Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 11:41 AM

787 posts, read 968,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlanta 12345 View Post
It is interesting some want to ignore all the other people I named who are doing the same things. Some of those people like Joel Osteen, Paula White, Pat Robertson and for that matter Atlanta's own Stanley clan. They all do the same thing, GET MONEY FROM PEOPLE WHO FREELY GIVE BECAUSE IN SOMEWAY IT ENHANCES THEIR LIVES. You may not understand them but they may not understand why some people spend billions to watch the Falcons, Braves, and Hawks or spends billions going out to eat and drink at expensive resturaunts when they have food at home. History shows that World Changers are enhancing lives, if it is not your thing and you rather spend your money at a baseball game or drinking beer at a bar, then move on..
You are so right, they are just not as overt as Creflo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 12:57 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Do you ever stop trolling?

My goodness...
Why is this "trolling"? I'm simply commenting that a megapreacher owning a jet is no different from a CEO or any other bigwig having one.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:55 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Nobody raises an eyebrow when billionaires, corporate CEOs and arab sheiks zoom around in expensive jets. Why should a mega preacher be any different?

You have to admire the man's chutzpah.
Indeed. I know churches do not pay income tax. But will they pay sales tax on such a purchase?

Old 03-15-2015, 05:08 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,355,378 times
Quote:
Why is this "trolling"? I'm simply commenting that a megapreacher owning a jet is no different from a CEO or any other bigwig having one.

CEOs work for for-profit companies who "pay" taxes (when they aren't avoiding or evading them).

Creflo Dollar runs a non-profit, mostly tax-free ministry under the guise of helping others. He claims he's collecting money to change the world, but instead seems to buy himself a whole lot of luxury items, including one of the single most lavish private jets available.

Those two things are very different. Surely you know that.

How much money does World Changers spend on aid each year? I can't find any info on that. Probably on purpose.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:13 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
CEOs work for for-profit companies who "pay" taxes (when they aren't avoiding or evading them).

Creflo Dollar runs a non-profit, mostly tax-free ministry under the guise of helping others. He claims he's collecting money to change the world, but instead seems to buy himself a whole lot of luxury items, including one of the single most lavish private jets available.

Those two things are very different. Surely you know that.

How much money does World Changers spend on aid each year? I can't find any info on that. Probably on purpose.
I understand that but in all honesty there are plenty of billionaires, CEOs and arab sheiks who aren't any more deserving.

At least Rev. Dollar is upfront about what he wants and nobody is forcing his congregation to give him the money.

Old 03-15-2015, 06:37 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,355,378 times
Quote:
I understand that but in all honesty there are plenty of billionaires, CEOs and arab sheiks who aren't any more deserving.[
Oh, trust me...if you're looking for a CEO apologist, I'm not your guy, at all.

Quote:
At least Rev. Dollar is upfront about what he wants and nobody is forcing his congregation to give him the money.
I'm not suggesting that what he is doing is illegal, or even should be illegal. Yes, the people are giving of "their own free will". However, people also give money to Nigerian scammers of "their own free will". Dollar preys on the weakest and most vulnerable of society and sells them a dream, a dream that will, under almost every circumstance, not come true. And after they've turned over their money, under the guise that he's going to do some sort of good with it, or that they really will receive wealth from God, he goes and purchases another Rolls Royce. I'm sure the church does some good, but there's a whole hell of a lot of good that could be done with $65 million besides buying a top-of-the-line private jet.

Old 03-15-2015, 06:53 PM

1,057 posts, read 867,660 times
Sami, you can't get into heaven unless you buy rev dollar a jet.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:09 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,398,315 times
I remember a time when being called to true ministry was a process of sacrifice, self-denial, and a humble spirit; man, how things have changed!

Old 03-15-2015, 09:05 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
I remember a time when being called to true ministry was a process of sacrifice, self-denial, and a humble spirit; man, how things have changed!
As the step-son of a man who spent his entire life in ministry with humility and integrity... and as the colleague of countless others I can assure you it still does. You don't have to go far to find one. There's probably a half dozen small, unpretentious churches withing a mile of your doorstep led by such ministers. You should get to know them.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:08 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Oh, trust me...if you're looking for a CEO apologist, I'm not your guy, at all.

I'm not suggesting that what he is doing is illegal, or even should be illegal. Yes, the people are giving of "their own free will". However, people also give money to Nigerian scammers of "their own free will". Dollar preys on the weakest and most vulnerable of society and sells them a dream, a dream that will, under almost every circumstance, not come true. And after they've turned over their money, under the guise that he's going to do some sort of good with it, or that they really will receive wealth from God, he goes and purchases another Rolls Royce. I'm sure the church does some good, but there's a whole hell of a lot of good that could be done with $65 million besides buying a top-of-the-line private jet.
The fact that he has a booming church that has been around for a couple of decades or more, you must give the guy more credit than that. If he were nothing more than a snake oil salesman, the church would not be what it is. It's obviously made believers out of enough that it has become what it is. Not your cup of tea? That's fine. Not really mine either. But give the guy some credit. If people want to help him buy a plane, all power to him and them. I won't be sending a check, but I don't begrudge nor judge anyone who does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta