Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 06:38 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss429 View Post
there are mountains lions in north alabama .. though i`ve never seen one .. there are black bears in north alabama ,, though iv`e never seen one .. there are bobcats in north bama .. i`ve never seen one ..there are even venus fly traps in north bama but iv`e never seen one .. does that mean they dont exist ? there are armidillo`s now in north bama .. yes i`ve seen plenty but they are always dead on the side of the road ... HA !!!
Then apparently based upon your logic there are unicorns in north alabama as well as a pair of T-Rex.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:18 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I looked up Matthew Johnson in the state licensure directories for psychologists, counselors, and social workers. Nothing. If he's practicing as a "psychologist" in the state, it's not as a licensed one. He may be a substance abuse counselor or some lower-level helping professional that doesn't require an advanced degree, but use of the label "psychologist" requires a doctoral degree and a license in most states. Or maybe he's a guy with a bachelor's in psych who thought that label would add credence to his testimony. If his claims about himself are exaggerated, then how can we trust what he's saying about his encounter?

Regarding in general the reliability of the testimony of a psychologist ... I will point out that medical professionals and dentists also have higher suicide rates than the general population. Ditto for first responders and military. They're all high-stress, high-burnout occupations. I don't believe elevated suicide rates in a population makes the testimony of that population unreliable - many of these groups are trained to be careful observers.
I don't know Matthew Johnson. I am not insinuating that all psychologist are basket cases. What I do know is that, no matter what your credentials, people can fabricate stories or have their own mental interpretations of the events that they witnessed. We are all human and all of us make mistakes - no matter how good we are trained/educated.

With current technology there is absolutely no reason that somebody cannot produce great pictures and physical evidence - if BF is really out there. We have so many tools and multiple universities that would love to do the physical scientific testing - if they had solid evidence. Pictures of something black, hiding behind foliage, doesn't make it for me.

Thanks for researching!

Old 12-08-2014, 07:57 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I don't know Matthew Johnson. I am not insinuating that all psychologist are basket cases. What I do know is that, no matter what your credentials, people can fabricate stories or have their own mental interpretations of the events that they witnessed. We are all human and all of us make mistakes - no matter how good we are trained/educated.

With current technology there is absolutely no reason that somebody cannot produce great pictures and physical evidence - if BF is really out there. We have so many tools and multiple universities that would love to do the physical scientific testing - if they had solid evidence. Pictures of something black, hiding behind foliage, doesn't make it for me.

Thanks for researching!

What you say means nothing because you do nothing. Your comments only benefit you in your mind.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:44 AM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,553 times
Just thinking out loud.

Has I said. It's 1 creature with the ability to change forms. Traveling around our planet. It's paths are shaped according to it's desires. It changes according to it's environment of climate. I believe if searched properly you could find concentrated sites where this creature as been seen (regardless its form when seen). The question is what are its intentions at these areas of its interest? I believe also that from continent to continent you could mark out where it comes and goes regardless its form(where it enters the shores of each continent(by its sightings). I believe it also has the ability to make anyone see or believe in aliens.

I believe it's main goal is... to make man think ~ G_d is not real.

You will never kill it or capture it.
If you see it- run.
If you meet it- pray.
If you fear it- then it won.

There is no fear in Love.

~IMO

concentration example- In Ohio, the most sightings are in Portage County. More than any other county in Ohio.
Why? Whats it looking for? What did it find there? Why so many trips to that specific county? ...just thinking out loud.

Last edited by HushWhisper; 12-08-2014 at 10:07 AM..

Old 12-08-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
What you say means nothing because you do nothing. Your comments only benefit you in your mind.
In my mind I have now way to distinguish anything you have stated from just a bad dream. Show all of us good solid evidence!

Old 12-08-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
In my mind I have now way to distinguish anything you have stated from just a bad dream. Show all of us good solid evidence!

You seem to have missed the part as to why would i want to?

Old 12-08-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You seem to have missed the part as to why would i want to?
I did not miss any part - you keep talking about it like you know and nobody else does. Just produce your evidence. Without evidence there is no reason to believe you. Your the one claiming BF - make us believe with facts and not speculation.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I did not miss any part - you keep talking about it like you know and nobody else does. Just produce your evidence. Without evidence there is no reason to believe you. Your the one claiming BF - make us believe with facts and not speculation.
I know less than lot's others. I just posted some of what i know. You cannot post anything except speculation. Taunts me nothing to me. As usual the loser attacks personally in an attempt to save face. YOU LOSE!

I don't care what you believe at all. Like i said before. What does it matter what you say? You don't do anything any way.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:34 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
And because this thread is going nowhere -- I'm closing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal