Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 11:13 AM

61 posts, read 505,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Don't forget about your pipes freezing in the winter.

So Dolan isn't cheap? Ha, try pricing a lot in Kingman. But honestly, Dolan does look like a dump from the road, and it's in the middle of nowhere. If it's not cheap, why the heck would anybody live there? And more importantly, why did you move there?
Yes, dumpy; and, colder than a well-digger's behind in the winter, hotter 'en blazes in the summer......I have found my hell!

Old 07-05-2009, 03:22 PM

2,324 posts, read 7,622,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dian-az View Post
This is still open range country, a lot of times the cattle wander onto Pierce Ferry Rd and get hit. The original Ranch Club was burned down on Dolan Days in about 2001. There's a smaller Mexican Restaurant on the grounds of the Club area nowadays. Water haulers like me now pay $4.50 for a 500 gallon load. Santa Claus is now run down, graffiti all over it. Thank you, I appreciate the history...I know the town had some character back then, I talk to a few of the old timers that are still around.
Here is the original 4 page 1957 brochure plus a photo of Tom White. (There were two more brochure's in full color later using models from Los Angeles)

Attachment 44536

Attachment 44537

Attachment 44538

Attachment 44539

Attachment 44540.

Last edited by roosevelt; 03-21-2010 at 04:13 PM..

Old 07-05-2009, 07:42 PM

Thank you Roosevelt! I have seen these before, but now I'm glad I have them in a sort of record. You take care...

Old 07-06-2009, 01:45 PM

222 posts, read 581,147 times
What a nice place! I should move there!

Old 07-06-2009, 02:41 PM

227 posts, read 535,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.leviman View Post
What a nice place! I should move there!
No Kidding!

Old 07-06-2009, 03:40 PM

2,324 posts, read 7,622,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dian-az View Post
Thank you Roosevelt! I have seen these before, but now I'm glad I have them in a sort of record. You take care...
OK, now I have to tell you a story. When selling Lake Mohave Ranchos from the Pasadena office, across from Brotherton's Farmhouse Restaurant, we had an ad running in the local papers: 2 ½ acres near lake, $495, $10 down and $10 a month. I got a phone call from a fellow who wanted to know where it was. I said come into the office and see the map. He said, "No bother, just give me the address."

To those of you who are not familiar with Pasadena, one of the main streets is Lake Avenue...........

Old 07-06-2009, 06:01 PM

3 posts, read 10,538 times
Thanks for the warning Dian. I am looking to move, and was considering Arizona. Amazing how people would rather stick their heads in the sand than see things for how they are, eh? Dolan Springs sounds eerily like Fredericktown, Missouri and Senatobia, Mississippi. I would shoot myself before ever setting foot into either of those vomit puddles again...But there are residents there who think it's just a peachy slice of heaven. It's usually the uppity crowd from hotshot inbred families or those who just have alot of money who can't figure out why regular folks want out. And YES, Family Dollar is a REAL store. A building with merchandise inside, that sells the merchandise in exchange for money is called a STORE. Say it with me dookieboy, s t o r e...

Old 07-06-2009, 07:19 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,126,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutTheStrings View Post
Thanks for the warning Dian. I am looking to move, and was considering Arizona. Amazing how people would rather stick their heads in the sand than see things for how they are, eh? Dolan Springs sounds eerily like Fredericktown, Missouri and Senatobia, Mississippi. I would shoot myself before ever setting foot into either of those vomit puddles again...But there are residents there who think it's just a peachy slice of heaven. It's usually the uppity crowd from hotshot inbred families or those who just have alot of money who can't figure out why regular folks want out. And YES, Family Dollar is a REAL store. A building with merchandise inside, that sells the merchandise in exchange for money is called a STORE. Say it with me dookieboy, s t o r e...
Uh; not all of Arizona is Hooptie.............

Old 07-07-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutTheStrings View Post
Hello, and yes I agree...when one is out in the boonies, any franchise marketing is like a "real" store. Also, just cuz I tell it like it is, doesn't mean I'm angry (previous posts). Some people can't handle the truth. Have a good one, wherever you are!

Old 07-07-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
OK, now I have to tell you a story. When selling Lake Mohave Ranchos from the Pasadena office, across from Brotherton's Farmhouse Restaurant, we had an ad running in the local papers: 2 ½ acres near lake, $495, $10 down and $10 a month. I got a phone call from a fellow who wanted to know where it was. I said come into the office and see the map. He said, "No bother, just give me the address."

To those of you who are not familiar with Pasadena, one of the main streets is Lake Avenue...........
That's too funny...! So what happened with the guy when he found out where the land was really located?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona