Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2015, 09:07 PM

537 posts, read 959,077 times

Advertisements

How about a good BBQ place? That would seem like a natural fit for this area.

Bob Evans and esp. John's Cafe were nothing to shout about, so can't say I'm sad to see them go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 11:22 PM

735 posts, read 1,171,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Referring to my post above about the 2007 article, where was phase III, known as "The Main Street at Potomac Towne Center", going to be? Was it supposed to be west of "The Marketplace" adjacent to the railroad tracks?

Also, I just found this: 33 West Virginia Way, Ranson, WV 25438 - Retail For Sale on Cityfeet.com

It appears that the owner of John's Cafe is trying to sell the business.
I remember when they used to be Quiznos....

Old 05-30-2015, 04:59 AM

2 posts, read 2,294 times
Possibility of a movie theater coming.

Theater set for Charles Town - Journal News | News, sports, jobs, community information for Martinsburg - The Journal

Old 05-30-2015, 09:54 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,607,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genkidetchu View Post
That article is from 2011.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:15 AM

2 posts, read 2,294 times
My apologies. Was told about the possibility a by a co-worker and thought that was a new article. This was also being passed around on social media and after closer inspection all the items appear to be linked to a 2011 report. Bummer!!!

Old 05-31-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genkidetchu View Post
My apologies. Was told about the possibility a by a co-worker and thought that was a new article. This was also being passed around on social media and after closer inspection all the items appear to be linked to a 2011 report. Bummer!!!
Hmm... Have you tried contacting The Journal? Maybe there is something in the works, but there wasn't a new article to support the claim.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:24 AM

862 posts, read 1,197,838 times
Quote:
Hmm... Have you tried contacting The Journal? Maybe there is something in the works, but there wasn't a new article to support the claim.
Actually the better bet may be contacting News Director Albert McGilvray at Martinsburg's WRNR radio. The guy keeps up to date as to what is coming into the area and after reading his postings on Facebook the guy is a movie fan. He may know something.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:41 PM

537 posts, read 959,077 times
Since this thread has sometimes involved discussing Jeff.Co. food/restaurants...
And people -- me especially -- have talked about a lack of BBQ options...

I found a place today off of 340 and (I think it was) Bakerton Rd, had very tasty BBQ -- we had the ribs & pulled pork sandwiches. Guy said he's there Wed through Sun. Just one of those "BBQ smokers out in a parking lot" kinda deals.

I guess he's only there in the summers, but still, that's better than nothing. I didn't see the name of the place, but it was real good and we'll definitely be going back.

There were a couple of other little stands there, so we got some jams & cider too, we'll see if we like those.

Old 07-01-2015, 02:10 PM

Does anyone know what's going in the old Bob Evans? It's been completely redone on the exterior. I barely recognized it.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:33 AM

68 posts, read 116,747 times
Quote:
Does anyone know what's going in the old Bob Evans? It's been completely redone on the exterior. I barely recognized it.
The Bob Evans that opened across from Khol's like five or so years ago? It's closing already? I lived in a townhouse in Briar Run when they had begun that expansion across the street with the new McDonald's and the Rite Aid, but I'd moved before they'd finished construction on Bob Evans and most of the other stuff there. Not like anything they put in was all that special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia