Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 10:53 AM

2 posts, read 25,189 times

Advertisements

NJ UNEMPLOYMENT STINKS!! And it tells you to call them-HOW???? IT IS ALWAYS BUSY TO CALL THEM!!!! NOW WHAT???? I FAXED TO THEM TO GET AN ANSWER. NOW WHAT??? I JUST WANT MY MONEY!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 12:54 PM

19 posts, read 56,804 times
NJ UNEMPLOYMENT STINKS!

agree, try calling first thing in the morning, around 8:25AM. They open at 8:30 AM, or just go to your local office again go first thing in the morning. I would wait there for them to open up.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:17 AM

2 posts, read 25,189 times
I did finally talked to them-but I have to wait for a supervisor to do my claim. It has been for a month!!!

Old 06-17-2013, 06:29 AM

1 posts, read 12,408 times
Default pended

My claim was denied because my boss said i was fired for comming in late. I denied this but i was still denied. I appealed the desicion and won but it took 3 months. You can start collecting after 8 weeks while waiting for the appeal. I just got paid for the first 8 weeks but it took 3 months to get it. DONT give up. Your boss HAS to give you a written warning. That is the reason i won.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 11,838 times
I had the same message, when I checked the status of my claim. My claim is pended and I have an oppointment with a claims examiner, and it says for reason - monetary.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:20 PM

1 posts, read 10,491 times
how long after seeing the pended message do you find out your status

Old 06-14-2014, 12:29 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy007 View Post
how long after seeing the pended message do you find out your status
You find out when your state investigates your claim and determines your eligibility. The timeframe varies by state. Often, depending on whether you quit, were laid off, employer contests the claim or says something different than you did on the discharge, you will need to be interviewed by a claims examiner. If you are in NJ, have not yet had your interview, it could take up to six or seven weeks for a determination. If it's a simple layoff in NJ and both you and employer agree, status could change much sooner.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:57 AM

3 posts, read 24,207 times
Default unemployment pended

Im claiming in the state of NJ, i had my claims interview and the examiner stated that the employer has 48 hours to respond. first off the claims examiner was rude and even though my lawyer was present on the call she still had an attitude. my interview was wens nov 26th, its now thursday dec 4 and my status still says pended. I havent been without work for years, why do you have to fight for unemployment benefits when ive paid my dues... isnt that why we pay unemployment insurance? The examiner also stated if she needs any other info she would call me on monday dec 1st and i never recieved a call, i try calling the numbers provided and i can never get through... This is so stressful, i just want my money so i can pay my bills. Any response to the post is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 12-04-2014, 10:26 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needbenifits View Post
Im claiming in the state of NJ, i had my claims interview and the examiner stated that the employer has 48 hours to respond. first off the claims examiner was rude and even though my lawyer was present on the call she still had an attitude. my interview was wens nov 26th, its now thursday dec 4 and my status still says pended.
48 hours to employer response doesn't meant NJ immediately makes a decision and starts processing payment. You were interviewed on 11/26, NJ can take ten days to issue a determination which puts you into this weekend. Chances are when you claim Sunday, if the determination was positive, there may a change in your online status. You should get a letter next week one way or the other.

You don't state why you felt you needed an atty on this call. Sounds like you were discharged.

For what?

If you said anything to incriminate yourself which even raises the question of possible misconduct - despite your arguments stating otherwise - unless employer responds to the contrary, you can expect an 8-wk dq from benefits from the date of discharge.

Questions are:

What reason did you put on your application for the discharge?
What did you tell claims examiner?

Old 12-04-2014, 12:08 PM

3 posts, read 24,207 times
i was discharged for performance, lack of attentiveness to emails. i had a att present because i never had unemployment before and thought it would be better than not having one present
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment