New Market, Virginia
New Market: View from Endless Caverns just outside of New Market
New Market: Panoramic view of New Market with the Massanutten Mountain in the background
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||42.3 years|
|Virginia median age:||37.6 years|
Zip codes: 22844.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $23,702 (it was $20,480 in 2000)
New Market town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $182,068 (it was $118,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $204,847; Detached houses: $217,122; Townhouses or other attached units: $147,500
Median gross rent in 2013: $613.
Races in New Market, VA (2010)
- 1,81684.6%White alone
- 321.5%Black alone
- 291.4%Two or more races
- 80.4%American Indian alone
- 80.4%Asian alone
- 10.05%Other race alone
|Shenandoah Cty /New Market area (4 replies)|
|What are the best local restaurants within 20 minute drive of New Market, Virginia (6 replies)|
|New Market, Virginia, Internet options (0 replies)|
|Shenandoah Valley (16 replies)|
|New Market, VA (3 replies)|
|Is virginia southern? (225 replies)|
Latest news from New Market, VA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (22.8%), German (18.4%), English (9.4%), Irish (6.6%), Scottish (3.8%), Polish (2.0%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1796
Land area: 2.00 square miles.
Population density: 1,093 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in New Market:
- High school or higher: 74.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 22.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.9%
- Unemployed: 2.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in New Market town:
- Never married: 24.3%
- Now married: 42.8%
- Separated: 5.1%
- Widowed: 13.8%
- Divorced: 14.1%
118 residents are foreign born (3.8% Latin America).
According to our research of Virginia and other state lists there were 6 registered sex offenders living in New Market, Virginia as of August 29, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in New Market to the number of sex offenders is 363 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $945 (0.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $1,122 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Dale City, VA (71.9 miles , pop. 55,971).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Washington, DC (91.4 miles , pop. 572,059).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (210.7 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Timberville, VA (2.4 miles ), Broadway, VA (2.7 miles ), Mount Jackson, VA (2.7 miles ), Stanley, VA (3.2 miles ), Shenandoah, VA (3.3 miles ), Luray, VA (3.4 miles ), Basye, VA (3.6 miles ), Basye-Bryce Mountain, VA (3.6 miles ).
Latitude: 38.64 N, Longitude: 78.67 W
Area code: 540
|Crime rates in New Market by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 293.3)||204.8||166.1||70.6||49.2||46.2||53.1||58.2||54.7||79.8||95.8||62.4||46.2|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in New Market detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.29|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (17%)
- Manufacturing (15%)
- Accommodation and food services (14%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Health care and social assistance (8%)
- Retail trade (7%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (33%)
- Accommodation and food services (17%)
- Manufacturing (13%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Retail trade (5%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (14%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (12%)
- Sales and related occupations (12%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (11%)
- Production occupations (11%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Management occupations (6%)
- Healthcare support occupations (20%)
- Sales and related occupations (15%)
- Production occupations (12%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (10%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (10%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (7%)
- Management occupations (6%)
Average climate in New Market, Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
New Market-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Virginia state average. It is 44% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/24/2001, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 37.8 miles away from the New Market town center injured 2 people and caused $2 million in damages.
On 9/30/1959, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 27.2 miles away from the town center killed one person and injured 9 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:New Market-area historical earthquake activity is near Virginia state average. It is 84% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 217.0 miles away from the city center
On 12/9/2003 at 20:59:14, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB, 4.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 84.3 miles away from New Market center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 243.2 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 287.1 miles away from the city center
On 1/16/1994 at 01:49:16, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 182.7 miles away from New Market center
On 5/5/2003 at 16:32:32, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 69.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Shenandoah County (15) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Hurricanes: 3, Storms: 3, Winter Storms: 3, Droughts: 2, Blizzard: 1, Fire: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Tornado: 1, Tropical Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Isaac S. Pennybacker - Federal judge, Buddy Charleton - Musician.
Hospitals and medical centers in New Market:
Other hospitals and medical centers near New Market:
Airports located in New Market:
- New Market Airport (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 3,894, Local Ops: 11,411, Military Ops: 108)
- Franwood Farms Inc. Airport (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to New Market:
- James Madison University (about 19 miles; Harrisonburg, VA; Full-time enrollment: 19,727)
- Blue Ridge Community College (about 30 miles; Weyers Cave, VA; FT enrollment: 2,891)
- Lord Fairfax Community College (about 35 miles; Middletown, VA; FT enrollment: 4,144)
- University of Virginia-Main Campus (about 44 miles; Charlottesville, VA; FT enrollment: 22,274)
- Piedmont Virginia Community College (about 46 miles; Charlottesville, VA; FT enrollment: 3,029)
- Shenandoah University (about 46 miles; Winchester, VA; FT enrollment: 3,010)
- Germanna Community College (about 52 miles; Locust Grove, VA; FT enrollment: 4,455)
Private high school in New Market:
Notable locations in New Market: New Market Battlefield (A), Bushong Farm (B), Shenvalee Golf Resort (C), New Market Battlefield Military Museum (D), New Market Area Public Library (E), Museum of American Calvary (F), Hall of Valor Civil War Museum (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in New Market include: Apostolic Lighthouse Tabernacle (A), New Market United Methodist Church (B), Reformation Lutheran Church (C), Smiths Creek Baptist Church (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Reformation Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in New Market: New Market Historic District (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attractions: Hall of Valor (Museums; 8895 George R Collins Drive), Endless Caverns (Caverns; USHighway 11), Apple Blosssom Inn (9317 N Congress St.).
Hotels: Blue Ridge Inn (2251 Old Valley Pike), Days Inn (9360 George Collin Parkway), Budget Inn (2192 Old Valley Pike), Apple Blosssom Inn (9317 N Congress St.).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 73.5. This is about average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 9.17. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 14.0 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 0.549. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 14.0 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 32.1. This is about average. Closest monitor was 9.2 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2006 was 20.5. This is about average. Closest monitor was 14.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 8.83. This is about average. Closest monitor was 9.2 miles away from the city center.
(22.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 26.1% for Black residents, 10.6% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 14.3% for two or more races residents)
|This town:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
15 people in group homes intended for adults in 2010
People in group quarters in New Market in 2000:
- 30 people in nursing homes
- 19 people in other nonhousehold living situations
- 18 people in homes for the mentally retarded
New Market compared to Virginia state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
Banks with branches in New Market (2011 data):
- Branch Banking and Trust Company: New Market Branch at 9383 North Congress Street, branch established on 1983/06/02. Info updated 2010/03/29: Bank assets: $168,867.6 mil, Deposits: $127,549.5 mil, headquarters in Winston Salem, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1793 total offices, Holding Company: Bb&T Corporation
- SONABANK: New Market Branch at 9484 Congress St, branch established on 1989/06/30. Info updated 2009/12/07: Bank assets: $611.5 mil, Deposits: $464.7 mil, headquarters in Mclean, VA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 13 total offices, Holding Company: Southern National Bancorp Of Virginia, Inc.
- SunTrust Bank: New Market Branch at 9397 Congress Street, branch established on 1922/09/29. Info updated 2010/05/27: Bank assets: $171,291.7 mil, Deposits: $129,833.2 mil, headquarters in Atlanta, GA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1716 total offices, Holding Company: Suntrust Banks, Inc.
Fire-safe hotels and motels in New Market, Virginia:
- Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley, 162 W Old Cross Rd, New Market, VA 22844 , Phone: (540) 740-3141, Fax: (540) 740-3250
- Days Inn - Battlefield, 9360 George Collins Pkwy, New Market, VA 22844 , Phone: (540) 740-4100, Fax: (540) 740-8478
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (55%)
- Utility gas (26%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (8%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (6%)
- Wood (3%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for New Market town (based on Shenandoah County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Shenandoah County:||2.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|Virginia:||2.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|Shenandoah County:||1.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Virginia:||1.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|Shenandoah County:||6.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.70 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||3||$9,279||$37,116||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||5||$16,627||$39,905||1||$1,069|
|Police - Other||0||$0||1||$102|
|Streets and Highways||2||$4,200||$25,200||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||2||$4,056||$24,336||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||2||$5,318||$31,908||1||$965|
|Totals for Government||19||$51,912||$32,787||3||$2,136|
New Market government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $331,000 ($151.63)
Police Protection: $145,000 ($66.42)
Sewerage: $124,000 ($56.80)
Financial Administration: $123,000 ($56.34)
Electric Utilities: $77,000 ($35.27)
Fire Protection: $36,000 ($16.49)
Parks & Recreation: $36,000 ($16.49)
Solid Waste Management: $34,000 ($15.57)
Regular Highways: $13,000 ($5.96)
Libraries: $4,000 ($1.83)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - General: $24,000 ($10.99)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $204,000 ($93.45)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $28,000 ($12.83)
New Market government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $395,000 ($180.94)
All Other: $25,000 ($11.45)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $103,000 ($47.18)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $461,000 ($211.18)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $32,000 ($14.66)
Water Utilities: $25,000 ($11.45)
All Other: $3,000 ($1.37)
- Tax - Property: $225,000 ($103.07)
Other Selective Sales: $89,000 ($40.77)
Public Utilities: $87,000 ($39.85)
NEC: $38,000 ($17.41)
Motor Vehicle License: $35,000 ($16.03)
New Market government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $473,000 ($216.67)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $398,000 ($182.32)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $75,000 ($34.36)
New Market government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,294,000 ($592.76)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $30,000 ($13.74)
5.79% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($45,409 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Frederick County, VA||0.84% ($37,580 average AGI)|
|from Warren County, VA||0.67% ($33,936)|
|from Rockingham County, VA||0.42% ($35,686)|
5.64% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,380 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in New Market:
- WBTX (1470 AM; 5 kW; BROADWAY-TIMBERVILLE, VA; Owner: MASSANUTTEN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WSVA (550 AM; 10 kW; HARRISONBURG, VA; Owner: M. BELMONT VERSTANDIG, INC.)
- WKCY (1300 AM; 5 kW; HARRISONBURG, VA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSVG (790 AM; 1 kW; MOUNT JACKSON, VA; Owner: SHENANDOAH VALLEY TELEVISION LLC)
- WKCW (1420 AM; 50 kW; WARRENTON, VA; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKTR (840 AM; daytime; 8 kW; EARLYSVILLE, VA; Owner: WKTR, INC.)
- WHBG (1360 AM; 5 kW; HARRISONBURG, VA; Owner: M. BELMONT VERSTANDIG, INC.)
- WRAA (1330 AM; 1 kW; LURAY, VA; Owner: EASY RADIO, INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in New Market:
- WMXH-FM (105.7 FM; LURAY, VA; Owner: EASY RADIO, INC.)
- WACL (98.5 FM; ELKTON, VA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WQPO (100.7 FM; HARRISONBURG, VA; Owner: M. BELMONT VERSTANDIG, INC.)
- WMRA (90.7 FM; HARRISONBURG, VA; Owner: JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY BOARD OF VISITORS)
- WBHB-FM (96.1 FM; BROADWAY, VA; Owner: HJV LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLTK (103.3 FM; NEW MARKET, VA; Owner: MASSANUTTEN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WOTC (88.3 FM; EDINBURG, VA; Owner: VALLEY BAPTIST CHURCH - CHRISTIAN SCHOOL)
- WTON-FM (94.3 FM; STAUNTON, VA; Owner: HIGH IMPACT COMMUNICATIONS INC)
- WVTU (89.3 FM; CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA; Owner: VIRGINIA TECH FOUNDATION INC)
- WCYK-FM (99.7 FM; STAUNTON, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WQWV (103.7 FM; FISHER, WV; Owner: MCGUIRE BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- W243AF (96.5 FM; FLINT HILL, VA; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- WINC-FM (92.5 FM; WINCHESTER, VA; Owner: MID ATLANTIC NETWORK, INC.)
- WTRM (91.3 FM; WINCHESTER, VA; Owner: TIMBER RIDGE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WAZR (93.7 FM; WOODSTOCK, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WMRY (103.5 FM; CROZET, VA; Owner: JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY BOARD OF VISITORS)
- WYFT (103.9 FM; LURAY, VA; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WCUL (103.1 FM; CULPEPER, VA; Owner: JOYNER LICENSE, INC.)
- WWWV (97.5 FM; CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA; Owner: EURE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WPVA (90.1 FM; WAYNESBORO, VA; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
TV broadcast stations around New Market:
- WHSV-TV (Channel 3; HARRISONBURG, VA; Owner: GRAY MIDAMERICA TV LICENSEE CORP.)
- W38AV (Channel 38; LURAY, VA; Owner: SHENANDOAH VALLEY EDUCATIONAL TV CORP.)
- WAZT-CA (Channel 10; WOODSTOCK, VA; Owner: RUARCH ASSOCIATES LLC)
- W56AE (Channel 56; NEW MARKET, VA; Owner: BOARD OF SUPERVISORS,SHENANDOAH CTY.)
- W59AC (Channel 59; NEW MARKET, VA; Owner: BOARD OF SUPERVISORS,SHENANDOAH CTY.)
- W61AB (Channel 61; NEW MARKET, VA; Owner: BOARD OF SUPERVISORS,SHENANDOAH CTY.)
- W45AW (Channel 45; FULKS RUN, VA; Owner: SHENANDOAH VALLEY EDUCATIONAL TV CORP.)
- W21AC (Channel 21; CENT.ROCKINGHAM COUN, VA; Owner: COUNTY OF ROCKINGHAM, VIRGINIA)
New Market fatal accident list:
Aug 12, 1977 06:30 PM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 4Number of bridges
- 24m79ftTotal length
- $115,000Total costs
- 50,526Total average daily traffic
- 7,229Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in New Market)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:16 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in New Market, VA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:4
- DUNCAN KNOB, Duncan Knob, George Washington National Forest, Virginia (Lat: 38.164389 Lon: -79.705444), Type: Tower, Structure height: 48.7 m, Overall height: 49.3 m, Call Sign: WQKA838
Assigned Frequencies: 5945.20 MHz, 6635.00 MHz, 5945.20 MHz, 6845.00 MHz
Grant Date: 03/11/2009, Expiration Date: 03/11/2019, Certifier: Captain John E Furlough
Registrant: Virginia Department Of State Police, Richmond, VA 23261-7472, Phone: (804) 674-4644, Fax: (804) 674-2602, Email:
- BIG MOUNTAIN, Big Mountain Electronic Site (Lat: 38.599944 Lon: -78.633056), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 57.9 m, Call Sign: WQMA418
Assigned Frequencies: 11265.0 MHz, 11265.0 MHz, 11265.0 MHz
Grant Date: 06/10/2010, Expiration Date: 06/10/2020, Certifier: Alex Phillips
Registrant: Intelpath, 50 E 26th St., #404, Chicago, IL 60616, Phone: (312) 841-9188, Email:
- New Market, 2 Mi East Endless Caverns (Lat: 38.601500 Lon: -78.632222), Type: Tower, Structure height: 15.2 m, Call Sign: WAY659
Assigned Frequencies: 7025.00 MHz
Grant Date: 03/25/1975, Expiration Date: 10/01/2012
Registrant: Covington & Burling, 1201 Pennsylvania Avenue, Nw, Washington, DC 20004-2401, Phone: (202) 662-5120, Fax: (202) 778-5120, Email:
- New Market, Big Mtn, 2 Mi E Of Endless Caverns (Lat: 38.601500 Lon: -78.632222), Type: Tower, Structure height: 15.2 m, Call Sign: WLD69
Assigned Frequencies: 6875.00 MHz
Grant Date: 05/11/1973, Expiration Date: 10/01/2012
Registrant: Covington & Burling, 1201 Pennsylvania Avenue, Nw, Washington, DC 20004-2401, Phone: (202) 662-5120, Fax: (202) 778-5120, Email:
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:2
- New Market Airport (Lat: 38.655667 Lon: -78.708083), Type: Building, Overall height: 6 m, Call Sign: WRS7, Licensee ID: L00001759
Assigned Frequencies: 122.800 MHz
Grant Date: 12/18/2000, Expiration Date: 12/18/2005, Cancellation Date: 02/18/2006
Registrant: New Market Airport Inc, 59 River Rd, New Market, VA 22844-1037
- New Market Airport (Lat: 38.655000 Lon: -78.708611), Type: Building, Structure height: 7.3 m, Overall height: 9.1 m, Call Sign: WQOT993
Assigned Frequencies: 122.800 MHz
Grant Date: 01/31/2012, Expiration Date: 01/31/2022, Certifier: Vernon W Carter Jr
Registrant: 5702 Gulfstream Road, Richmond, VA 23250-2422, Phone: (804) 236-3632, Fax: (804) 236-3634, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:26 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in New Market)
FAA Registered Aircraft:14 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in New Market)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 56
- Hazardous Condition: 83
- Service Call: 2
- Good Intent Call: 7
Incident types - New Market
|Most common first names in New Market, VA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in New Market, VA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in New Market, VA|