Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2017, 05:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times

Advertisements

We had pretty much the same thing, but sounds like yours were even stronger. And now just think, we have to deal with the green pollen in a month or so. It is always something. I will still take our weather over a lot of places we have lived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 03:13 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,328,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We had pretty much the same thing, but sounds like yours were even stronger. And now just think, we have to deal with the green pollen in a month or so. It is always something. I will still take our weather over a lot of places we have lived.
What is this green pollen you speak of?

Old 03-25-2017, 03:37 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,903,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post

I was wondering the same thing . We have been covered with yellow pollen for a couple of weeks .

Old 03-28-2017, 08:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
I am not sure where it comes from, but someone else will know. Anyway it is a pollen that blows off some sort of tree, It is pretty much the same as the yellow pollen. It will blow for a couple of weeks, usually in April. I am not sure it affects people with alergies , but it does make a mess of windows and some outside furniture . You can wipe it off, it just ugly.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:59 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,650,547 times
Had a bear in the yard today. Exciting, but I did shoo' him off.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Had a bear in the yard today. Exciting, but I did shoo' him off.
That's cool but my Wife would freak

Old 04-01-2017, 09:45 PM

Quote:
That's cool but my Wife would freak
He came back 6 times this evening.

We live against the Ozark Nt'l forest so it's their home too. We are supposed to let them know they are not welcome too close to the house though. Very cool to watch them.

Old 04-02-2017, 05:53 PM

That is really neat.

I have actually been a lot closer to a black bear than I wanted to be. Northern California throwing trash out at night. Well the bear was already there checking out the trash cans.

Old 04-03-2017, 01:16 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,751,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
The wind has been crazy up here in Newton Co. since last night. Today around noon was the strongest sustained winds I've seen here all season. It died out a little late afternoon and is now kicking up again. I don't know what it is but the weatherman said 40mph.
Hope that's over by the time we get there....we'll be coming in a few days! I've sure missed Jasper. I'm always so sad when it's time to come home.

If I had the money lyin' around I'd have a place up there. My brother has been looking for a while and has even seriously considered a couple of places but he backs out every time. Don't blame him, though....a second home or cabin is pretty hard to maintain from afar, especially if there are no neighbors to watch it for you. My mom had great neighbors when she had her cabin. We still talk with them at least once or twice a year.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Hope that's over by the time we get there....we'll be coming in a few days! I've sure missed Jasper. I'm always so sad when it's time to come home.

If I had the money lyin' around I'd have a place up there. My brother has been looking for a while and has even seriously considered a couple of places but he backs out every time. Don't blame him, though....a second home or cabin is pretty hard to maintain from afar, especially if there are no neighbors to watch it for you. My mom had great neighbors when she had her cabin. We still talk with them at least once or twice a year.
The windy season is coming to an end so hopefully it's just a nice Spring breeze.

Had to come back and edit. Wednesday and Thursday are going to be fairly windy, 21mph and down in the 30's at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas