Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2018, 12:52 PM
bu2

24,116 posts, read 14,931,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
That’s like saying no one lives at the stadium/CNN station so there shouldn’t be rail there. Piedmont Park is a big destination for people and it’s only going to become more so in the future with the Fuqua development and other attempts to make the area more dense.
On weekends its a big destination. Not Monday-Friday when you have the most transit ridership.

People will walk the mile from the Arts Center MARTA station to the park. People would walk the half mile from North Avenue and the Beltline.

Old 06-13-2018, 01:39 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,901,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Do you not understand "north of Ponce?"

PCM and Kroger Tower, O4W, Inman Park and Krog St. are all south of Ponce. All would be served very well with the light rail line turning south from North Avenue to the Beltline. Many would not be served by it turning north at the Beltline.

If you keep going on, you just look like you will defend anything with any sort of nonsense.
Please CAREFULLY, reread my post.
North of Ponce:
Midtown Place
Midtown Promenade
Virginia-Highland Apartments

Highland View Apartments
Greenwood Lofts

Old 06-13-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
And the Northwest part of the beltline does at least have all the employment around Piedmont Hospital.
NE BeltLine LRT has all the employment around PCM and Murder Kroger Tower.
I think you are having a misunderstanding when I mention BeltLine NE LRT, because I am using the language that MARTA did in their Technical Analysis
https://www.itsmarta.com/uploadedFil...ary_052918.pdf

Old 06-13-2018, 02:42 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,369,480 times
Is MARTA planning on putting a fill-in station where it crosses the Beltline at Dekalb Ave?

Old 06-13-2018, 02:43 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,281,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Is MARTA planning on putting a fill-in station where it crosses the Beltline at Dekalb Ave?
That would be something useful, so, no.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
No infill stations made the Technical Analysis

Old 06-13-2018, 02:47 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,281,778 times
I don't understand why ART on Peachtree Rd needs to go down to Five Points. There needs to be a high quality line between Arts Center and Brookhaven. South of Arts Center is covered by the heavy rail line.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:37 PM
bu2

24,116 posts, read 14,931,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
NE BeltLine LRT has all the employment around PCM and Murder Kroger Tower.
I think you are having a misunderstanding when I mention BeltLine NE LRT, because I am using the language that MARTA did in their Technical Analysis
And you are arguing just to argue and totally ignoring what I wrote. I was right that this is a bad start to the plan and you can't bring yourself to admit it and so are trying to deflect about something else.

You know better than I do that the plan is to run the rail down North Avenue. You also know that the dense development is from there to the south, not to the north.

5 apartment complexes in a sea of SFH? The big complexes are to the south of Ponce.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:32 AM

Quote:
You can't ignore the trends. Spending billions to build rail far into the suburbs when fewer and fewer people ride is just not a good investment.

They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Atlanta shouldn't do the same thing other cities have done and failed with.

Atlanta should focus on rail close in, not far out. And it should look at where people are and where they are going, not just following some 30 year old college thesis. The southeast beltline is the segment that seems to make the most sense while the northeast seems to make the least sense (do we need rail to take people to Piedmont Park on weekends?) as there are few people and few jobs north of Ponce. But the southeast is not being built at this point.
Quote:
And you are arguing just to argue and totally ignoring what I wrote. I was right that this is a bad start to the plan and you can't bring yourself to admit it and so are trying to deflect about something else.

You know better than I do that the plan is to run the rail down North Avenue. You also know that the dense development is from there to the south, not to the north.

5 apartment complexes in a sea of SFH? The big complexes are to the south of Ponce.
You are trying to argue that SE BeltLine is more appropriate, yet you use Virginia-Highland (which has many small apartment complexes) as an example of why NE BeltLine is a bad idea when SE BeltLine is nothing more than SFH.
Even The Beacon is nothing more than a strip mall, with a sea of parking surrounded by SFH.
ARC Neighborhood Nexus: City of Atlanta Neighborhoods – Neighborhood Nexus

Old 06-14-2018, 07:56 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,410,991 times
Neil Torpy has an interesting piece in today’s AJC about the decline in transit use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta