Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2020, 02:02 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,186,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonicSon View Post
Cayenne FG, I don't think I would ever want to live in Africa (with maybe a few exceptions).

Singapore vs. Taipei, Taiwan
LOL this is a real life decision for me and my family in a few years. We've bounced back and forth many many times on this one...I think right now we are leaning towards Taipei so that's what I'll choose but I'm still hoping maybe Singapore will make more sense.

Las Vegas or Macao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2020, 03:23 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,034,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
LOL this is a real life decision for me and my family in a few years. We've bounced back and forth many many times on this one...I think right now we are leaning towards Taipei so that's what I'll choose but I'm still hoping maybe Singapore will make more sense.

Las Vegas or Macao

Macao, hands down. I was going to pick it over any US city even before covid and the current economy...

Dubai vs Tokyo

Old 03-25-2020, 05:01 PM

37,251 posts, read 39,548,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Macao, hands down. I was going to pick it over any US city even before covid and the current economy...

Dubai vs Tokyo
Tokyo. For me, it's closer to family and friends, has a lot better food, is a much better walking city, and there's a lot more to do. This one goes very lopsided for me.

Saguenay, Quebec vs Alta, Norway

Old 03-26-2020, 08:48 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,737,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
[Spratt Bight] Colombia. I would feel much more at home in the Western hemisphere in a Hispanic culture than I would the East.
FYI: Spratt Bight, Colombia is not a hispanic culture, it's an Anglo-Caribbean society with Colombian nuances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Alta, Norway - I love how compact Norway is with great nature everywhere. Also Alta being close to the Sweedish/Finnish tri-border area intrigues me.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:02 PM

37,251 posts, read 39,548,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post

Alta, Norway - I love how compact Norway is with great nature everywhere. Also Alta being close to the Sweedish/Finnish tri-border area intrigues me.
I think the usual Mercator projection of maps might be distorting your conception of distances since places closer to the poles get very heavily distorted in size. Norway isn't all that small and Alta, Norway is very far from Helsinki, Stockholm, or Oslo. The closest of these to Alta is a substantially longer drive than going from Saguenay to New York City, not to mention Toronto, Boston, Montreal, or Quebec City. Anyhow, since you didn't put up a 'vs', I'll reput the same one!

Old 03-26-2020, 09:19 PM

13,685 posts, read 8,001,483 times
Quote:
FYI: Spratt Bight, Colombia is not a hispanic culture, it's an Anglo-Caribbean society with Colombian nuances.
Interesting, thanks for the tidbit. I'd still choose it over Andaman/Nicobar

Old 03-26-2020, 09:43 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,737,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
The closest of these to Alta is a substantially longer drive than going from Saguenay to New York City, not to mention Toronto, Boston, Montreal, or Quebec City. Anyhow, since you didn't put up a 'vs', I'll reput the same one!

Well I knew we were talking about Lapland, I've actually been to Finland and Norway; distance to Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki didn't even enter my mind in my consideration.

But now that I see how small Alta is and that its a 6 hour drive from Tromso, 9 hrs to Oulu in that case I pick Saguenay. I just assumed the you picked two comparatively sized places as most people do but upon research, Saguenay is 8 times the population of Alta! That's too much of a disparity in my opinion especially in relation to towns.

Beirut vs Tunis

Old 03-27-2020, 05:44 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,608,533 times
Quote:

Beirut vs Tunis
Haven't been to either, but have thoroughly enjoyed the times I've spent in both Turkey and Morocco, and a quick google tells me that Tunis has hints of both places, so I'll say Tunis.

Cagliari or Palermo, Italy

Old 03-27-2020, 07:25 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,520,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikirunner View Post
Haven't been to either, but have thoroughly enjoyed the times I've spent in both Turkey and Morocco, and a quick google tells me that Tunis has hints of both places, so I'll say Tunis.

Cagliari or Palermo, Italy

Cagliari for me. Nice smaller vibe.

Bristol or Exeter ?

Old 03-27-2020, 08:00 PM

13,685 posts, read 8,001,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Bristol or Exeter ?
I don't know anything about the particulars of either city, but I'll go with Bristol because it's close to Wales and just more centrally located.

Antananarivo, Madagascar or Colombo, Sri Lanka?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World