just lack of sleep and being overworked, but I would be so embarrassed to watch myself behave that way.
I have watched the show a few times, but more to see what Kate is going to say to Jon rather than anything that has to do with the kids. I'm not sure why he has not blown up on her yet. He would have a different life if he would just turn around and let her have it after one of her little fits. You cant really blame him for finding another woman. I bet she's proably very submissive and allows him to make decisions, but he should have left Kate first. He's making himself a poor role model for his boys.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverlysmithscott View Post
I have watched the show a few times, but more to see what Kate is going to say to Jon rather than anything that has to do with the kids. I'm not sure why he has not blown up on her yet. He would have a different life if he would just turn around and let her have it after one of her little fits. You cant really blame him for finding another woman. I bet she's proably very submissive and allows him to make decisions, but he should have left Kate first. He's making himself a poor role model for his boys.
I don't condone adultery for any reason at all, I feel they should work on it first, and if things don't get better, then get a divorce. However, I do agree with you on him letting her have it. I don't mean physically, but he should embarrassed her right back and stood up for himself right then and there when she acted like such a witch. I've said it in the past.... he must have more patience than she does, and doesn't want to make an idiot out of himself. Don't know for sure. I have seen him stand up to her and she gets really defensive, rolls her eyes and makes more embarrassing comments.... so he probably shut down emotionally on her and left her in his mind a while ago.
I wouldn't stay with a man that talked to me the way she talks to him.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:57 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Generally, I don't condone adultery, either. However, in Jon's case...it's perfectly understandable.

Good post Mainegirl...there certainly is that double-standard. If a guy treated a girl like Kate treats Jon...the majority women would be crying abuse all around...and they would be right. However, Kate treats him like ****, and most women think he should be tough enough to take it. It's equally abusive in my mind.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:57 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times
I watched American Chopper last night and it was the episode where they made the chopper for Jon. It was very interesting to hear the comments that both Jon and Kate made about each other. Kate made another ugly comment about the dogs in front of the Chopper guys towards Jon. It will be interesting to see the difference if any when they show the episode on Jon and Kate. Jon did dedicate the chopper to the kid, it turned out really nice.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:58 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Generally, I don't condone adultery, either. However, in Jon's case...it's perfectly understandable.

Good post Mainegirl...there certainly is that double-standard. If a guy treated a girl like Kate treats Jon...the majority women would be crying abuse all around...and they would be right. However, Kate treats him like ****, and most women think he should be tough enough to take it. It's equally abusive in my mind.

thank you, my point exactly she is an abusive partner, she sounds an awful lot like my ex-husband.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I watched American Chopper last night and it was the episode where they made the chopper for Jon. It was very interesting to hear the comments that both Jon and Kate made about each other. Kate made another ugly comment about the dogs in front of the Chopper guys towards Jon. It will be interesting to see the difference if any when they show the episode on Jon and Kate. Jon did dedicate the chopper to the kid, it turned out really nice.
I missed that, but I saw a preview of it last week where the father on American Chopper put his arm around Jon it seems to console him or something, and Jon was just standing there with a stoic look on his face.

What sort of comments did Jon and Kate make about each other ? That should be interesting.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:29 AM

206 posts, read 615,568 times
people get a life and leave them alone

Old 06-12-2009, 09:35 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
i am leaving them alone. i used to enjoy their show but don't find it rewarding anymore. it just goes to show that when people appreciate the simpler things in life their lives run a lot smoother. they may be better off financially than when they started this show, but they hurt the concept of "family" in the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.