|Median resident age:||37.5 years|
|Kentucky median age:||35.9 years|
Zip code: 42728
Cane Valley CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $92,287 (it was $65,300 in 2000)
- White alone - 1,448 (96.7%)
- Black alone - 32 (2.1%)
- Hispanic - 14 (0.9%)
- Two or more races - 2 (0.1%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 1 (0.07%)
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 780 feet
Land area: 40.5 square miles.
|Population density: 38 people per square mile||(very low).|
For population 25 years and over in Cane Valley:
- High school or higher: 65.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.8%
- Unemployed: 8.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cane Valley CCD:
- Never married: 15.0%
- Now married: 70.7%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 5.4%
- Divorced: 9.0%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Cane Valley CCD:||0.5% ($337)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Fayette, KY (74.3 miles , pop. 260,512).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (346.0 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Columbia, KY (2.3 miles ), Gresham, KY (2.7 miles ), White Oak, KY (3.2 miles ), Casey Creek, KY (3.2 miles ), Greensburg, KY (3.3 miles ), Gradyville, KY (3.4 miles ), Campbellsville, KY (3.4 miles ), Glens Fork, KY (3.8 miles ).
Latitude: 37.18 N, Longitude: 85.32 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 270
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (21%)
- Construction (15%)
- Transportation equipment (6%)
- Health care (5%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (4%)
- Truck transportation (4%)
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (4%)
- Health care (30%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Social assistance (10%)
- Finance and insurance (9%)
- Private households (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Food and beverage stores (4%)
- Farmers and farm managers (16%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (8%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (7%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (11%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (9%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (8%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (8%)
- Child care workers (7%)
- Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers (5%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (5%)
Average climate in Cane Valley, Kentucky
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Cane Valley-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Kentucky state average. It is 43% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/27/1971, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 7.2 miles away from the Cane Valley place center killed 6 people and injured 58 people.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 tornado 8.6 miles away from the place center injured 56 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Cane Valley-area historical earthquake activity is near Kentucky state average. It is 77% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 103.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 165.4 miles away from Cane Valley center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 145.8 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 180.0 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 121.8 miles away from Cane Valley center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 103.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Adair County (11) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 5, Storms: 5, Tornadoes: 4, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Freeze: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snow: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Cane Valley:
- AMEDISYS HOME HEALTH (Home Health Center, about 5 miles away; COLUMBIA, KY)
- FAMILY HOME HEALTH CARE INC (Hospital, about 6 miles away; COLUMBIA, KY)
- PERSONAL TOUCH HOME CARE OF KY (Home Health Center, about 7 miles away; COLUMBIA, KY)
- GOLDEN LIVINGCENTER-GREEN HILL (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; GREENSBURG, KY)
- GREEN HILL MANOR (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; GREENSBURG, KY)
- CAMPBELLSVILLE NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY)
- METZMEIER NH (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Cane Valley:
- Lindsey Wilson College (about 6 miles; Columbia, KY; Full-time enrollment: 2,552)
- Campbellsville University (about 12 miles; Campbellsville, KY; FT enrollment: 2,948)
- Somerset Community College (about 40 miles; Somerset, KY; FT enrollment: 4,698)
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (about 47 miles; Elizabethtown, KY; FT enrollment: 3,762)
- Western Kentucky University (about 64 miles; Bowling Green, KY; FT enrollment: 16,942)
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (about 66 miles; Bowling Green, KY; FT enrollment: 2,794)
- Eastern Kentucky University (about 69 miles; Richmond, KY; FT enrollment: 13,525)
Churches in Cane Valley include: Hutchison Church (A), Mount Vernon Church (B), Plum Point Church (C), Sulphur Spring Church (D), Cane Valley Church (E), Charity Church (F), Egypt Christian Church (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Bryant Cemetery (1), Cane Valley Cemetery (2), Absher Cemetery (3), Henderson Cemetery (4), Hutchison Cemetery (5). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Sulphur Spring Branch (A), Butler Creek (B), Jones Branch (C), Russell Branch (D), Sandy Creek (E), Mill Creek (F), Pettys Fork (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.6% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
People in group quarters in Cane Valley in 2010:
- 17 people in residential treatment centers for juveniles (non-correctional)
- 11 people in group homes for juveniles (non-correctional)
- 4 people in group homes intended for adults
7 people in mental (psychiatric) hospitals or wards in 2000
Cane Valley compared to Kentucky state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (64%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (12%)
- Wood (11%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (10%)
- Utility gas (3%)
Religion statistics for Cane Valley CCD (based on Adair County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 47.93%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||United Methodist Church||Southern Baptist Convention||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Separate Baptists in Christ||Church of the Nazarene|
|Name||Churches of Christ||Brethren in Christ Church||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)||Old Order Amish||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Adair County:||3.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||2.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|Adair County:||5.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.74 / 10,000 pop.|
5.75% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 200527,307 ($ average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
|from Russell County, KY||0.87% ($20,766 average AGI)|
|from Taylor County, KY||0.61% ($19,636)|
|from Green County, KY||0.32% ($20,824)|
5.00% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 200624,697 ($ average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Cane Valley:
- WAIN (1270 AM; 1 kW; COLUMBIA, KY)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTCO (1450 AM; 1 kW; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY; Owner: CBC OF MARION & TAYLOR COUNTIES INC)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WAKY (1540 AM; 1 kW; GREENSBURG, KY; Owner: GREEN COUNTY CBC, INC.)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WIDS (570 AM; 1 kW; RUSSELL SPRINGS, KY; Owner: HAMMOND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
- WLAC (1510 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
- WJKY (1060 AM; daytime; 1 kW; JAMESTOWN, KY; Owner: LAKE CUMBERLAND BROADCASTERS)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
Strongest FM radio stations in Cane Valley:
- WDCL-FM (89.7 FM; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
- WAIN-FM (93.5 FM; COLUMBIA, KY; Owner: TRI-COUNTY RADIO BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WCKQ (104.1 FM; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY; Owner: CBC OF MARION & TAYLOR COUNTIES INC)
- WGRK-FM (103.1 FM; GREENSBURG, KY; Owner: GREEN COUNTY CBC, INC.)
- WVLC (99.9 FM; MANNSVILLE, KY; Owner: PATRICIA RODGERS)
- WAPD (91.7 FM; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- WHVE (92.7 FM; RUSSELL SPRINGS, KY; Owner: SHORELINE COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WJRS (104.9 FM; JAMESTOWN, KY; Owner: LAKE CUMBERLAND BROADCASTERS)
- WKNK (99.1 FM; EDMONTON, KY; Owner: HART COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WXKY-FM (96.3 FM; STANFORD, KY; Owner: LINCOLN-GARRARD BROADCASTING CO.,INC)
TV broadcast stations around Cane Valley:
- WBKI-TV (Channel 34; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY; Owner: LOUISVILLE COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WKSO-TV (Channel 29; SOMERSET, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
- W04BP (Channel 4; CAMPBELLSVILLE, KY; Owner: CAMPSVILLE UNIVERSITY)
Total length: 0 meters
Total average daily traffic: 78
Total future (year 2031) average daily traffic: 95
Cane Valley on our top lists:
- #45 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in mental (psychiatric) hospitals or wards"
- #55 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Advertising, marketing, promotions, public relations, and sales managers"
- #67 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in homes for the mentally retarded"
- #73 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Primary, secondary, and special education school teachers:"
- #77 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Private households"
- #32 (42728) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of taxpayers using paid preparers for 2004 taxes (pop 5,000+)"
- #52 (42728) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of United States or American first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"