Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 08:47 AM

283 posts, read 990,381 times

Advertisements

I COULD move there if I wanted, but who wants to live in an oven? Really

Old 06-01-2007, 09:25 AM

165 posts, read 512,500 times
I have been noticing alot of others from Michigan are heading to Arizona, I had hoped to be their by now but our housing market is very poor for sellers. I want to relocate to Arizona for the weather, Just hope to not have to go thru another MI winter. I have been planning this for the last few years but just 3 months ago put my home on the market, I have already had a moving sale and have boxes packed. I am looking in the Verde Valley area Cottonwood, Rimrock etc...I have a realtor. I just want to simplify my life and enjoy, It will also give my daughters (33 and 32 years old) a nice place to vacation. I will have to continue working and have been checking out the ads in the local papers.
Wish me luck on selling my home soon.....
Debbie

Old 06-01-2007, 11:06 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
If I didnt have a son, I would move there, more than likely to be near family, but I also love desert hiking.

But since I have a son and he he's my highest priority, I will not move there. Ill just visit a few times a year instead.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:50 PM
ejk

126 posts, read 594,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveV View Post
I COULD move there if I wanted, but who wants to live in an oven? Really
To each his own. When it's beautiful in Boston, we're likely sweltering, but when it's gorgeous here you're freezing cold. Six of one.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:39 PM

461 posts, read 1,810,115 times
YES! In a heartbeat! I am planning on moving to AZ . . . trouble is I live in Michigan and I can't sell my condo. It's been on the market for over a year and I have already reduced the price by $15,000.00 (which to me is a lot considering the beginning asking price was only $139,000). Why do I want to move there? Sun, sun and more sun. I love it there. Beautiful mountains, close to the ocean, snow, everything! Hopefully, I'll be there soon enjoying the rattlers, scorpions, black widows, etc. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 10:02 PM

6 posts, read 21,840 times
Northern Az Is The Best 4 Mild Seasons...
Prescott Is Very Nice!!

Old 06-02-2007, 12:10 AM

338 posts, read 1,624,933 times
I have lived in Arizona for 27 years (since I was 8 years old) and I absolutely love it here. I hate humidity so I LOVE the dryness out here.

IMO, the pros of Arizona are:

Dry climate.
Lots of sunshine.
Very little rain.
Mild winters.
No earthquakes or tornados.
You can travel to cold climates in Northern AZ in 3 hours.
Beautiful mountains all over the state.

Cons: (I'm not saying that all these things bother me but I know they bother some people)

No Ocean. (I really miss that)
Large population.
Heavy Traffic. (gets on my nerves but you learn where the short cuts are)
A lot of road construction.
Public schools are not very good.
Higher than average crime rate. (due to our high population and lots of illegals) Auto theft is very high. (a lot of this is due to illegals)

Monsoon storms in the summer. Some years they bring a great deal of rain (which is always much needed and very welcomed around here), with severe lightning and very heavy winds. Sometimes the winds do damage to houses, we lose our power and the roads get severely flooded.

We get bad dust storms and there is a lot of dust out here. It gets everywhere.

Also, pollen levels are high out here and it's not very good for allergy suffererers.

We do have quite a few poisonous snakes, spiders and scorpions but that is really not a big deal because they usually don't venture into the neigborhoods. If you live way out in a desert area you will see more critters. Also, if you live near a golf course, you may see some scorpions.

I think Arizona is a great place to live. After living in the midwest for 3 months a couple of years ago, I was so homesick for Phoenix. The midwest was ok but I found it pretty boring and WAY too humid. I visited Chicago and that was cool but I could not live in the midwest. I am definitely a Southwest girl.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:19 AM

647 posts, read 3,341,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyz911 View Post
I have lived in Arizona for 27 years (since I was 8 years old) aAfter living in the midwest for 3 months a couple of years ago, I was so homesick for Phoenix. The midwest was ok but I found it pretty boring and WAY too humid. I visited Chicago and that was cool but I could not live in the midwest. I am definitely a Southwest girl.
A good friend of mine - native Arizonan, visited Chicago for the first time last week. She HATED the weather. This was her first experience with "humidity" -- which wasn't really what I'd call humid but to her, it was like a swamp-- she said it was terrible and she'd never in a million years live somewhere like that. Funny thing is, it wasn't even the middle of the summer....throw in the heat along with the humidity, and it's plain gross.

Your comment just made me think of her experience -- I guess the dislike of the midwest as a place to live is a common feeling among many native Arizonans I can totally understand why...I'm with you guys...humidity ain't fun.

Old 06-02-2007, 01:30 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,887 times
I won't leave the ocean, I LOVE the rain, I hate the sandy desert...I like the green grass and palm trees.

NO Arizona is one of the LAST places I would move.

Old 06-02-2007, 02:19 AM

137 posts, read 818,632 times
I love Arizona.....it's one of my favorite States and eventually I may move there again. I love the desert and the sun, and I love the feeling I have when I'm in Arizona (call me wierd, but I feel different when I'm there....a good different)

We lived in Prescott when the children were small and that is a really nice area, although it's grown alot since we were there, but you get the 4 seasons.....it's hot in the summer but not unbearable, and we had snow in the winter (didn't stick around long)......I used to love sitting out on the porch during Monsoon season and watch the thunderstorms.

There were a lot more little crawling critters than what I was used to but it was interesting to say the least.....

It's only about an hour and a half to the airport in Phoenix (in good traffic) so "if I could move there (again) I would" but at this moment in time Vegas works better for me so that's where I'll be going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona