Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 05:14 PM

89 posts, read 504,952 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find out info on Kingman and it sounds pretty bad from the posts. Is the crime horrible? Meth drugs all over? Is it ugly? People unfriendly?What types of stores? Where does everyone go to shop?

I had heard from a friend it is an up and coming city for those who don't want to live in Las Vegas, but the posts sound pretty bad.

Thanks!

Old 07-30-2007, 06:25 PM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
It's not the most popular spot on the map. Yes Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma bomber was from there, many land fraud schemes were hatched there, lots of meth/dope catches there, many suspicious of your neighbors out there. It is mainly a spot on the map for tourists to get a bite to eat on their way to Las Vegas.
But if you like living in trailers and that type of life, hey go for it.

Last edited by wit-nit; 07-30-2007 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-31-2007, 06:13 AM

1,552 posts, read 6,473,965 times
Enough already
Kingman is not all "trailers" Drugs and gang wars, just like any other city on the map we have problems. City goverment that needs a house cleaning from the top down is the most disturbing malfunction.
So come look check and check things out, Kingman is not for everyone.make your own decision.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:03 AM

89 posts, read 504,952 times
Default Thanks Ramrush

Thanks! I see posts of negative but the demographic studies look good. I think major corps aren't going to be setting up shop in drug infested, trailer lined areas.

I met a man in my neighborhood (upper middle class) and he said they were looking at moving there and his wife got sick so they decided it is not a good time to move. My point being, I can't picture this man choosing a drug infested place to retire in.

It's like you said, a person really has to go and see for themselves. Last year I went to NM and went to all the cities that people rave about and they were horrible. (southern NM) I also drove to Reno and Pahrump in Nevada and people say they are horrible and I thought both places were niec and up and coming. You could see all the new businesses, developments being built.

So yes, I know I have to just come out and see for myself.

The medical center looks great!

Thanks again for your post!

Old 07-31-2007, 06:01 PM

Granted Kingman is not for everyone used to having everything close, we make a day trip run to Henderson see a movie get the items we can not get here etc. then head home. The internet is a great resource and we can have most anything delivered that way as well. The wind blows and currently the monsoons are all around making noise and such as well.
The KRMC is growing and is a large employeer here alot of remodeling in progress there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummersEve View Post
Thanks! I see posts of negative but the demographic studies look good. I think major corps aren't going to be setting up shop in drug infested, trailer lined areas.

I met a man in my neighborhood (upper middle class) and he said they were looking at moving there and his wife got sick so they decided it is not a good time to move. My point being, I can't picture this man choosing a drug infested place to retire in.

It's like you said, a person really has to go and see for themselves. Last year I went to NM and went to all the cities that people rave about and they were horrible. (southern NM) I also drove to Reno and Pahrump in Nevada and people say they are horrible and I thought both places were niec and up and coming. You could see all the new businesses, developments being built.

So yes, I know I have to just come out and see for myself.

The medical center looks great!

Thanks again for your post!

Old 07-31-2007, 06:59 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,124,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambrush View Post
Enough already
Kingman is not all "trailers" Drugs and gang wars, just like any other city on the map we have problems. City goverment that needs a house cleaning from the top down is the most disturbing malfunction.
So come look check and check things out, Kingman is not for everyone.make your own decision.
I lived in Mohave County on and off since 2000 (am back in the Phx area now) and it appears that the City of Kingman is not bad overall----------but, that many of the outlying county areas named 'Kingman' especially Butler are spotty at best re: decent enclaves.

I have to agree with you about gang wars-------where I sense that crap happening one day would be in Bullhead down along Hancock/Marina streets.

Kingman is still pretty clean in that regard.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:22 AM

5 posts, read 33,984 times
i have lived in major "burbs" from LA,Denver, and Chicago,i worked union construction for 32 yrs. i have taken my family on a working VACATION coast to coast. my wife and i now live about 250 miles straight north of NYC (our hometown area) we like the west the best. As far as the wind and dust, ITS THE DESERT !!! As far as the crime, drugs , ect. EVERY city has this. the bigger the city the more crime. i have just retired (@ 56 yrs. old) my wife can work from home, my wife said that she would rather PAY FOR AC. THAN THE $2200 WE DID LAST YEAR FOR HEAT!!! we are comming to kingman to look it over in sept. for relocating. if you don't like the lowlife part of town DON'T GO THERE. don't jugde kingman till you check it out yourself. we are.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:53 AM

Great post!! now if others would just read and understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsan5 View Post
i have lived in major "burbs" from LA,Denver, and Chicago,i worked union construction for 32 yrs. i have taken my family on a working VACATION coast to coast. my wife and i now live about 250 miles straight north of NYC (our hometown area) we like the west the best. As far as the wind and dust, ITS THE DESERT !!! As far as the crime, drugs , ect. EVERY city has this. the bigger the city the more crime. i have just retired (@ 56 yrs. old) my wife can work from home, my wife said that she would rather PAY FOR AC. THAN THE $2200 WE DID LAST YEAR FOR HEAT!!! we are comming to kingman to look it over in sept. for relocating. if you don't like the lowlife part of town DON'T GO THERE. don't jugde kingman till you check it out yourself. we are.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:28 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,953,825 times
I know someone from Buffalo that has lived there for years. She used to own a farm there until she recently sold it to live in one of those smaller homes on the golf course. She likes it a lot I guess. It always looked like a cluster of homes in the desert to me, kind of like Fountain Hills or Care Free used to look. The cluster seems to be getting bigger and bigger though. To each his own. They are building all kinds of new roads and bridges out that way so I guess something is going to be happening out there. One man's desert is another man's paradise oasis in the desert.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:01 PM

82 posts, read 370,741 times
You couldn't pay me enough to live in Kingman,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona