Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2019, 05:52 PM

732 posts, read 779,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
Ok, so that means Jakarta has a subway and Manila has a subway. Solved that debate
ikr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2019, 06:25 PM

1,002 posts, read 906,117 times
MRT Singapore, Bangkok, KL call their underground MRT is Subway even USA is very interested to build Jabotabek MRT considering Japan only want build MRT in Jakarta area. Jakarta MRT deserve to be called Subway

Difference between Manila & Jakarta MRT

Manila MRT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJEtkeVZG6Y

Jakarta MRT ( Subway )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkakbiflQfM

Last edited by Michiko_shanyang; 03-31-2019 at 06:33 PM..

Old 03-31-2019, 07:04 PM

1,117 posts, read 841,465 times
^ i already explained that the MRT is the oldest line, already 20 years old. Why are we comparing it to your line that was just built? LRT 2 is the nicest line, and it's really an MRT, despite its name. The cars are bigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD3EPABT3NA

Old 03-31-2019, 09:11 PM

1,002 posts, read 906,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagpag_Masarap View Post
even compare to Morodok Techo National Stadium, Cambodia they can prepare their stadium to sea games 2023
thumb up

Old 04-01-2019, 02:53 AM

400 posts, read 238,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
^ i already explained that the MRT is the oldest line, already 20 years old. Why are we comparing it to your line that was just built? LRT 2 is the nicest line, and it's really an MRT, despite its name. The cars are bigger.
I don't buy the excuse. Spore's MRT is more than a decade older, yet the condition is much better and more modern. Jakarta's BRT is also 15 years old already, but no way it looks outdated. Even Jakarta's 90 years old Commuter line is in better condition than Manila's MRT.

What both Spore and Indonesia do but Philippines doesn't is developing and updating our infrastructures to adapt with current technology. We don't just build and leave them to rot. Just like this Bundaran HI BRT Stop, it is now being developed to be an integrated station with underground MRT station below.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
I don't buy the excuse. Spore's MRT is more than a decade older, yet the condition is much better and more modern. Jakarta's BRT is also 15 years old already, but no way it looks outdated. Even Jakarta's 90 years old Commuter line is in better condition than Manila's MRT.

What both Spore and Indonesia do but Philippines doesn't is developing and updating our infrastructures to adapt with current technology. We don't just build and leave them to rot. Just like this Bundaran HI BRT Stop, it is now being developed to be an integrated station with underground MRT station below.

I was merely pointing out that your new MRT shouldnt be compared to our MRT. It's not even the nicest line. LRT-2 is called an LRT but it's actually the heaviest line with the biggest cars.

And i agree that Manila is slow and lacking with transport infrastructure. It took 3 years for these new trains to hit the tracks on the MRT. But they're an improvement nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXnmgQHCXWs

The MRT line will be undergoing a big rehabilitation in the coming months

Old 04-01-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post

In what way your old commuter line is better than Manilas MRT? Some of Manilas PNR coaches can be better than your commuter rail despite being older. And why do you say we "leave it to rot"? when it isn't rotten in any way and was designed as it is, not your highend but a pretty average line.

Old 04-01-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
MRT Singapore, Bangkok, KL call their underground MRT is Subway even USA is very interested to build Jabotabek MRT considering Japan only want build MRT in Jakarta area. Jakarta MRT deserve to be called Subway

Difference between Manila & Jakarta MRT

Manila MRT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJEtkeVZG6Y

Jakarta MRT ( Subway )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkakbiflQfM
I quite enjoyed the Manila MRT tour on the video more than Jakartas despite being newer and nicer looking. I actually personally like riding on elevated tracks because of the city view than on a subway or underground which look soul-less imo. Looks like a clash between a new kid in town trying to impress and an oldie with the experience and just doing its job like a normal days work. Also, 2nd video is too short to enjoy. I reckon Jakarta MRT is still a work in progress, while Manilas MRT needs more makeover which is also in progress now.

Old 04-01-2019, 07:21 PM

400 posts, read 238,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
In what way your old commuter line is better than Manilas MRT? Some of Manilas PNR coaches can be better than your commuter rail despite being older. And why do you say we "leave it to rot"? when it isn't rotten in any way and was designed as it is, not your highend but a pretty average line.

Built without any significant improvement along the way to it is now. I'm not talking about the train only, but also the whole infrastructure, tracks, stations, etc.

Jakarta commuter line

Manila MRT

PNR

Your PNR is not even electrified. CMIIW ...
Trains PNR currently ordering is what Solo, a secondary city in Central Java Province, uses for quite sometime now for its Solo Express.

Solo Express

Old 04-01-2019, 08:50 PM

^ That video from PNR is old. PNR is now rolling out hybrid electric trains made in the Philippines. They're faster and more energy-efficient

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwwWXy0wNPc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia