Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 05:34 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,221,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
It's all been said. Casa Grande or even Eloy itself. Lots of housing and cheap too. My Ex bought a new never lived in in Eloy for $60,000 just a year ago. As a former Corrections officer I can tell you Eloy, C.G. or Florence and even Cooledge are your best bets. You do not want to drive from anywhere in Phoenix tp Eloy.
Sorry, but I couldn't recommend Eloy, Coolidge or Florence.

In Eloy, the estimated per capita income and estimated median household income are significantly below the state average; more than 27% of residents live in poverty. Less than 50% of the population have high school diplomas or higher and the unemployment rate is higher than the state average. The crime rate is very high. (A chart with the crime breakdown is at the link above.) The nearest Target & Wal-mart are in Casa Grande.

Coolidge is a little better, but not by much.

The only reason Florence's stats look better than Eloy's and Coolidge's is because of Anthem at Merrill Ranch. I've heard that's a nice development, but it's isolated. The Town of Florence itself offers very little.

The OP is looking to spend between $1000 and $1300/month in rent. IMO there is no reason to live in any of these places, if they can afford that much.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:33 PM

683 posts, read 2,650,806 times
Red Rock Village is worth a look. Very quiet, safe, and close to Eloy. It's a twenty minute drive to Marana and driving to Phoenix takes about an hour. There's a lot of homes for rent and if you're interested in buying, prices are very low. I've been living here about four years and I'm very happy with everything here. Many of my neighbors work at the prisons in Eloy and Florence.

Red Rock Village | Red Rock AZ New Homes | Pulte Homes

Old 05-16-2012, 10:00 PM

33 posts, read 65,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post
OK - I guess I lied - I will offer one more thought - IF you decide on CG - AND can get lucky enough - I think the perfect choice for you guys for a neighborhood would be the "Mission Royale" subdivision. It is one of the newer neighborhoods - it has a family (or young couple) side, and then a 55+ side. It is a golf course community with lots of walking paths and greenbelt areas and a full waterpark inside.

But the main reason I reccomend this particular community for you guys is location. It is directly across the street from the mall with all the restaraunts/shopping/movies etc., even Cracker Barrel is right there! LOL

The question is will there be any available rentals in there at the time you are looking? I dont know - I dont look for rentals much - here is an example though:

2586 E San Isido Trl, Casa Grande, AZ 85194 MLS# 4758735 - Zillow

The best news is from this neighborhood it is a a 22 minute drive to CCA on the BACK ROADS. Wouldnt even need to get on the freeway.

There are plenty of other nice neighborhoods, but for location and your interests, this would be ideal. The only exception is that the dog park is on the other end of town.....

That property is very nice wish they had more pics.
Thanks

Old 05-16-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Kelly,

As you can see - you ll have to come out here and visit for yourself - people have different priorities so we see things through our own viewpoints. But the bottom line is Chey is right - if a higher level of amenities that being close(r) to a bigger metro area would offer is more important than the cost savings and time savings, then being closer to either Phoenix or Tucson will be the choice. But if you would only partake in those larger amenities on occassion, and time and money savings is important, than CG might work.

Its just like Winchester - it doesnt have everything at all the someone like Chey would find important - she would likely want to be closer to San Diego proper (although i obviously cant speak for her LOL!), but many people find Winchester just fine because it has most things, and its less expensive. The difference of course is that people in Winchester/Temecula/Murrieta live there because they can get more house for the money and then they STILL drive to the work centers like your husband is now. Whereas in your situation living in CG would be cheaper AND closer....but the availability of the amenities is the same story as Winchester etc.

Obviously only you can decide....
We for sure need to check the areas out in person to decide but it's great to have so many options.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatrine View Post
No, its not a scam, the guy just posts a lot,lol I knew the neighbors that rented there before the last ones.

Also very dog freindly area, as my house, one next to it and the two next to that house have dogs too.
Yeah there are a lot or snowbirds here, but if you are traveling to Eloy every day, your rite here, where as in CG, you have to travel to eloy every day.
Its only 8 miles to Cg.... If you want a place that has home owners association etc, you will not find that in az city. So it really does depend on what you are looking for most.
That's good to know that the house is actually for rent. It's scary how many scams are out there. Thanks

Old 05-16-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
It's all been said. Casa Grande or even Eloy itself. Lots of housing and cheap too. My Ex bought a new never lived in in Eloy for $60,000 just a year ago. As a former Corrections officer I can tell you Eloy, C.G. or Florence and even Cooledge are your best bets. You do not want to drive from anywhere in Phoenix tp Eloy.
I had looked at Florence and coolidge and hoped they maybe possibilitys but if the only nice neighborhood is anthem which looks amazing. We may just stay away from it. But those cities will be added to the list of check outs

Old 05-16-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBaroo View Post
Red Rock Village is worth a look. Very quiet, safe, and close to Eloy. It's a twenty minute drive to Marana and driving to Phoenix takes about an hour. There's a lot of homes for rent and if you're interested in buying, prices are very low. I've been living here about four years and I'm very happy with everything here. Many of my neighbors work at the prisons in Eloy and Florence.

Red Rock Village | Red Rock AZ New Homes | Pulte Homes
Thank you I had not heard of this area yet I will check it out ASAP.
So many choices!

Old 05-16-2012, 10:13 PM

Has anyone mentioned maricopa? Any thoughts ?

Old 05-16-2012, 10:29 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,340,457 times
Kelly,

Maricopa is a choice - and its a nice town and growing....finally starting to get SOME things like a walmart and soon they will have a new bowling alley/movie theatre/entertainment complex. They still lack in other things.... the biggest thing is that the drive would be as far from there as Gilbert etc...its an hour to the CCA facilities from there....unfortunately there is no freeway access from there so you d have to drive THRU Casa Grande...and since there is more here in CG anyway...no reason I can see to drive the extra.....

Old 05-17-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Kelly,

Maricopa is a choice - and its a nice town and growing....finally starting to get SOME things like a walmart and soon they will have a new bowling alley/movie theatre/entertainment complex. They still lack in other things.... the biggest thing is that the drive would be as far from there as Gilbert etc...its an hour to the CCA facilities from there....unfortunately there is no freeway access from there so you d have to drive THRU Casa Grande...and since there is more here in CG anyway...no reason I can see to drive the extra.....
I totally agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona