Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 06:20 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,409,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I know quite a number of Asian families living in Buckhead.
And in Midtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 07:05 PM

957 posts, read 3,360,182 times
Just like how Koreans are little different from the ones that live in LA, NYC, and Atlanta, I find that to be true with the blacks in Atlanta. The blacks I've run into in Atlanta seem to be very conservative, family oriented, church going faithful christians, friendly, and wholesome. Did i mention that the Atlanta blacks I've run into are very friendly.

They are not like the Snoop Dogg Dr. Dre gangster blacks with big guns when I think of the blacks that live in LA or NYC.

I hope I don't get called out or shot at for making this observation since I moved here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
I’m going to try to help you out with this one listen I‘m not coming at you, it’s not bad that you want the city to become more diverse, I would like more Asians and etc to move to city as well. But in numerous threads you stated in some form that you want blacks to leave or stop coming to the city, also everything that relate to anything to do with blacks you call ghetto. This is more of a credibility issue, you don’t want the city to become more diverse, you just want the city to become less black, that’s kind of the rep you have. For instance if you were truly a diversity advocate you would be ok for Muslim Asians to come, Again I would like more Asians to come now how about you? Also I thought you was against the Mecca thing?

Last did you realize you just straw man educated and wealthy as Asians, black as averse to educated and wealth?, then made it seem as if you’re a victim, and posters can‘t tell the difference between “loathsome” whites with racists of any color? If I was you and someone call me out like that I would simply explain what I meant, because you didn’t saying anything wrong at that point, you just said it would be cool to have south downtown as a Korean town I was actually agreeing with you, but then you came backs with blacks are averse to educated and wealth. Which means the presumption of that posters was right.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:13 PM

504 posts, read 1,547,134 times
mrpanda,

The two free over the air Korean stations are:

47.2 KTN IND KSB1 World Korean

47.3 KTN IND Arirang Korean/English

http://www.atlantadigitaltv.com/3.html

You can use this link to enter your address and see which stations you are most likely to be able to pick up. You will definitely need an antenna that can pick them up. Plugging the cable directly into the tv won't pick up the signal. You can pm me if you have any more problems or have any questions about it.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:14 PM

Oops meant to paste this link:

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx (broken link)

Old 07-22-2011, 09:35 PM

[LEFT]47.4 KTN IND MC-TV Korean

Does Atanta have 3 Korean channels?

Unfortunately when I type in my address these are the only channels I can get using an antenna. For those of you Koreans living up in Duluth, Suwanee, and JC how are you guys able to get these 3 Korean channels? Do you guys have Comcast Digital TV or using a analog/digital converter with an antenna.

Wow. now i understand why so many Koreans are moving to Atlanta.
[/LEFT]
Antenna
TypeCall SignChannelNetworkCity, StateLive
DateCompass
HeadingMiles
FromRF
Channel*red
vhf
WXIA-DT11.1NBCATLANTA, GA212°23.810*blue
vhf
WGTV-DT8.1PBSATHENS, GA185°17.88*blue
uhf
WUVG-DT34.1UNIATHENS, GA217°21.048*blue
uhf
WATL-DT36.1MNTATLANTA, GA217°21.025*blue
uhf
WAGA-DT5.1FOXATLANTA, GA215°21.427*blue
uhf
WGCL-DT46.1CBSATLANTA, GA217°21.019*blue
uhf
WUPA-DT69.1CWATLANTA, GA214°25.343*blue
uhf
WPCH-DT17.1INDATLANTA, GA217°21.020*blue
uhf
WSB-DT2.1ABCATLANTA, GA216°24.239violet
vhf
WUVM-LP4AZAAtlanta, GA217°21.04*violet
uhf
WHSG-DT63.1TBNMONROE, GA214°25.344

Last edited by mrpanda; 07-22-2011 at 09:45 PM..

Old 07-22-2011, 10:03 PM

444 posts, read 704,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
To be honest, I had thought you to be more intelligent than this. Obviously I was wrong, but I am glad I now know not to take anything you say seriously. Welcome to my sh*t list.
Mmmhmm, I should be so lucky...***lugubrious eye roll**** To be honest, you've BEEN on my ish list from jump. So, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
Does Atanta have 3 Korean channels?

[b]Unfortunately when I type in my address these are the only channels I can get using an antenna. For those of you Koreans living up in Duluth, Suwanee, and JC how are you guys able to get these 3 Korean channels?
Oh ok, I didn't know there were three of them. We only get two. According to Wikipedia those stations are of the LPTV type (low power). Obit seems like you would have to be a lot closer to the towers to get them, have a pretty uninstructed path and a decent antenna. The exterior antennas work better than the interior ones. It would be a roll of the dice. I know my wife's parents do Korean cable package and also supplement that with Internet channels from a htpc (home theater pc) hooked up to their tv.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:23 AM

1,446 posts, read 3,553,974 times
Well, where can I meet these Asians?

Old 07-23-2011, 09:03 AM

1,937 posts, read 4,717,220 times
Also 1040 am is a 50kw Korean station that is supposed to move the trans
miter to Alpharetta.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:15 AM

The dark red areas is where you will find high concentration of Asians. looking at my asian wave, places like Midtown and Buckhead are not popular destinations for Asians. The majority seems to be living in JC, Suwanee, & Duluth. Peachtree City also seems like a popular destination for Asian south of the city....

Seek and you shall find easily in Atlanta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
Well, where can I meet these Asians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta