Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 08:04 PM

854 posts, read 1,977,843 times

Advertisements

i would consider metlakatla to be quite liberal (especially by alaska standards).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 08:08 PM

442 posts, read 552,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
well lets see...iceburg lettuce does not grow in ice or perma frost...nor do vegetables...high altitude Tibetans eat meat as vegetables do not grow in their climate...healthy has nothing to do with where you live an what is available. The town we are in right now is full of "green" people...yuppies who want to "buy" organic veggies, have their cappuccino coffee's and socialize at the local yuppy store slash breakfast eatery...drive their prius's but complain they live next to a "stinky" farm because the farmer raises cows and pigs!... haven't a clue....got a great house for sale for you green urban people with a great mix of your city type greeners~!
Well, everyone is different. You can't blame people for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
I was an lacto-vegetarian prior to moving up here from the lower 48. It's not a reasonable lifestyle where I currently live due to the cost (both financial and environmental) of shipping in the variety of foods I'd need to get a balanced, varied lacto-veggie diet. I'm not bothered by that, since it's factory farming I primarily object to, and here for meat I can mostly get wild game and fish, plus chickens and eggs off the people around here who keep them.

Being a vegan or a vegetarian can be a responsible, healthful thing, but it just doesn't make sense up here, so I can't see being dogmatic about it. I figure having less choice about diet is just part of the cost of living in a beautiful, relatively wild place.
I can understand your point, and it is something I will take into consideration. I am still not eating meat tho!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
I didn't read through the whole thread...Annie Metal was gone for a long time, coming here with the crap...go check out previous posts...she is an oldie! I see her in AZ too......
I used to live in Arizona, and there are things I miss about it. If you look at my posts, which I know your friend has, I post in MANY places in this forum. Since when is that a crime? Are you two the internet detectives?
Coming here with my crap, is pretty much, you guessed it, a personal attack. Thanks.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Really, now? Then you remember that my "attitude" towards you was actually very nice and that I did a fair amount of defending you until you went too far. You became extremely nasty and were even banned for a time because of it.

Sorry, but if you remembered me at all, you wouldn't have made the silly tea party statement.

And stop using your political leanings as a crutch.
Thanks for the personal attacks again! Oh and thanks for "defending me?" Am I supposed to be thanking you for your gracious attitude?

I was NEVER banned, sister. I just stopped posting. I never called you a Tea Partier, please go back and read my post. Is your crutch/leaning statement supposed to be insulting or funny?

Old 04-12-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Funny how you joined now to defend her....just sayin" Annie....

Trolling much?
Quote:
Yes, and not only in this thread...lol.
Wow, someone reads my threads and posts. CALL THE FEDS!

Quote:
Yup exactly...she must have moved so IP not picking up...won't be long...You either Annie supporter
You see the trolling here? This kinda sounds like a bunch of old hens gossiping. Annie supporter. HA! Get a life, ladies!

Old 04-12-2011, 08:18 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Metal View Post
Played? Wow. You sure assume the worst in people!

Not at all. I just know what I saw the last time you were here. You were spitting venom everywhere and at everyone and screaming that everyone who tried to tell you anything was a neo con etc. Rance did you a favor by deleting your posts because they portrayed you in a very bad light.

No one cares if you eat meat or not. I don't eat red meat. But I don't shake my finger at those who do.

I'm sure you'll be hitting the report button right and left....I'm also sure that Rance can see your previously deleted posts because of his moderator status, and most likely remembers you as well.

What people are trying to tell you is that in the rural areas of Alaska especially, you're going to have a tough time trying to adhere to a vegan/vegetarian diet. You obviously don't want to hear that but we aren't known for sugar coating and outright lying to those who come here for advice.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Not at all the truth. I was actually appalled at the treatment you received here at the hands of a former poster in particular High(and mighty) LandsLady or whatever she called herself. But you kept spitting at everyone else until even I couldn't defend you anymore.
Thanks. But I think we are past that point now. If you want to come off as helpful, making assumptions, and name calling isn't the best way.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Not at all. I just know what I saw the last time you were here. You were spitting venom everywhere and at everyone and screaming that everyone who tried to tell you anything was a neo con etc. Rance did you a favor by deleting your posts because they portrayed you in a very bad light.

No one cares if you eat meat or not. I don't eat red meat. But I don't shake my finger at those who do.

I'm sure you'll be hitting the report button right and left....I'm also sure that Rance can see your previously deleted posts because of his moderator status, and most likely remembers you as well.

What people are trying to tell you is that in the rural areas of Alaska especially, you're going to have a tough time trying to adhere to a vegan/vegetarian diet. You obviously don't want to hear that but we aren't known for sugar coating and outright lying to those who come here for advice.
So you continue to insult me, and say how horrible and venomous I am, and I screamed at everyone. I think a mod would look at this thread, and see that I am simply defending myself, and I have been treated pretty much less than welcome, by you.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:21 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,848,232 times
Ok Annie, giving you the benefit of the doubt, do you at least eat fish...you would definitely have a problem in AK if you don't as very spendy to be vegan, considering all supplies are shipped in and always optimal as far as produce, depending where you are located...are you comtemplating moving to AK for real? I agree a vegan diet can be healthy, but you cannot put down the views and beliefs of those who live there if you want to be welcomed...just sayin...you got a rise again with the same attitude...this is by no means personal, just pointing out....

Old 04-12-2011, 08:22 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,287,317 times
Around here it's pretty conservative, and you'd probably get some wisecracks and eye-rolls (especially over the PETA stuff), but a friendly, laid-back liberal who could take a joke would be fine here. Most people don't really care enough to make a big deal about someone's political ideas. But someone who's self-righteous, arrogant, or has a victim mentality won't make friends no matter what their political leanings are.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:26 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,848,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Metal View Post
Well, everyone is different. You can't blame people for that.

I can understand your point, and it is something I will take into consideration. I am still not eating meat tho!

I used to live in Arizona, and there are things I miss about it. If you look at my posts, which I know your friend has, I post in MANY places in this forum. Since when is that a crime? Are you two the internet detectives?
Coming here with my crap, is pretty much, you guessed it, a personal attack. Thanks.
No that is my personal opinion...as you have shown going after everyone here that you disagree with....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska