Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 04:50 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,886,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
You have proven yourself to be so willfully delusional that I find it mind-boggling. It is precisely because of naive people like you that prompts me to make sure I'm at the polls in November to cast my vote for the most conservative candidates available. Contemporary liberalism, as you have espoused repeatedly, is more of a mass psychosis than a legitimate ideology.
Ahem...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/alask...d-if-only.html

This is getting real old, folks. Can both of you start acting like the adults you say you are, please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 04:55 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,999,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xa'at View Post
Ahem...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/alask...d-if-only.html

This is getting real old, folks. Can both of you start acting like the adults you say you are, please?
I agree. That guy's condescending attitude, not to mention the fact that he's dead wrong, keeps me responding. No more. I'm through arguing with him.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I agree. That guy's condescending attitude, not to mention the fact that he's dead wrong, keeps me responding. No more. I'm through arguing with him.
I'm talking to you too, Satch. Both of you have this cavalier, unyeilding, and downright disrespectful attitude that is making this place more of a stresser that what it used to be- fun.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:04 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,999,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xa'at View Post
I'm talking to you too, Satch. Both of you have this cavalier, unyeilding, and downright disrespectful attitude that is making this place more of a stresser that what it used to be- fun.
I realized that. I am hereby removing my subscription to this thread.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:07 PM

Thank you. May this be the last post of this blasted thread. (no offense, Marty, it was a good premise that went down the toilet )

Old 02-11-2008, 05:20 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times
Bye for awhile, everyone. I'm taking a break from this mess. I don't mind the heated discussions so much so please don't think I'm leaving because of that; but I'm not going to bother explaining why. See ya around.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:40 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,031,067 times
So much for the thread. I kinda stayed out of the messy stuff.

BTW Xaat...for a marine biology major there is a great job for the summer. Studying sea otters in PWS. Can't beat it as far as I'm concerned. I'm thinking about taking the summer off to spend it on a floating cabin off of Knight Island.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:37 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,047,272 times
Quote:
Anthropogenic global warming is a fraud of epic proportions.
Lindzen says just the opposite, ...and you brought him up as the expert.

Must suck when your own so-called expert, and your beloved preznit, (that you voted for), don't buy into your denialist line.

The United States National Academy of Sciences was commissioned by the Bush administration to assess the current understanding of global climate change.

The Bush administration report conclusion:

[quote]“The IPCC’s conclusion that most of the observed warming of the last 50 years is likely to have been due to the increase in greenhouse gas concentrations accurately reflects the current thinking of the scientific community on this issue.”

Debunking the denialists:

http://royalsociety.org/downloaddoc.asp?id=1630 (broken link)

Debunks each denialist argument in turn....

. In recent years, all major scientific bodies in the United States whose members' expertise bears directly on the matter have issued similar statements.

For example, the National Academy of Sciences report, Climate Change Science: An Analysis of Some Key Questions, begins:

[quote][b]"Greenhouse gases are accumulating in Earth's atmosphere as a result of human activities, causing surface air temperatures and subsurface ocean temperatures to rise"[b]

The report explicitly asks whether the IPCC assessment is a fair summary of professional scientific thinking, and answers yes: "The IPCC's conclusion that most of the observed warming of the last 50 years is likely to have been due to the increase in greenhouse gas concentrations accurately reflects the current thinking of the scientific community on this issue."

Others agree. The American Meteorological Society, the American Geophysical Union, and the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) all have issued statements in recent years concluding that the evidence for human modification of climate is compelling.

BEYOND THE IVORY TOWER: The Scientific Consensus on Climate Change -- Oreskes 306 (5702): 1686 -- Science
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska