Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Palin will excel now that she has no restraints on her
Yes 51 32.69%
No 94 60.26%
Unsure 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:55 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Woohoo, I'm not on Moose's list!
Oh but you will be...youuuuuu will be!

Old 07-09-2009, 11:14 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I don't know where you get your information. Your post is a bunch of crap.

Do you understand at all that the issue Rance was talking about is NOT drilling for oil??? Are you aware that he was talking about a natural gas pipeline? What do you know about the bridge? Nothing, that's what, or you wouldn't squawk about it like ignorant freak that you are.

You saw something on television that looked and sounded good to you, and as a result you're blaring about things you know less than nothing about. You're as dumb as a box of rocks and people with your mentality are the reason why some of us (and it isn't just liberals) are concerned that you'll put this uneducated hysterical lying hot mess in some sort of position of power in the future.

I really need to stop looking at this board before I've had my first cup of coffee in the morning because some of you idjits are so damned dumb that you give me a headache. This janelle idjit's posts are so stupid they could have been written by the soon to be thank f-ing GOD governor herself.
YEP, Palin derangement syndrome for sure. I see the side effects is the person who has it is the danger of their paranoia spreading to others who say anything in Palin's favor. Don't let the hate eat you up.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
See, here we go again. This is why I keep warning you people from down south to be careful about your support for Palin based on what you here in the press, when you don’t really understand how she’s f’d up local Alaska politics.

The bridge mentioned here is not the same “bridge to nowhere” that you heard about in the national media during the campaign. This is a bridge designed to connect Anchorage with another area that holds a significant percentage of the workday commuting population. From most polls, an overwhelming majority support building the bridge so no one here is criticizing her on that issue.

Nobody has ever criticized her for wanting to build a gas pipeline or expand resource development either. Most Alaskan’s (except for the kooks) support that. It’s how she went about doing it, which turned out to be a complete circus. First, she ran for governor in part saying she would stick it to those big, bad, oil companies. Then she crafted legislation to build a gas pipeline that she promised would exclude the major producers, most notably Exxon, even though the foreign company that ended up winning the bid to build the line said it couldn’t be done without them. Then, when the project looked like it was going nowhere, Exxon stepped in to save the day, but Palin and her gang now try to play it up as if it were somehow their doing all along.

There have been numerous other example like this too, where she promises one thing, does the exact opposite, then says something again completely non-factual and we are simply supposed to roll over and believe her. At best she's just another double-talking politician, at worst she's insane.
OMG, I thought you were talking about Barack (went back on all his campaign promises) Obama. He takes the prize for double talking.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:28 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,023,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
OMG, I thought you were talking about Barack (went back on all his campaign promises) Obama. He takes the prize for double talking.
No question there. But that's a whole other discussion!

Old 07-09-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Woohoo, I'm not on Moose's list!
do you want to be?

Old 07-09-2009, 11:29 AM

One bridge, two bridges. Before it is over Obama will MAKE Alaska take the stimulus money and finish that bridge to nowhere. That is what he is doing to other states. Take the money or be cut off entirely. Look at all the jobs the bridge to nowhere will create. Just like those bridges to nowhere people in Congress. They go nowhere but still keep their jobs and get a pension for life.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
One bridge, two bridges. Before it is over Obama will MAKE Alaska take the stimulus money and finish that bridge to nowhere. That is what he is doing to other states. Take the money or be cut off entirely. Look at all the jobs the bridge to nowhere will create. Just like those bridges to nowhere people in Congress. They go nowhere but still keep their jobs and get a pension for life.
Just so you know, it's the lefty media that labeled it the "bridge to nowhere". The Gravina Island Bridge is actually designed to connect the city of Ketchikan with it's airport out on the island. Because the island only has about 50 full time residents, the media and the political elitist left mocked it as a boondoggle, when in fact the bridge is intended to relieve the 200,000 or so per year in local and tourist traffic from the burden of relying on ferry service to connect them with the city.

The access road to the bridge has already been built. Palin originally supported the project, even travelled to Ketchikan to assure the residents that she would back them up, then later flip-flopped and dropped her support for...well who knows why, you'd have to ask her. The entire project has turned into a political football, but there are many Alaskans who just want the darn thing built already.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:51 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Actually both bridges would go somewhere.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:53 PM

LOL, never fear. Obama will get it done and the media will slobber all over themselves on how he increased the tourist travel to AK and he is a genius for building that much wanted bridge. You know how it works by now.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:37 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Let's hope so. The community of Ketchikan needs that bridge. Anyone who's actually flown in and out of there realizes that. Thanks Moose for explaining about the bridge to those who have less than a clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska