Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 06:42 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
If there is anyone who is interested in bettering their tarot skills or wants to learn from the beginning?
I could use your 'help'. I'm testing and doing 'dry runs' of the workshops I have been developing.
I have workshops on making spreads, on understanding the Celtic cross spread, understanding the court cards and more....
this is not a self-promotion...i'm not going to ask anyone for money (if anything, I am giving it away) and I will discuss things about tarot in this forum for those who ask.
I am totally interested. At the moment I guess you'd call me a dilettante lol.

I have one deck--the Morgan-Greer deck, and I generally do 5 card spreads when I want to know something, and that something usually has to do with a man b/c I've been "boy crazy" all of my life. My last spread was kind of confusing--it was on 7/15/13 and my question was "What qualities will my next lover have?" It was kind of an exasperated question b/c things are thin on the ground right now and the last one I thought was perfect at first and that relationship ended in flames with me never wanting to see him again and him almost (but not quite) stalking me. At the moment, I have a job that keeps me pretty busy until 10:00 pm on most week nights so no time for dating anyway, but I'm curious about this one b/c there's a major and 2 2's and it's male dominated! I might add that in everything but my love life, and maybe even that I'm blissfully happy and feel that I finally found my true path in life but I sure don't want to be single forever.

So what I got was, past: 2 swords rev, present: 6 wands rev, underlying infl: Judgement, advice: 2 wands, and final outcome: Ace swords rev

I appreciate in advance anything you have to say Owl--if it gets tiresome, let us know and I really think this is cool what you're doing.

I know this all has something to do with making a decision but I'm not clear as to whether it's a decision on the man's part or on mine and then sometimes something in the cards has to do with my career so I'm not sure whether to read it that way or whether I should stick strictly to the question and if I had to guess I'd say read only the context of a career if it has anything to do with the question? And I sure hope the decision I'm to make isn't between the love of my life and my career cuz the kids told me I'm not to even think of going anywhere else!

Oh yes, and is it possible that I already made the momentous choice? I moved about a week after that reading, from the city to the country, in order to take this position and maybe it means that I'll meet him here? Life certainly is different around here and I'm lucky to have friends here or it would get dull. Advice said I believe, a period of waiting and then look for: an enterprising person, business partner, proud person involved in negotiations, traveller. I sort of get from the cards that the someone may be going thru an upheaval right now like a divorce. As you can see I pretty much go by the book.

So to sum up, what I get is that there will be a period of waiting and then I'll meet someone around here and possibly thru my job, as special ed teachers often deal with legal issues. At the moment he is off center emotionally. There certainly aren't any possibilities at my school right now though but that's ok--I'm trusting in the LoA, and I just get curious sometimes. Or is that just what I want to read into it? Yes, I can see how reading for yourself could skew results.

Part of what confuses me is that Judgement seems to be about answering a call, which is momentous of course and I do feel that I did that in moving here to work with the kids, but of course that has nothing to do with my question unless the cards are telling me that this is more important to concentrate on right now.

Last edited by stepka; 09-17-2013 at 07:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 11:37 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,729,541 times
Does anyone know of any reputable Tarot readers in Manhattan or on Long Island? I've been wanting to get a read but there are so many (seems like several on every block in Manhattan!) and I want someone who is good.

Thanks!

Old 09-18-2013, 11:35 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Quote:
So what I got was, past: 2 swords rev, present: 6 wands rev, underlying infl: Judgement, advice: 2 wands, and final outcome: Ace swords rev
For starters, the spread used is not really geared towards answering the question presented.
However, it does relate to relationships, but is not its focus. I see it more as a focus on you and what surrounds your 'availablility' (for lack of a better word at the moment(-long day)).
The past card is a clear reflection of the seperation of a union. One nutshell meaning of the 2 of Swords reversed is Divorce. It's the severing of a legal contract (marriage in the case of relationships). The rest of the cards speak of your current state and perspective. 6 of wands reversed is not exactly a feeling of defeat, but is a time for recuperation and introspection. The wand aspect is your uncertainty and unknowing. This card and the 2 of wands is telling you that YOU need to establish what it is you want, what is your passion, what is it that 'turns you on' in a relationship (not physical turn ons). Judgement plays into this as the way you are seeing things at the moment. What 'he' will be like is your own undertaking. If you don't know what you want, (don't have the 'facts') then a judgment cannot be made. The Ace of swords in reversed is you having not made up your mind yet. Overall, you are still mixed up in the past and this is hindering your ability to know. You still need to sort through everything, make 'piles' of things to keep and things to throw away. Healing can take time, and right now you are still in the healing process. One cannot be fully clear and ready for the next step until this period has passed.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:32 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,083 times
Ok my turn I did a new spread which looked fun, the days of the week spread so it was 7 cards, question was about the man I'm currently seeing and our contact with one another. (communication wise)

Got : 2 swords, 7 wands , 9 swords, The World reversed, King of pentacles, 2 pentacles and The Moon reversed.

position 1 (2 swords) supposed to be the past (this spread is not read as "what will happen Monday etc., just somewhat a basic 7 card spread with Sunday, the 7th card (Moon, reversed) being the outcome.

I was surprised at my confusion with this combination of cards (which fits with the moon reversed as an outcome.)

Noticed I have 2 2's, not enough to comment on. Noticed that because in Stepka's cards, she had 3 out of 5. The number for partnership. (Judgment is a 2) I take that as a good sign for you Stepka since you are asking a partnership question. But my cards ???

Old 09-18-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
For starters, the spread used is not really geared towards answering the question presented.
However, it does relate to relationships, but is not its focus. I see it more as a focus on you and what surrounds your 'availablility' (for lack of a better word at the moment(-long day)).
The past card is a clear reflection of the seperation of a union. One nutshell meaning of the 2 of Swords reversed is Divorce. It's the severing of a legal contract (marriage in the case of relationships). The rest of the cards speak of your current state and perspective. 6 of wands reversed is not exactly a feeling of defeat, but is a time for recuperation and introspection. The wand aspect is your uncertainty and unknowing. This card and the 2 of wands is telling you that YOU need to establish what it is you want, what is your passion, what is it that 'turns you on' in a relationship (not physical turn ons). Judgement plays into this as the way you are seeing things at the moment. What 'he' will be like is your own undertaking. If you don't know what you want, (don't have the 'facts') then a judgment cannot be made. The Ace of swords in reversed is you having not made up your mind yet. Overall, you are still mixed up in the past and this is hindering your ability to know. You still need to sort through everything, make 'piles' of things to keep and things to throw away. Healing can take time, and right now you are still in the healing process. One cannot be fully clear and ready for the next step until this period has passed.
Wow Owl, you're a genius with this stuff and I mean that sincerely. That is exactly what's going on in my life b/c the ex dropped a bomb almost 5 years ago but after 23 years of marriage and I suppose that in trying to date I'm rushing things a bit and yes I have this very strong feeling that while my heart wants to be ready, perhaps it isn't, quite. And I have a lot of "organizing" to do. BTW though, I do know what I want but right now would be bad timing anyway. I have put in my order with the universe lol.

LWS, I'm going to go look some stuff up and then wait and see what Owl says and see how close I come. I don't think I came that close with mine but I was all tied up in it and I almost had it but wasn't sure. I did read the 3/5 2's as a positive sign though.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:49 PM

Yeah, I was looking at yours as a not yet ready, not so much you ^^^^^^^ are not ready, but your guy is on his way yet not there at the moment because he is not yet ready. Good idea to put your order in with the Universe.

The following could be overanalyzing or projecting my own situation on to yours, but here goes:

Sometimes romantically I find myself stuck in a 2 swords mentality. [I have never heard of that as a divorce card when reversed but glad to learn something new. Makes sense. To me it's movement (when reversed) vs. no movement when regular side up. There is something you are not seeing when the 2 of swords appears either way.]

Do you not feel it's time to move forward? Thinking your guy is not there because he is not yet ready can be a self fulfilling prophecy. (the not there yet being the focus) Are you relaxed that he is on his way or are you tense (also a 2 swords energy) because it is not happening yet? Are you ready or subconsciously perhaps are you not?

I find in my cards , since I too had the 2 swords, these are questions I can ask myself- what subconscious (unseen) fear is holding you back? Do you think those are valid question for you at all Stepka? (Though your spread describing him of course does seem to indicate it is he who is not yet moving in the right direction. The 2 of swords is a card of indecision, is that a quality you want in your next lover?)

Old 09-18-2013, 05:35 PM

Yes LWS, you're right--I'm not quite ready. And maybe the new man to come into my life isn't. Maybe he's going thru a divorce right now or something like that. I don't feel anxious about it b/c right now I'm in a good place all by myself with my little dog and an empty nest which turned out to not be quite as heartbreaking as I'd feared. I do believe firmly in the LoA so I'm just waiting patiently though I do get curious at times.

Here's another part of the not quite ready thing though and a bit amusing. I have a wide circle of acquaintances and many of them are very nice men. Some of them are married or otherwise tied to other women so of course they're off limits, but there may be something about them I like so when I put my order in to the universe I say things like, "I want a man with X's intellect and who twinkles his blue eyes at me the way Y does," or "I want a man that I can talk to the way I can with Z." I know it sounds silly but I think it helps me clarify which traits I find attractive in a man, rather than focusing on what I don't want. Trouble is, I'm still putting in my order. So when I run out of stuff to order, I meet him? Right, that's a rhetorical question.

I will look yours up later because I'm interested to see what I can learn from this and how your 2 swords differs from mine and sounds like you're dating someone but not quite sure? IME, it means that he's not the one, w/o even looking at the cards but that's maybe not what you're asking. I'll be curious to see how yours shapes up.

Owl, I meant to ask, which would have been a better spread for my question and what is the best kind of question to ask for the one I chose? Is that more of a decision one? Since I'm such a beginner I don't feel ready for a 10 card or anything more complicated than what I did--5 is hard enough. Anyone can look up the meaning of the cards from a book, but it takes someone with skill to put it together into a coherent reading as you know. And thank you thank you thank you. I remember thinking, "Wouldn't it be nice if I had a Tarot mentor. . ." and here you are.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:25 PM

I remember hearing that you're not supposed to keep changing your order, changing your order confuses the universe maybe? I'd just list maybe 6 must haves and 4 qualities that you can be flexible on and leave the list alone. I like how you take bits and pieces from the men around you. I'm going to list mine (in my journal, don't want to influence anyone) and leave it at that. If it's my current guy, great. If not, I am open to that but there is something magnetic about this guy I asked about in my cards.
Oh, maybe a fun tarot exercise to help learn , you could say to yourself if cards were qualities which would I want? 2 swords, I doubt you'd put indecisiveness on your list. Maybe instead consistent would make your top 10? (again, not trying to influence, just using an example we've already discussed.)

Yeah, Owl is good and very informative about law of attraction too.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:20 PM

Hubs drove me home so I got a quick read of everyone's posts. I have a test, dinner and a little bit of home work to do and then I will be back and really absorb everything.
But to answer about what spread would be better for Stepka and the man question-
Here are two that would be good; the Elemental and one I call 'the reporter'.
The elemental is 5 cards; Fire, earth, air, water, and Spirit- aka, Ether.
Fire is the action, the passion, the life source.
Earth is the physical, material aspects but also can represent the body and health.
Air is mental, the thoughts and intellect.
Water is the emotional and intuitive aspect.
Spirit- pretty self explanatory. Often this card expresses what the Universe has to say on the matter.
The cards are arranged as so...(start with fire, end with spirit)
----S----
F-E-A-W

The Reporter follows the formula for any good newspaper report.
Who, What, Where, When, Why & How. You can leave these as they are, or 'finish' them. For example 'who' is the right person for me? Of course this wont provide a name, just the character/personality. 'What' do I need to do to meet this person? 'Where' might I find this person? - again, no actual place name given, but it can. Something in the card might relate to a place you recognize. 'When' is a tricky one because our inclination is to think of time. With this it is more about what has to be lined up first. 'Why' -hmm, can't come up with a phrase for the guy Q at the moment, and 'How' - how do I go about making myself available to this person.
(Maybe 'why' could be - why have I fallen short in past relationships).
No real arrangement, just pull and read.

I also have another 3 card spread that is easy and very informative. It is arranged as a triangle.
1- (top) self, is all about you or the person getting the reading
2- (left) negitive, challenges, hinderings, lacking, all that stuff that we dislike and opposes our goal
3- (right) positive, advantages, skills, resources, etc.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:31 PM

LWS's cards
Got : 2 swords, 7 wands , 9 swords, The World reversed, King of pentacles, 2 pentacles and The Moon reversed.

How well do you know this guy? Your cards have me a little concerned.
Is he dating other women? (that you know of?)
How witty of the cards to put the Moon reversed in the 'Sun' position.
In a nutshell, this says loudly, 'Things will come into the light'. The Moon typically is what is hidden and unseen, what we fear and our uncertainties and disillusions. You may not be dis-illusioned (quite the opposite, as we will see later), however this combo is an unveiling of some sort of something that is not seen at the moment.
Several of the cards speak of uncertainties, 2 of Swords, 7 of Wands, 9 of swords (and the Moon).
The World reversed is not of uncertainties, but is like the Moon in that the whole picture is not seen.
The 7 of Wands is in Tuesday, Tyr's day, associated with Mars, a male planet. This card is also about change.
Speaking of Change, we have Saturn's day, 2 of Pentacles, Saturn (another male planet) is also about change as is the 2 of Pentacles.
I wonder if he is thinking about moving, like far away. And maybe this is the uncertainty coming through. He's not talking about it because he is just not sure at the moment.
Or on the flip side, this could be a deceptive thing, not to be dishonest, but not really being fair to others near him- but perhaps he has plans to move, but is waiting to tell everyone when all his ducks are in a row.
Contrary to all these cards is the Venus day card, Friday, where the King of Pentacles resides. While this is a king, I take it to be more about you than him. Court cards are not gender specific. No matter what he has going on, you are independent enough to deal with it. This King is sensual, as is Venus, (loves beauty and pleasurable things) but even with this soft side, is not easily fooled and can be quite stubborn. This is a person who is very cautious. (smart)...and very patient as well. This King fools people. They think they see someone who is about to get blindsided, but in the end, the King saw it coming all along and just waits until that last minute to act.
If anyone can sense if there is something someone is hiding, this character will know it...and...is the only one to be crafty and persistent enough to get it out of them. Either through (harmless) trickery or just question after question, even if it is the same question.
The 9 of Swords and World cards are the ones that give me most concern. 9 of swords is one of the most 'heavy' negative cards in the deck. And the World, well- that is everything, and it's turned upside down! 9 of swords can be a 'nightmare' situation and a rude awakening, it can be of guilt, doubt, fear.
Again, I wonder, what does he have going on that he is not telling. These cards imply that he's got some whirlwind, perhaps over-stuffed baggage that he is not willing to disclose. Maybe he is too embarrassed (understandable), or he's just not being on the table about things. That's the part that concerns me. Too many cards point in this direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal