Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 05:48 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I am one of the people who completely agree with you. I had a friend who lived in Mayor, AZ which is a town of 3,000. I stayed with her for 2 weeks before I lost my mind and left. IMO, the smaller the city, the more boring it is.
Just remember: There are no boring places, only boring people. If you have any intelligence whatsoever, you will never be bored at life. I honestly don't understand people who cannot entertain themselves. I live in a small town, and my days are not long enough to do all the things I want to do here. Do you have any interest at all in bettering yourself intellectually, physically, emotionally, or spiritually? Read a book for godsake. Hike, bike, or jeep in the beautiful deserts and mountains we have here. Volunteer your time to a worthy cause. Take up a hobby. Adopt a pet. Surf the internet. Learn a foreign language. Camp out in a remote place along the Grand Canyon. Go fishing or hunting. Explore the 2500 abandoned mines in Mohave County. Play tennis. Restore an old car or motorcycle. Mygod, how can anyone be bored in life? I could live on the moon and never be bored. Even being a Drunk, you should still be able to find happiness in a small town. I pity anyone who needs their town to provide things for them to do.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:01 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Just remember: There are no boring places, only boring people. If you have any intelligence whatsoever, you will never be bored at life. I honestly don't understand people who cannot entertain themselves. I live in a small town, and my days are not long enough to do all the things I want to do here. Do you have any interest at all in bettering yourself intellectually, physically, emotionally, or spiritually? Read a book for godsake. Hike, bike, or jeep in the beautiful deserts and mountains we have here. Volunteer your time to a worthy cause. Take up a hobby. Adopt a pet. Surf the internet. Learn a foreign language. Camp out in a remote place along the Grand Canyon. Go fishing or hunting. Explore the 2500 abandoned mines in Mohave County. Play tennis. Restore an old car or motorcycle. Mygod, how can anyone be bored in life? I could live on the moon and never be bored. Even being a Drunk, you should still be able to find happiness in a small town. I pity anyone who needs their town to provide things for them to do.
This Dolan Springs town only has 1,800 people, and it is in the middle of nowhere. I am a people person so I like to be out and about. I like smaller cities such as Prescott and Flagstaff, but that is as small as I would go. There is still entertainment in those places. One horse towns just do not cut it for me. FYI, I have driven through Kingman on Friday and Saturday nights in the past while heading to Vegas and/or Phoenix. I literally saw lots of teenagers hanging out in front of conveniance stores for entertainment. Sorry, but that is not my cup of tea.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:34 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
For the record:

Give me a job that pays at least $12 and hour plus benefits, a coffeehouse with live entertainment, Climate Zone 8 or higher climate with avg. summertime temps under 100F with low humidity, some art and culture as in pageants, etc., a Costco along with living in a neighborhood platted prior to WW II and I am good.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
FYI, I have driven through Kingman on Friday and Saturday nights in the past while heading to Vegas and/or Phoenix. I literally saw lots of teenagers hanging out in front of conveniance stores for entertainment. Sorry, but that is not my cup of tea.
So you're a teenager? Otherwise, why would you care? I've been all across this country, and don't think I've ever been in a town where teenagers don't hang out in places like that -- including the largest cities, Vegas and Phoenix included. You could provide all the things in the world for teenagers to do, and they're still going to hang around parking lots. That's what teenagers do.

Why are you worried about them anyway? You need to worry about you and why you're bored with your own company.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:19 PM

61 posts, read 505,307 times
Quote:
Sorry, but when you create a profile on a public internet forum with the sole purpose of lambasting an entire town, it becomes everyone's concern. You're unhappy with your life, and it shows.
Like I said, I'm just telling the truth about the place. Why can't you get over it? What are ye, a doctor now? You don't know me, I'm the happiest person ya ever wanna meet...but you won't!

Old 07-15-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
So you're a teenager? Otherwise, why would you care? I've been all across this country, and don't think I've ever been in a town where teenagers don't hang out in places like that -- including the largest cities, Vegas and Phoenix included. You could provide all the things in the world for teenagers to do, and they're still going to hang around parking lots. That's what teenagers do.

Why are you worried about them anyway? You need to worry about you and why you're bored with your own company.
Las Vegas Drunk, et al, no sense posting anything that goes against KDog's beliefs. He's right and everyone that has an opposing viewpoint is wrong, unhappy, angry, etc. I think that maybe he's the one who's upset about ..?
whatever...

Old 07-15-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
For the record:

Give me a job that pays at least $12 and hour plus benefits, a coffeehouse with live entertainment, Climate Zone 8 or higher climate with avg. summertime temps under 100F with low humidity, some art and culture as in pageants, etc., a Costco along with living in a neighborhood platted prior to WW II and I am good.
Right on! And where is this utopia?

Old 07-15-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
This Dolan Springs town only has 1,800 people, and it is in the middle of nowhere. I am a people person so I like to be out and about. I like smaller cities such as Prescott and Flagstaff, but that is as small as I would go. There is still entertainment in those places. One horse towns just do not cut it for me. FYI, I have driven through Kingman on Friday and Saturday nights in the past while heading to Vegas and/or Phoenix. I literally saw lots of teenagers hanging out in front of conveniance stores for entertainment. Sorry, but that is not my cup of tea.
Right on, las vegas drunk...as far as Kingman is concerned, for me (uh-oh, I'm in trouble again, I can feel it comin') it's just a glorified Dolan! There, how do ya like that kdog?

Old 07-15-2009, 09:24 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dian-az View Post
Right on! And where is this utopia?
In my dreams...............for now

Old 07-15-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dian-az View Post
Right on, las vegas drunk...as far as Kingman is concerned, for me (uh-oh, I'm in trouble again, I can feel it comin') it's just a glorified Dolan! There, how do ya like that kdog?
I like it just fine, thanks. Small desert towns rock.

So tell me, dian-az. Where's home for you, and what do you like about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona