Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 05:55 PM

925 posts, read 2,607,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
You could be right. But still, I'd think that most of the petty stuff that comes out of southern politics like "states rights", the confederate flag, and the back-and-forth struggling over how to properly fund & deal with schools, healthcare, and other various "wedge" issues would be moot and none-existent.

I'm tired of seeing so many in this state fighting the same battles that should have been decided 30, 40, or 140-something years ago. It is standing in the way of tomorrow.
"States Rights" is part of the set-up of our government, as directed by the Constitution, for any powers not vested to the Federal Government by that Constitution is reserved to the states, respectively.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
for one i doubt there would be daily muggings and assaults and even murders in teh GA tech area
Probably not.

It's insane that political correctness prevents people from bulldozing the section 8 garbage housing of Centennial Place, where a lot of these hoodrats are living and robbing people.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mceis View Post
Well the whites I know are staying and fighting this time.

It's too bad this town is so racist.
Racism is nothing more than the natural desire by a human being to promote, be around, and work for the protection of the group.

There is nothing wrong with it. Without it, societies perish, for they have their guard down, trying to be tolerant and "progressive" and all. Look where it got California.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
I'm curious. Can you name me an instance of black on white racism? Because I'm pretty sure that the two groups' approaches to race relations are NOT similarly motivated, which is not to say that it doesn't happen.
The FACTS:

USA - Interracial crime at a glance and Statistics (http://www.racismeantiblanc.bizland.com/005/06-02.htm - broken link)

Old 10-12-2009, 06:05 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,804,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Well let's consider the fact that White Flight happened every where in America. However, I do believe it was more of a flight to the suburbs than anything else. It just so happened that more white people were middle and upper middle class in the 70s and 80s.

I don't think Atlanta would be much different than it is today, with the exception a few extra thousand people.
Strange, in Europe as/if people move up its just to a different 'hood' in the city.

It must be something in the water here,as Rush has proved there's no such thing as institutional racism in the USA.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Why is every comment of substance accused of being "politically correct"? It's much more on target to call those comments what they really are: compassionate, honest, tolerant, open-minded.
Compassionate to whom? Such views are dishonest, nor tolerant, for they don't tell the true story of the victims, those being homeowners or long term residents

Old 10-12-2009, 06:11 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,812,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
Probably not.

It's insane that political correctness prevents people from bulldozing the section 8 garbage housing of Centennial Place, where a lot of these hoodrats are living and robbing people.
Centennial Place isn't even all that close to Tech...it's at least a couple of blocks away, with Coca-Cola in between. I wonder why Coke employees aren't getting robbed by all those "hood rats"?

Centennial Place is actually very nice.

Flickr Photo Download: Centennial Place & Coke (http://www.flickr.com/photos/paytonc/85706680/sizes/l/ - broken link)

Old 10-12-2009, 06:29 PM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,912,112 times
Scraper Enthusiast = City Fanatic...The Resident Racist is BACK!!!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...ic-558151.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...st-181415.html

Scraper Enthusiast was banned on 4-4-2009 then started up this new page a few days later on 4-6-2009 according to his stats...lol. He even posts on his same beloved subjects as his former Scraper Profile (City vs. City, General U.S., Atlanta, Politics and Other Controversies, Georgia)

Welcome Back Again Scraper!!! I'm sure you will have a new moniker to hide your racist/separatist agenda in no time soon

Last edited by Atlantasfinest; 10-12-2009 at 07:05 PM..

Old 10-12-2009, 06:45 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,310,733 times
Just like the Energizer bunny, eh? You keep going and going and going and going....

Quote:
"States Rights" is part of the set-up of our government, as directed by the Constitution, for any powers not vested to the Federal Government by that Constitution is reserved to the states, respectively.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:01 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,310,733 times
Yeah, look at the wonders that racism and ethnic extremism did for Rwanda. As a matter of fact, Bosnia is looking like a good place right now because of ethnic extremism. Let us not forget the good works that the Nazis brought forth to our planet.

Dude, are you SERIOUS? Look, man everything is static. Societies change over time, it's inevitable. Just ask the Sumerians or the Romans.

It's pure human arrogance to believe that one's society is the best and only one of its kind. This country is no different. In 10, 30, or 100 years, who's to say that the U.S. government won't take a different form?

What a big consolation to know that small-minded views like yours eventually die out in the face of overwhelming progress. Carry on, sir.

Quote:
Racism is nothing more than the natural desire by a human being to promote, be around, and work for the protection of the group.

There is nothing wrong with it. Without it, societies perish, for they have their guard down, trying to be tolerant and "progressive" and all. Look where it got California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta