|Median resident age:||45.8 years|
|Kentucky median age:||41.0 years|
Burnside city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $78,923 (it was $79,500 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $617.
- White alone - 580 (94.9%)
- Hispanic - 12 (2.0%)
- Two or more races - 9 (1.5%)
- Asian alone - 5 (0.8%)
- American Indian alone - 3 (0.5%)
- Black alone - 2 (0.3%)
|A good rural county (30 replies)|
|Your Thoughts/Opinions - Pro's and Con's of living in Lexington (12 replies)|
|relocating from PA to Somerset,KY (6 replies)|
|Relocating from IL to Somerset KY (15 replies)|
|Somerset/Lake Cumberland area (13 replies)|
|Kentucky State Parks (17 replies)|
Latest news from Burnside, KY collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (42.1%), English (19.4%), Irish (8.5%), Dutch (4.3%), German (3.3%), French (2.6%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 03/06/1890
Land area: 1.68 square miles.
Population density: 492 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Burnside:
- High school or higher: 83.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.1%
- Unemployed: 3.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Burnside city:
- Never married: 13.3%
- Now married: 71.9%
- Separated: 0.3%
- Widowed: 6.1%
- Divorced: 8.3%
3 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Kentucky and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Burnside, Kentucky as of May 30, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Burnside to the number of sex offenders is 826 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $689 (0.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $813 (1.0%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Fayette, KY (72.2 miles , pop. 260,512).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (373.5 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Ferguson, KY (2.3 miles ), Somerset, KY (2.5 miles ), Mount Victory, KY (3.1 miles ), Nancy, KY (3.3 miles ), Gregory, KY (3.4 miles ), Parkers Lake, KY (3.6 miles ), Science Hill, KY (3.6 miles ), Mill Springs, KY (3.6 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1998: 4 buildings, average cost: $84,000
- 1999: 4 buildings, average cost: $84,000
- 2000: 4 buildings, average cost: $84,000
- 2001: 4 buildings, average cost: $84,000
- 2006: 3 buildings, average cost: $113,600
- 2007: 2 buildings, average cost: $113,600
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 36.99 N, Longitude: 84.60 W
Area code: 606
|Crime rates in Burnside by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 292.4)||68.2||119.3||204.5||183.0||164.8||318.6||419.9||731.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Burnside detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||6.45|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (41%)
- Transportation and warehousing (15%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Construction (5%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (3%)
- Educational services (36%)
- Health care and social assistance (34%)
- Manufacturing (18%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Retail trade (4%)
- Transportation and warehousing (3%)
- Accommodation and food services (2%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (13%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Other protective service workers including supervisors (4%)
- Cashiers (14%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (12%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (9%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (9%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (4%)
- Financial managers (3%)
Average climate in Burnside, Kentucky
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Burnside-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Kentucky state average. It is 12% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 10.1 miles away from the Burnside city center killed 10 people and injured 113 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 4/27/1971, a category F4 tornado 13.7 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 72 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Burnside-area historical earthquake activity is near Kentucky state average. It is 77% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 91.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 206.1 miles away from Burnside center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 89.8 miles away from the city center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 89.1 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 187.5 miles away from Burnside center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 219.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Pulaski County (13) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Tornadoes: 7, Storms: 6, Floods: 5, Mudslides: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Freeze: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: David E. Davis - Magazine editor.
Hospitals and medical centers near Burnside:
- OAKWOOD COMMUNITY CENTER (Hospital, about 5 miles away; SOMERSET, KY)
- SOMERSET NURSING AND REHABILITATION FACILITY (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; SOMERSET, KY)
- CUMBERLAND NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; SOMERSET, KY)
- HOSPICE OF LAKE CUMBERLAND (Hospital, about 9 miles away; SOMERSET, KY)
- INTREPID USA HEALTHCARE SERVICES (Home Health Center, about 9 miles away; SOMERSET, KY)
Airports located in Burnside:
- Boss Airport (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 1,100, Local Ops: 400)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Burnside:
- Somerset Community College (about 5 miles; Somerset, KY; Full-time enrollment: 4,698)
- University of the Cumberlands (about 31 miles; Williamsburg, KY; FT enrollment: 3,585)
- Lindsey Wilson College (about 40 miles; Columbia, KY; FT enrollment: 2,552)
- Campbellsville University (about 48 miles; Campbellsville, KY; FT enrollment: 2,948)
- Eastern Kentucky University (about 55 miles; Richmond, KY; FT enrollment: 13,525)
- Lincoln Memorial University (about 60 miles; Harrogate, TN; FT enrollment: 3,706)
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College (about 72 miles; Lexington, KY; FT enrollment: 8,560)
Private high school in Burnside:
Public elementary/middle school in Burnside:
- Burnside Elementary School (Students: 458; Location: 435 East Lake Shore Drive; Grades: K-5)
Notable location: Burnside Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Hayes Branch (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in Burnside: General Burnside Island State Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Waterway Adventures (Water Parks & Slides; 680 West Lakeshore Drive).
Hotels: Southfork Log Cabin Rentals & Boat Storage (56 Narrows Road), Sanders Motel (7892 South Highway 27), Seven Gables Hotel (8064 South Highway 27).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 63.4. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 30.4. This is about average. Closest monitor was 7.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2005 was 19.7. This is about average. Closest monitor was 7.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 9.46. This is about average. Closest monitor was 7.5 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Burnside and their reported violations in the past:BURNSIDE WATER COMPANY (Population served: 2,284, Surface water):
Past monitoring violations:
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In OCT-01-2008, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (FEB-05-2009), St Compliance achieved (APR-09-2010), St Public Notif received (JUN-22-2010)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between APR-2007 and JUN-2007, Contaminant: Total Haloacetic Acids (HAA5). Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUL-26-2007), St Formal NOV issued (JUL-26-2007), St Public Notif received (JUL-26-2007), St Compliance achieved (NOV-13-2008)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between APR-2007 and JUN-2007, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUL-26-2007), St Formal NOV issued (JUL-26-2007), St Public Notif received (JUL-26-2007), St Compliance achieved (NOV-13-2008)
- 2 minor monitoring violations
(25.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
Burnside compared to Kentucky state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
Banks with branches in Burnside (2011 data):
- The Citizens National Bank of Somerset: Burnside Branch at 6000 South U.S. Highway 27, branch established on 1976/10/04. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $329.4 mil, Deposits: $267.4 mil, headquarters in Somerset, KY, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 10 total offices, Holding Company: Citizens Bancshares, Inc.
- First & Farmers National Bank, Inc.: Burnside Branch at 14 French Avenue, branch established on 1955/03/23. Info updated 2010/06/01: Bank assets: $471.0 mil, Deposits: $396.6 mil, headquarters in Somerset, KY, positive income, 12 total offices, Holding Company: Albany Bancorp, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (73%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (10%)
- Wood (8%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (7%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Utility gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Burnside city (based on Pulaski County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 69.38%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||American Baptist Association||United Methodist Church||Non-Charismatic Churches Independent||Catholic Church|
|Name||Churches of Christ||Church of the Nazarene||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Pulaski County:||2.83 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||2.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pulaski County:||0.67 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||0.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pulaski County:||5.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.83 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||15||$36,242||$28,994||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||4||$6,233||$18,699||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||23||$90,272||$47,098||3||$5,611|
Burnside government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Water Utilities: $1,000 ($1.21)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $296,000 ($357.06)
Central Staff Services: $139,000 ($167.67)
Police Protection: $133,000 ($160.43)
Fire Protection: $30,000 ($36.19)
Parks & Recreation: $11,000 ($13.27)
Regular Highways: $11,000 ($13.27)
Financial Administration: $10,000 ($12.06)
General - Other: $4,000 ($4.83)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Other Capital Outlay - Police Protection: $30,000 ($36.19)
Water Utilities: $6,000 ($7.24)
Central Staff: $3,000 ($3.62)
Fire Protection: $1,000 ($1.21)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $191,000 ($230.40)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $38,000 ($45.84)
Burnside government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $7,000 ($8.44)
General Revenue, NEC: $6,000 ($7.24)
Rents: $5,000 ($6.03)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $289,000 ($348.61)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $59,000 ($71.17)
Highways: $9,000 ($10.86)
- Tax - NEC: $229,000 ($276.24)
Property: $85,000 ($102.53)
Public Utilities: $67,000 ($80.82)
Burnside government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $851,000 ($1026.54)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $841,000 ($1014.48)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $10,000 ($12.06)
Burnside government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $302,000 ($364.29)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $5,000 ($6.03)
4.80% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,331 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Wayne County, KY||0.39% ($27,037 average AGI)|
|from Fayette County, KY||0.24% ($37,294)|
|from McCreary County, KY||0.23% ($26,396)|
4.63% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,920 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Burnside:
- WKEQ (910 AM; 0 kW; BURNSIDE, KY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WTLO (1480 AM; 1 kW; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: CUMBERLAND COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WSFC (1240 AM; 1 kW; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WEKC (710 AM; daytime; 4 kW; WILLIAMSBURG, KY; Owner: GERALD PARKS)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WKDP (1330 AM; 5 kW; CORBIN, KY; Owner: EUBANKS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WFLI (1070 AM; 50 kW; LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, TN; Owner: WFLI, INC.)
- WFLW (1360 AM; 1 kW; MONTICELLO, KY; Owner: STEPHEN W. STAPLES, JR.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Burnside:
- WSEK (97.1 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WTHL (90.5 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: SOMERSET EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- WKII-FM (102.3 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W277AA (103.3 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
- WLLK (93.9 FM; BURNSIDE, KY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WMKZ (93.1 FM; MONTICELLO, KY; Owner: MONTICELLO-WAYNE COUNTY MEDIA, INC.)
- WKYM (101.7 FM; MONTICELLO, KY; Owner: STEPHEN W. STAPLES JR.)
- WEKX (102.7 FM; JELLICO, TN; Owner: WHITLEY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WYGE (92.3 FM; LONDON, KY; Owner: ETHEL HUFF BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WDVX (89.9 FM; CLINTON, TN; Owner: CUMBERLAND COMMUNITIES COMMUNI CORP.)
- WEZJ-FM (104.3 FM; WILLIAMSBURG, KY; Owner: WHITLEY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WMIK-FM (92.7 FM; MIDDLESBORO, KY; Owner: GATEWAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHAY (105.9 FM; WHITLEY CITY, KY; Owner: TIM LAVENDER)
- WKDP-FM (99.5 FM; CORBIN, KY; Owner: EUBANKS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCTT-FM (107.3 FM; CORBIN, KY; Owner: ENCORE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WDCL-FM (89.7 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
- WVCT (91.5 FM; KEAVY, KY; Owner: VICTORY TRAINING SCHOOL CORP.)
- WJRS (104.9 FM; JAMESTOWN, KY; Owner: LAKE CUMBERLAND BROADCASTERS)
- W255AO (98.9 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
TV broadcast stations around Burnside:
- WKSO-TV (Channel 29; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
Burnside fatal accident list:
Oct 15, 2006 10:50 AM, Us-27, Lost Ridge Rd, Lat: 36.98988, Lon: -84.60076, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Oct 22, 2004 01:16 PM, Us-27, French Ave, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Pedestrians: 1, Fatalities: 1
Aug 23, 2003 01:26 PM, Us-27, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Sep 24, 1996 10:00 AM, 0027, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Apr 22, 1995 03:15 AM, 27, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
May 12, 1985 03:53 PM, Centralave, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Total length: 85 meters (279ft)
Total costs: $37,011,000
Total average daily traffic: 14,686
Total average daily truck traffic: 2,288
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Burnside)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:52 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Burnside, KY)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Burnside)
FAA Registered Aircraft:4
- Aircraft: CESSNA 150L (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 90 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR 0-200 SERIES (100 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 11525 , Serial Number: 15075487, Year manufactured: 1973, Airworthiness Date: 12/11/1973
Registrant (Individual): Pending Registration, 1010 Coomer Rd, Burnside, KY 42519
- Aircraft: CESSNA 182L (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 119 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR O-470 SERIES (230 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 42698 , Serial Number: 18259145, Year manufactured: 1968, Airworthiness Date: 06/24/1968
Registrant (Corporation): Crawford And Crawford Engineers Inc, Po Box 457, Burnside, KY 42519
- Aircraft: QUICKSILVER ENTERPRISES INC QUICKSILVER MLX II (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: 2 Cycle
N-Number: 4360X , Serial Number: MLX II SPORT 000821
Registrant (Partnership): Rebecca Rich, Po Box 815, Burnside, KY 42519, Other Owners: Leonard Rich
Deregistered: Cancel Date: 02/09/1983, Exported to: Canada
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172K (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 79418 , Serial Number: 17258069, Year manufactured: 1969, Airworthiness Date: 04/25/1969
Registrant (Individual): Robert Douglas Mccoy, Po Box 888, Burnside, KY 42519
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 3
- Good Intent Call: 1
|Most common first names in Burnside, KY among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Burnside, KY among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Businesses in Burnside, KY
- U-Haul: 1
Burnside on our top lists:
- #64 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Social assistance"
- #67 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of police officers in 2006 per 1000 residents"
- #87 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Clothing and clothing accessories, including shoe, stores"
- #94 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Leather and allied products"
- #27 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Bush (Republican) in the 2004 Presidential Election, pop. 50,000+"
- #58 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest increase in the number of births per 1000 residents 1990-1999 to 2000-2003 (pop 50,000+)"
Total of 3 patent applications in 2008-2015.