Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 06:06 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Bear View Post
I do believe in ghosts, also known as earthbound spirits. I have to since I'm a professional medium LOL (Yes, "I see dead people.")

They are spirits who haven't crossed over as of yet. They can use our love and support in getting over to the Other Side (or Heaven or whatever your belief system calls it).

Deceased loved ones (DLO's) are different than ghosts. DLO's have passed on and have crossed over to the Other Side. DLO's although in spirit are still alive and retain many of the personality characteristics they did while living. They try hard at times to get our attention with signs or messages to say 'hello, I'm okay." The biggest thing the DLO's want us to know is that they love us Btw, you can talk to DLO's and they will hear you. They aren't always with us though...they are doing work on the Other Side. Guardian angels and other angels are always present though with us for protection.

There are many excellent books on the subject of ghosts...John Edward is my favorite...He's most loving
i totally agree with miss angel bear here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 07:00 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,765,301 times
Angel Bear, I do love John Edward too!
I do thank everyone for sharing their stories.
I have heard a few more...
I still remember one day at work my fiances (we are now married 25 years!) mother called me at work, she is NOT supersticious in any way but was crying and said she saw her mother standing in the living room (she had passed away a few yrs. earlier), she was in a white robe and bare feet and all she said was "June, Gary" June is my mother-in-law, Gary is my husband. Then she was gone, my mother-in-law was quite shaken by this. That night my husband was in a truck accident, hours after the vision. He was on a lonely country road, one lane in each direction, and a lady with 2 little kids in her car pulled right out in front of him, all he remembers is seeing the kids looking out the back window at him, they were not buckled in, and he made the choice to drive into the woods because he didn't want to hit them. Well, he mowed over some smaller trees with his tractor trailer, and then stood to aply the breaks full force and a large branch went right between his legs and speared the back of his seat. He didn't get a scratch.
We were all stunned when we got the phone call. It happened in a samll town, the people who came to the scene put him up in a hotel overnight and even had a priest come to see him.

more stories!

Yes, children do have more stories than adults. It is quite amazing that they can see.
Angel Bear, my daughter has never lost anyone close, what do you make of the sudden smell of hot chocolate?

Oh, and Yorkie Mom, I just realized you were a moderator, sorry for my nasty post, but I do get sick of some people hanging out here with no social skills, just here to pick a fight.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:50 PM

134 posts, read 438,631 times
My belief got stronger after a friend of my died about this time last year. Sadly he took is own life and everyone close to him was devastated. I went to his house the same day to comfort his mother. I was in his room (he died in his bed) and we witnessed the top of his change box fly off and land across the room. After we left, his mother locked the door to his room. The next day (no one else entered the house) the door to his room was open. Nothing else happened after that, but I do feel his spirit was there.

Last edited by markdalton; 05-02-2007 at 10:03 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 05-03-2007, 12:46 AM

140 posts, read 531,757 times
My grandmother tells me stories about her mother, and how she used to see ghosts. I have seen them a few times, so I do believe in them. I try not to think about it to much, though. my grandmother's stories would make your hair stand on end!

Old 05-03-2007, 01:08 AM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,318 times
[quote=I LOVE PA!;659809]Angel Bear, I do love John Edward too!
I do thank everyone for sharing their stories.
I have heard a few more...
I still remember one day at work my fiances (we are now married 25 years!) mother called me at work, she is NOT supersticious in any way but was crying and said she saw her mother standing in the living room (she had passed away a few yrs. earlier), she was in a white robe and bare feet and all she said was "June, Gary" June is my mother-in-law, Gary is my husband. Then she was gone, my mother-in-law was quite shaken by this. That night my husband was in a truck accident, hours after the vision. He was on a lonely country road, one lane in each direction, and a lady with 2 little kids in her car pulled right out in front of him, all he remembers is seeing the kids looking out the back window at him, they were not buckled in, and he made the choice to drive into the woods because he didn't want to hit them. Well, he mowed over some smaller trees with his tractor trailer, and then stood to aply the breaks full force and a large branch went right between his legs and speared the back of his seat. He didn't get a scratch.
We were all stunned when we got the phone call. It happened in a samll town, the people who came to the scene put him up in a hotel overnight and even had a priest come to see him.

more stories!

Yes, children do have more stories than adults. It is quite amazing that they can see.
Angel Bear, my daughter has never lost anyone close, what do you make of the sudden smell of hot chocolate?

Quote:
Oh, and Yorkie Mom, I just realized you were a moderator, sorry for my nasty post, but I do get sick of some people hanging out here with no social skills, just here to pick a fight.
I did not take offense to your posting, it was orphaned after I got rid of the other post. I also do not like people coming in here and picking a fight, Other Topics is not the place, and I for one didn't like his post. I thought by now everyone knew I was a Mod, I guess I am pretty sneaky, that way I can sneak up to the bad guys and gals,lol.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:12 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,784,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Bear :

I do believe in ghosts, also known as earthbound spirits. I have to since I'm a professional medium LOL (Yes, "I see dead people.")

There are many excellent books on the subject of ghosts...John Edward is my favorite...He's most loving
Ah, another one! I, too, will admit to being "mediumistic." It actually runs in our family. I only give readings occasionally, although I was tested and passed the mediumship test given by the lab that also tested John Edward. I actually work a full-time job and not many people know about me (and here it's anonymous ), so unless you are open, I don't have to say anything identifying!! However, I have had many people give me notarized affidavits of accuracy because I feel it's important to document such experiences. (My analytical side coming out! I am truly an odd mix! )

Just so you don't totally think I'm nuts, here is an example of just one reading that even surprised me (although I have lots of examples). The evidence was even hard for me to ignore. See what you think.

I was reading for a woman I will call "Suzie," a married woman with several grown children.. Suddenly, a man "jumped" in next to me on my right side -- I could even feel the "thump" next to me. He shouted quite exuberantly into my ear: "Tell her this is her ex-husband, and tell her that I love her!" I was so startled and I assumed that Suzie, herself, had seen and heard him, but she hadn't!

I relayed the experience to her, and she stared at me, and asked "Louis?" I said, "Who's Louis?" Suzie responded: "I was married to him 25 years ago." I asked when was the last time she had contact with him, and she said it was over 20 years ago. I asked if she knew if he had died -- she had no idea, although if he were dead, he would have had an untimely, early death and would've been probably in his 50s. I suggested we do an internet search to see if we could find any obituaries about him -- we searched and none were found. At that, we assumed he was still alive and that my information and experience were invalid.

A year later, Suzie called me to tell me she had had some vivid dreams where she was talking to Louis and she was now ready to finally find out if he was indeed alive or dead. At that, she finally remembered his brother's name and the state that he moved to. Another internet search revealed the phone number. As I called the number, Suzie began feeding me various details so that his brother would know quite conclusively about whom I was talking when I mentioned Louis.

His brother came to the phone and I asked him if he knew of a man named Louis who was married to this woman named Suzie, and supplied all the details so that he would know exactly whom I was talking about. He paused, and then said: "I HAD a brother named Louis who was married to her.....but he died five years ago of brain cancer!"

At that, Suzie grabbed the phone from me and began excitedly talking to Louis's brother. To say we were all surprised, is an understatement. Truly, Louis had managed to communicate quite clearly! Thus, although I have had many experiences, this one, in particular, was something which neither I nor the person for whom I was reading knew anything. It had been 20 YEARS since she had had contact with Louis. And, yet, he was able to "find" her, to know when she was using me as a tool, and to clearly communicate who he was, his identity, and what he wanted to tell her.

And, so, nutty Wisteria reveals her true strange nature!! (Hope the religious fanatics don't tar and feather me!)

Old 05-04-2007, 06:14 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
wisteria, thank you for sharing that story!!!
you have a gift,

Old 05-04-2007, 06:27 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,123,516 times
I wouldn't have said so until I worked for an organization in Buffalo that had its headquarters in an old mansion. My dog and my collegeaues' cats HATED the place. I had to drag my dog whining & howling through the front door when I decided to work late one night. She whined and paced the floor the entire time we were there.

At one point, I decided to take a break and went into one of the salons where there was a piano. I was alone in the house except for my dog. All of a sudden, I heard a pounding in rhythm to what I was playing. My dog got frantic. I stopped playing and the pounding stopped. Then I started again & the pounding returned in syncopation! I ran out of there so fast that I didn't even grab my purse - just my keys & the dog.

That was my first week working there. After I told my co-workers they also revealed that the house had been at different times a brothel, a sanitorium for the mentally deranged and part of the underground railroad to Canada.

Before I arrived there, the staff had decided to invite someone from Lily Dale, NY to do a seance (sp). I never did get all the details (I didn't want to know) but I know they were all shaken as was the medium.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:15 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,784,224 times
Quote:
Sampaguita: Before I arrived there, the staff had decided to invite someone from Lily Dale, NY to do a seance (sp). I never did get all the details (I didn't want to know) but I know they were all shaken as was the medium.
Oh, cool! Have you been to Lily Dale?? I love it there -- I've had a few interesting experiences there, too. I used to stay for a weekend at a time. It's such a nice, peaceful, interesting place. I considered buying a house there, but then I'd have to put up with those awful winters, and decided not to.

I was thinking that maybe the spirits were "dancing" along with you!! They probably were having some fun!

Two good things to remember with spirits: 1) they can't really hurt you -- they're in a whole other dimension and their connection is usually short, probably just because it's difficult to bridge the dimensions for a good length of time; 2) Secondly, you can assert yourself and tell them to "leave." If they feel you are scared or vulnerable, then they may take advantage of that. However, if you speak up and let them know you are assertive and won't take any guff, usually they comply.

It's quite fascinating to experience things like this, though. I never tire of it, and I find it so amazing and interesting, and I've never been afraid.

By the way, which mansion in Buffalo?? (Delaware Avenue?)

Old 05-04-2007, 07:17 PM

926 posts, read 1,460,219 times
My son is 22 years old and told me about being at his mom's house one day all alone. He heard a little boys voice in the other room say, "Hey". He thought my grandson, his nephew, had come into the house and was calling him. He went looking for him and no one was in the house. It rattled him to the point that he went out of the house and from the front yard heard noises coming from within. Just the other day, at the same house, my daughters boyfriend was there alone and all of my grandsons toys started up at the same time. Others have heard/felt things in that house.

Question for Angel Bear and Wisteria:

I really enjoy the show, 'Ghost Whisperer', and wondered since you both are mediums, does the show come close to portraying what you experience?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal