Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2020, 08:37 PM

20 posts, read 11,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Phoenix, despite not loving the city, it is relatively closer to great places like Sedona, Grand Canyon, and other cities as well. Perth is just not big enough for me considering how isolate it is.

Seoul SK Vs Hong Kong VS Singapore ?
Singapore - the food is some of the best in the world and Hong Kong and Seoul feel too suffocating for my liking, and Singapore has more green spaces.

Córdoba, Argentina or Valparaíso, Chile?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2020, 08:31 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorasmoothy View Post
Córdoba, Argentina or Valparaíso, Chile?
Definitely Valparaiso due to its coastal location. Although I would worry about earthquakes.

Hobart, Tasmania or Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Old 04-06-2020, 01:46 PM

76 posts, read 38,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Definitely Valparaiso due to its coastal location. Although I would worry about earthquakes.

Hobart, Tasmania or Londonderry, Northern Ireland
Hobart, geographically seems much more interesting and Australia as a whole seems like a funner place to be.

Cape Town, South Africa vs. Goa, India

Old 04-07-2020, 11:12 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonicSon View Post
Cape Town, South Africa vs. Goa, India
Cape Town. I think the culture shock would not be quite as severe. Also, SA is amazingly beautiful.

Tangier, Morocco or Dar es Salaam, Tanzania?

Old 04-07-2020, 02:58 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,388,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Cape Town. I think the culture shock would not be quite as severe. Also, SA is amazingly beautiful.

Tangier, Morocco or Dar es Salaam, Tanzania?
Tangier because it is closer to Europe.

Dhaka, Bangaldesh vs Kolkata, India?

Old 04-07-2020, 03:46 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,731,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
Tangier because it is closer to Europe.

Dhaka, Bangaldesh vs Kolkata, India?
I think I would dislike to live in any but would prefer Kolkata due to its cultural pedigree and being Hindu majority. Also it's third only to Mumbai and Delhi in economic productivity.

Panama city vs Quito

Old 04-08-2020, 06:42 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,388,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
I think I would dislike to live in any but would prefer Kolkata due to its cultural pedigree and being Hindu majority. Also it's third only to Mumbai and Delhi in economic productivity.

Panama city vs Quito
Not the easiest choice but I would probably prefer Panama as it is located by the sea although I have heard that Quito is a beautiful city.

Moroni, Comoros or Banjul, Gambia?

Old 04-08-2020, 08:25 PM

76 posts, read 38,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
Not the easiest choice but I would probably prefer Panama as it is located by the sea although I have heard that Quito is a beautiful city.

Moroni, Comoros or Banjul, Gambia?
Moroni, just because it's probably a little less dangerous with more of a sense of community (being an island nation)

Lhasa, Tibet (China) vs. Muscat, Oman

Old 04-10-2020, 09:49 AM

468 posts, read 616,621 times
Quote:
Hobart, geographically seems much more interesting and Australia as a whole seems like a funner place to be.
Better climate, too. Ireland can be very grey and the rain can seem endless. Hobart has decent rainfall, but it also has enough sunshine.

Old 04-10-2020, 01:18 PM

37,161 posts, read 39,451,107 times
Quote:
Moroni, just because it's probably a little less dangerous with more of a sense of community (being an island nation)

Lhasa, Tibet (China) vs. Muscat, Oman
Woo, that's a tough one and one that contrasts really strongly.

I think Lhasa for me though the city is a bit small, but I think I'd be more amenable to the climate and cuisine.

I'll give a bit of the context for the next one. These are two capital cities of fairly peaceful, democratic countries with metropolitan areas of similar size, but in very different cultural contexts and regions.

Helsinki, Finland or San José, Costa Rica

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 04-10-2020 at 01:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World