Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 05:31 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,926,018 times

Advertisements

C-D is the only place where I've heard this particular complaint about poor customer service. I get the DMV complaint; DMV's everywhere have a reputation for being slow and inefficient. But as far as retail, restaurants, the airport, etc., I don't get it. *shrugs*

Old 04-21-2015, 05:35 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,031,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
C-D is the only place where I've heard this particular complaint about poor customer service. I get the DMV complaint; DMV's everywhere have a reputation for being slow and inefficient. But as far as retail, restaurants, the airport, etc., I don't get it. *shrugs*
Same here...it's a city-data thing. No one would be stupid enough to act as if bad customer service is standard in Atlanta except on here. I know one incident can give someone a bad perception of a city - it has happened to me in both Boston and Philadelphia - but I know that it isn't the norm in either of those cities.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:36 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,217,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
It's still ridiculous to pin "bad customer service" on an entire metro area. There are so many differences in customer service from place to place that you can't possibly characterize cities the size of Atlanta or Houston as one or the other. You may get great service in one place and poor service in the next IN ANY CITY and I think everyone knows this. It's childish to keep claiming otherwise.
Perhaps.

All I know is that the customer service I received in Atlanta was consistently bad and the customer service I receive in DFW so far has been consistently good.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:20 PM

183 posts, read 249,471 times
First off, as for my comments regarding Atlanta's bad customer service, I never stated bad service was solely an Atlanta issue. I've also encountered very good service here. And, bad customer service elsewhere.

My comments are from **my** overall customer service experiences and comparisons between the time I lived in Texas and Atlanta. No need for anyone to take offense, it's an opinion. This from one of the biggest Atlanta fans around.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Perhaps.

All I know is that the customer service I received in Atlanta was consistently bad and the customer service I receive in DFW so far has been consistently good.
LOL!

Dallas must train their customer service people better.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:23 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,380,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Perhaps.

Gees. Where did you shop, eat, etc? Sure I've had spotty service, but it is far from the norm.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncey View Post
First off, as for my comments regarding Atlanta's bad customer service, I never stated bad service was solely an Atlanta issue. I've also encountered very good service here. And, bad customer service elsewhere.

My comments are from **my** overall customer service experiences and comparisons between the time I lived in Texas and Atlanta. No need for anyone to take offense, it's an opinion. This from one of the biggest Atlanta fans around.
That's exactly what someone else has claimed...and your comment seemed to be in agreement with that person.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:30 PM

183 posts, read 249,471 times
Quote:
That's exactly what someone else has claimed...and your comment seemed to be in agreement with that person.
I'm not in agreement with anyone. My comment is solely based on my own experiences. If someone else replies their experiences are similar or totally opposite of mine, that's fine. Customer service is mostly based on individual situations and perceptions. Obviously, there will be differences.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:33 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,926,133 times
Quote:
Same here...it's a city-data thing. No one would be stupid enough to act as if bad customer service is standard in Atlanta except on here. I know one incident can give someone a bad perception of a city - it has happened to me in both Boston and Philadelphia - but I know that it isn't the norm in either of those cities.
Exactly. This claim is beyond ridiculous, but hardly surprising considering the main source.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncey View Post
I'm not in agreement with anyone. My comment is solely based on my own experiences. If someone else replies their experiences are similar or totally opposite of mine, that's fine. Customer service is mostly based on individual situations and perceptions. Obviously, there will be differences.
I just said that you "seemed" to be in agreement based on your comment. Who else's experiences would your opinion be based on?

Rating an entire city on its customer service can't be based on individual situations, because there are obviously going to be good and bad. People tend to remember and recall the bad ones much better than the good ones, which are usually the overwhelming majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta