Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 12:06 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,179,576 times

Advertisements

But cruises are fun! Really! And don't forget the income. Come on be a sport.
They must have some redeeming factors.

Ummm.. I would make an on topic comment at this point but I have forgotten the topic.?????
Wait looked up....umm...Politics...eewwww!
Gotta stay on topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 12:08 AM

1,677 posts, read 6,443,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yes Goddess.

I must.

The father of the Prince of Wales has what is probably a collector's item by now, an old 70's board game created by the Alaska oil industry--something about racing around the pipeline I think. I am going to create a board game in which the player who sinks the most cruise ships wins.
That sounds almost as fun at an old board game we still play on occasion. Called Survive, the premise is your abandoning an island that is about to explode due to a volcano. The problems is there are only so many boats and so many people can fit in a boat, the as each player takes their turn a piece of land is removed and if your on the land things can happen to your man. In the water are Sharks that eat swimmers, Whales that sink boats and make swimmers, and Sea Serpants that eat everything. The game sound silly and is not made anymore but is a blast with people of all ages.

Maybe if we just mine the harbors with cruiseship mines, you ladies can have the best of both worlds.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:11 AM

2,628 posts, read 6,889,436 times
I say we invent hologram technology that we then implement on the cruise ships. Whenever a captain orders a waste dumping in Gastineau channel or whatever, a hologram of Metlakatla pops up and slaps him across the face.
Better yet, let's just beam the real thing in and let her have at.

Also, that game would be awesome.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:12 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Quote:
What the cities in the south east should do is during the summer time, raise the sales tax up to around 10% and bring it back down to zero or wherever you have it. If Anchorage can do this to build new convention centers and have every Alaskan pay for a bed tax, should have a cruise ship sales tax.
They already have the head tax. And increasing the sales tax would penalize the residents and the summer help.

Quote:
PS Metla, have missed you and your sweet nature and calming effect on others :P
rep points for that..positive ones too

Quote:
But cruises are fun! Really! And don't forget the income. Come on be a sport.
Yeah, can't forget that income for all the lower 48 carpetbaggers....

Economically that kind of tourism in death to most communities.

Take a look at Petersburg. Then look at Skagway.

Yeah I can be a sport all right and it sounds like great sporting fun to me to sink all the cruise ships I can next season.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticthaw View Post
That sounds almost as fun at an old board game we still play on occasion. Called Survive, the premise is your abandoning an island that is about to explode due to a volcano. The problems is there are only so many boats and so many people can fit in a boat, the as each player takes their turn a piece of land is removed and if your on the land things can happen to your man. In the water are Sharks that eat swimmers, Whales that sink boats and make swimmers, and Sea Serpants that eat everything. The game sound silly and is not made anymore but is a blast with people of all ages.

Maybe if we just mine the harbors with cruiseship mines, you ladies can have the best of both worlds.
Boy, you guys are mean! *pouting* Dang it!!! I like cruises!! Start your own.

Hey that sounds like a fun game.

Night, Metla! (I love this,one long post)

Old 10-29-2007, 12:13 AM

Quote:
I say we invent hologram technology that we then implement on the cruise ships. Whenever a captain orders a waste dumping in Gastineau channel or whatever, a hologram of Metlakatla pops up and slaps him across the face.
Better yet, let's just beam the real thing in and let her have at.
LOL, I am laughing so hard but damn I have to get some sleep so I can wake up looking all sweet and so on in the morning....

Old 10-29-2007, 12:15 AM

Uh...are we in the politics thread? LOL, we are messing it up with our bs.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Uh...are we in the politics thread? LOL, we are messing it up with our bs.
You are such a good influence!!*wiping a tear away*
This is part of a Metla plot to ignore the chat thread, you will not win Metla!!
We will not come to the Metla side!!*resisting the pull of the dark forces*

Old 10-29-2007, 12:17 AM

Always glad to help out, Goddess...

Old 10-29-2007, 12:21 AM

3,774 posts, read 11,230,431 times
If you ladies don't start misbehaving, Santa will not deliver the goods this Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska