We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||35.9 years|
|Virginia median age:||37.8 years|
Zip codes: 22853.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $19,436 (it was $16,450 in 2000)
Timberville town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $142,919 (it was $83,200 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $236,329; Detached houses: $253,372; Townhouses or other attached units: $197,217; In 2-unit structures: $326,563; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $173,341; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $206,337; Mobile homes: $70,231
Median gross rent in 2015: $742.
Races in Timberville, VA (2010)
- 2,30091.2%White alone
- 371.5%Two or more races
- 261.0%Black alone
- 110.4%American Indian alone
- 10.04%Asian alone
|If you were seeking... (8 replies)|
|Information on Dayton and Timberville (1 reply)|
|Shenandoah Cty /New Market area (4 replies)|
|Diversity and Harrisonburg? Considering move...need input. (9 replies)|
Latest news from Timberville, VA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (42.4%), German (22.5%), English (3.0%), Iraqi (2.5%), Irish (1.7%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1884
Elevation: 1036 feet
Land area: 0.88 square miles.
Population density: 2,927 people per square mile(average).
For population 25 years and over in Timberville:
- High school or higher: 80.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.3%
- Unemployed: 3.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Timberville town:
- Never married: 30.5%
- Now married: 41.1%
- Separated: 3.3%
- Widowed: 9.5%
- Divorced: 15.6%
83 residents are foreign born (1.9% Latin America, 0.5% Asia).
According to our research of Virginia and other state lists there were 12 registered sex offenders living in Timberville, Virginia as of July 27, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Timberville to the number of sex offenders is 213 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $824 (0.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $659 (0.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Dale City, VA (77.5 miles , pop. 55,971).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Washington, DC (97.0 miles , pop. 572,059).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (216.0 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Broadway, VA (1.4 miles ), New Market, VA (2.4 miles ), Mount Jackson, VA (3.3 miles ), Basye, VA (3.5 miles ), Basye-Bryce Mountain, VA (3.6 miles ), Shenandoah, VA (3.6 miles ), Harrisonburg, VA (3.8 miles ), Stanley, VA (3.9 miles ).
Latitude: 38.63 N, Longitude: 78.78 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 540
|Crime rates in Timberville by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 281.5)||46.0||113.3||72.1||66.0||78.0||33.3||180.9||37.6||36.1||13.7||11.7||32.5||68.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Timberville detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.92|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (20%)
- Construction (17%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (25%)
- Retail trade (16%)
- Manufacturing (11%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (7%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (15%)
- Production occupations (13%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (10%)
- Management occupations (9%)
- Transportation occupations (8%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (6%)
- Sales and related occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (21%)
- Sales and related occupations (10%)
- Personal care and service occupations (9%)
- Production occupations (8%)
- Management occupations (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (5%)
Average climate in Timberville, Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Timberville-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Virginia state average. It is 48% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/24/2001, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 43.3 miles away from the Timberville town center injured 2 people and caused $2 million in damages.
On 9/30/1959, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 29.8 miles away from the town center killed one person and injured 9 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Timberville-area historical earthquake activity is near Virginia state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 215.4 miles away from the city center
On 12/9/2003 at 20:59:14, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB, 4.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 86.6 miles away from Timberville center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 240.9 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 281.5 miles away from the city center
On 1/16/1994 at 01:49:16, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 187.5 miles away from Timberville center
On 5/5/2003 at 16:32:32, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 71.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Rockingham County (16) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 4, Hurricanes: 4, Storms: 4, Droughts: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Fire: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Bub Strickler - Stock car racing driver.
Hospitals and medical centers near Timberville:
- LIFE CARE CENTER OF NEW MARKET (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; NEW MARKET, VA)
- HARRISON ICF-MR (Hospital, about 12 miles away; HARRISONBURG, VA)
- OAK LEA NSG HOME (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; HARRISONBURG, VA)
- CONTINUING CARE HH SERVICES (Home Health Center, about 14 miles away; HARRISONBURG, VA)
- DAVITA - HARRISONBURG DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 14 miles away; HARRISONBURG, VA)
- CAMELOT HALL NRS HOME (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; HARRISONBURG, VA)
- HARRISONBURG HLTH AND REHAB CNTR (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; HARRISONBURG, VA)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Timberville:
- James Madison University (about 15 miles; Harrisonburg, VA; Full-time enrollment: 19,727)
- Blue Ridge Community College (about 27 miles; Weyers Cave, VA; FT enrollment: 2,891)
- Lord Fairfax Community College (about 40 miles; Middletown, VA; FT enrollment: 4,144)
- University of Virginia-Main Campus (about 44 miles; Charlottesville, VA; FT enrollment: 22,274)
- Piedmont Virginia Community College (about 47 miles; Charlottesville, VA; FT enrollment: 3,029)
- Shenandoah University (about 50 miles; Winchester, VA; FT enrollment: 3,010)
- Germanna Community College (about 57 miles; Locust Grove, VA; FT enrollment: 4,455)
Public elementary/middle school in Timberville:
- PLAINS ELEM (Students: 548, Location: 225 AMERICAN LEGION DR, Grades: PK-5)
Notable locations in Timberville: Timberville Municipal Building (A), Riverside Gardens (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Main business address in Timberville: F&M BANK CORP (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Timberville Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Honey Run (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 55.5. This is better than average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 8.42. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 11.1 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 0.815. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 11.1 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 33.5. This is about average. Closest monitor was 11.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2006 was 20.5. This is about average. Closest monitor was 11.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 7.96. This is about average. Closest monitor was 11.1 miles away from the city center.
(21.2% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents)
|This town:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
15 people in nursing homes in 2000
Banks with branches in Timberville (2011 data):
- Branch Banking and Trust Company: Timberville Branch at 14104 Timber Way, branch established on 1995/12/11. Info updated 2010/03/29: Bank assets: $168,867.6 mil, Deposits: $127,549.5 mil, headquarters in Winston Salem, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1793 total offices, Holding Company: Bb&T Corporation
- Farmers & Merchants Bank: at 205 S. Main St., branch established on 1908/01/01. Info updated 2010/06/03: Bank assets: $566.0 mil, Deposits: $436.0 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 9 total offices, Holding Company: F & M Bank Corp.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Timberville town (based on Rockingham County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Rockingham County:||2.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|Virginia:||2.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|Rockingham County:||1.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|Virginia:||1.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|Rockingham County:||2.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.65 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Timberville, VA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||1||$4,354||$52,248||12||$2,393|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||2||$289|
|Police Protection - Officers||3||$10,233||$40,932||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||1||$4,213||$50,556||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||10||$34,331||$41,197||16||$3,422|
Timberville government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $164,000 ($63.42)
Sewerage: $155,000 ($59.94)
Water Utilities: $133,000 ($51.43)
General - Other: $116,000 ($44.86)
Financial Administration: $109,000 ($42.15)
Solid Waste Management: $51,000 ($19.72)
Parks & Recreation: $41,000 ($15.85)
- General - Interest on Debt: $15,000 ($5.80)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $14,000 ($5.41)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $326,000 ($126.06)
Timberville government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $136,000 ($52.59)
All Other: $52,000 ($20.11)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $1,000 ($0.39)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $6,000 ($2.32)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $34,000 ($13.15)
Interest Earnings: $18,000 ($6.96)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $133,000 ($51.43)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $51,000 ($19.72)
Water Utilities: $15,000 ($5.80)
- Tax - Property: $242,000 ($93.58)
Total General Sales: $52,000 ($20.11)
NEC: $46,000 ($17.79)
Public Utilities: $37,000 ($14.31)
Motor Vehicle License: $30,000 ($11.60)
Other Selective Sales: $1,000 ($0.39)
Timberville government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $257,000 ($99.38)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $243,000 ($93.97)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $14,000 ($5.41)
Timberville government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $548,000 ($211.91)
4.89% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($40,063 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Harrisonburg city, VA||1.47% ($35,349 average AGI)|
|from Augusta County, VA||0.48% ($35,923)|
|from Shenandoah County, VA||0.31% ($34,648)|
5.11% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,012 average adjusted gross income)
0.03% of residents moved to foreign countries ($96 average AGI)
Rockingham County: 0.03% Virginia average: 0.20%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Timberville:
- WBTX (1470 AM; 5 kW; BROADWAY-TIMBERVILLE, VA; Owner: MASSANUTTEN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WSVA (550 AM; 10 kW; HARRISONBURG, VA; Owner: M. BELMONT VERSTANDIG, INC.)
- WKCY (1300 AM; 5 kW; HARRISONBURG, VA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WHBG (1360 AM; 5 kW; HARRISONBURG, VA; Owner: M. BELMONT VERSTANDIG, INC.)
- WKCW (1420 AM; 50 kW; WARRENTON, VA; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKTR (840 AM; daytime; 8 kW; EARLYSVILLE, VA; Owner: WKTR, INC.)
- WSVG (790 AM; 1 kW; MOUNT JACKSON, VA; Owner: SHENANDOAH VALLEY TELEVISION LLC)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WKCI (970 AM; 5 kW; WAYNESBORO, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Timberville:
- WMXH-FM (105.7 FM; LURAY, VA; Owner: EASY RADIO, INC.)
- WQPO (100.7 FM; HARRISONBURG, VA; Owner: M. BELMONT VERSTANDIG, INC.)
- WMRA (90.7 FM; HARRISONBURG, VA; Owner: JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY BOARD OF VISITORS)
- WBHB-FM (96.1 FM; BROADWAY, VA; Owner: HJV LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLTK (103.3 FM; NEW MARKET, VA; Owner: MASSANUTTEN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WACL (98.5 FM; ELKTON, VA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WTON-FM (94.3 FM; STAUNTON, VA; Owner: HIGH IMPACT COMMUNICATIONS INC)
- WOTC (88.3 FM; EDINBURG, VA; Owner: VALLEY BAPTIST CHURCH - CHRISTIAN SCHOOL)
- WVTU (89.3 FM; CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA; Owner: VIRGINIA TECH FOUNDATION INC)
- WQWV (103.7 FM; FISHER, WV; Owner: MCGUIRE BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- WCYK-FM (99.7 FM; STAUNTON, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTRM (91.3 FM; WINCHESTER, VA; Owner: TIMBER RIDGE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WMRY (103.5 FM; CROZET, VA; Owner: JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY BOARD OF VISITORS)
- WINC-FM (92.5 FM; WINCHESTER, VA; Owner: MID ATLANTIC NETWORK, INC.)
- W243AF (96.5 FM; FLINT HILL, VA; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- WVLS (89.7 FM; MONTEREY, VA; Owner: POCAHONTAS COMMUNICATIONS COOPERATIVE CORP.)
- WJDV (105.1 FM; BRIDGEWATER, VA; Owner: M. BELMONT VERSTANDIG, INC.)
- WAZR (93.7 FM; WOODSTOCK, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPVA (90.1 FM; WAYNESBORO, VA; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- WEMC (91.7 FM; HARRISONBURG, VA; Owner: BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF EASTERN MENNONITE UNIVERSITY)
TV broadcast stations around Timberville:
- WHSV-TV (Channel 3; HARRISONBURG, VA; Owner: GRAY MIDAMERICA TV LICENSEE CORP.)
- W38AV (Channel 38; LURAY, VA; Owner: SHENANDOAH VALLEY EDUCATIONAL TV CORP.)
- W45AW (Channel 45; FULKS RUN, VA; Owner: SHENANDOAH VALLEY EDUCATIONAL TV CORP.)
- WAZT-CA (Channel 10; WOODSTOCK, VA; Owner: RUARCH ASSOCIATES LLC)
- W21AC (Channel 21; CENT.ROCKINGHAM COUN, VA; Owner: COUNTY OF ROCKINGHAM, VIRGINIA)
- WAZM-CA (Channel 25; STAUNTON-WAYNESBORO, VA; Owner: RUARCH ASSOCIATES LLC)
- W33AC (Channel 33; CENT.ROCKINGHAM COUN, VA; Owner: COUNTY OF ROCKINGHAM, VIRGINIA)
- W39AD (Channel 39; CENT.ROCKINGHAM COUN, VA; Owner: COUNTY OF ROCKINGHAM, VIRGINIA)
- W56AE (Channel 56; NEW MARKET, VA; Owner: BOARD OF SUPERVISORS,SHENANDOAH CTY.)
- W59AC (Channel 59; NEW MARKET, VA; Owner: BOARD OF SUPERVISORS,SHENANDOAH CTY.)
- W61AB (Channel 61; NEW MARKET, VA; Owner: BOARD OF SUPERVISORS,SHENANDOAH CTY.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 6Number of bridges
- 28m92ftTotal length
- $4,746,000Total costs
- 29,020Total average daily traffic
- 1,012Total average daily truck traffic
- 32,983Total future (year 2030) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Timberville)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- Lat: 38.616611 Lon: -78.732000, Structure height: 0 m, Call Sign: WPWT893, Licensee ID: L00586020
Assigned Frequencies: 160.155 MHzGrant Date: 03/18/2013, Expiration Date: 01/21/2023, Certifier: Michael L CristRegistrant: Michael L Crist, 13924 Hupp Road, Timberville, VA 22853, Phone: (540) 896-3801, Fax: (540) 896-3801
FCC Registered Paging Towers:1
- Tenth Legion, 2 Miles South Of Rockingham Co. Line, .6 Mile (Lat: 38.617889 Lon: -78.710556), Overall height: 78.6 m, Call Sign: KNKJ606
Assigned Frequencies: 158.100 MHzGrant Date: 05/28/2008, Expiration Date: 07/01/2018, Certifier: Edward W Clark Jr.Registrant: Wilkinson Barker Knauer, LLP, 2300 N Street, Nw, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20037, Phone: (202) 783-4141, Fax: (202) 783-5851, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:26 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Timberville)
FAA Registered Aircraft:4
- Aircraft: BEECH B50 (Category: Land, Engines: 2, Seats: 6, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 167 mph), Engine: LYCOMING GO-435C&D SER (260 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 3597B , Serial Number: CH-93, Year manufactured: 1954, Airworthiness Date: 08/31/1955
Registrant (Individual): Brian Baker, 2682 Ridge Rd, Timberville, VA 22853
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-28-181 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: LYCOMING O&VO-360 SER (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 68DW , Serial Number: 28-7890006, Year manufactured: 1977
Registrant (Corporation): Aero Group I LLC, Po Box 1110, Timberville, VA 22853
- Aircraft: LUSCOMBE 8A (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 86 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR A&C75 SERIES (75 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 71166 , Serial Number: 2593, Year manufactured: 1946, Airworthiness Date: 11/15/2005
Registrant (Individual): Michael C Hatcher, 13134 N Valley Pike, Timberville, VA 22853
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172B (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR 0-300 SER (145 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 8090X , Serial Number: 17248590, Year manufactured: 1961, Airworthiness Date: 06/20/1961
Registrant (Individual): John E Crumpacker, 18058 N Mountain Rd, Timberville, VA 22853
Drinking water stations with addresses in Timberville and their reported violations in the past:MOUNT CLIFTON ORCHARD MIGRANT LABOR CAMP (Population served: 55, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between JUL-2005 and SEP-2005, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (OCT-19-2005), St Public Notif requested (OCT-19-2005), St Public Notif received (OCT-25-2005)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Timberville that have no violations reported:
- FOOD PROCESSORS WATER COOPERATIVE, INC (Population served: 1,430, Primary Water Source Type: Surface water)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 11
- Hazardous Condition: 19
- Good Intent Call: 2
Incident types - Timberville
|Most common first names in Timberville, VA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Timberville, VA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (61%)
- Utility gas (23%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (9%)
- Wood (4%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (3%)
- Other fuel (1%)
|Businesses in Timberville, VA|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||Hardee's||1|
Timberville compared to Virginia state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Timberville on our top lists:
- #68 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Iraq (population 500+)"
- #48 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating to foreign countries in 2011"
- #61 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest Sulfur Oxides Annual air pollution readings in 2012 (µg/m3)"
- #83 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest Nitrogen Dioxide air pollution readings in 2012 (ppm)"