Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 12:03 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,632,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Reall? 1 mile over and I get a ticket? So, if I am driving at the speed limit, I better not cough or fart otherwise I get ticketed? Sounds like a very draconian place. I bet I would get a ticket for speeding and probably another for breaking wind around a cop? Sounds fair.
Yes. There are many small towns around the country where law enforcement have nothing to do all day except sit around waiting for people to pass by them. Some get a badge and think they're god's gift to the universe and have more power than Niagara Falls. Lord help you if you have out of state plates or aren't local, too. Barney Fife has lots of free time especially since the plant closed down.....back in 1982.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post

For all you "keep right" law advocates, I saw this site and thought, here you go. All states with a "keep right" law is in green.
Only a handful have the keep right law. Interesting since so many on here claim that is the law. They all must live in that handful of states. Or they just want rules that apply to others to get out of their way because they believe they own the road.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Baloney. I don't have to break a law for wild, stupid, crazy, and dangerous drivers.
You don't? Well, you're no fun! But some people happen to agree with you. Me included. Thus the clean license and undented vehicle.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:15 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,504,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
The law is keep right unless passing, not slower traffic keep right.

I don't know who told you this!

I see people are discussing a situation which doesn't exist where I live - empty right lane!!! Both lanes are either full or reasonably full. In both cases, there is no point in moving to left lane if you are going with flow and you will see time and time again that right lane is passing you - Am I driving in wrong lane?

I see drivers in left lane that sort of break the flow of traffic. I also see jer%$ who just want to be in front of you (and it doesn't matter which lane you are driving in) and drive at same speed as you as there is nowhere to go. Most times later will start changing lanes like crazy and become more dangerous than the slow driver in left lane. I mind both as they both create unsafe conditions; personally I dislike more the later.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:17 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,514,828 times
I use the correct lane (inside lane for passing) and always use my signal when I change lanes. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one on the road who does.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
The OP didn't state all the scenarios. Driving the full speed limit no one should run up and ram you from the rear. Chill pills for road raged need to be dispensed.
This.

I witnessed road rage at a red light yesterday! Someone apparently stopped at red light and deserved a horn honk for several seconds. Meanwhile, it was a two lane road that merges into one lane less than a quarter mile past that traffic light. Would have loved to see how that merger went. Glad I wasn't part of it! Road rage tends to pick up around here once tourist season starts and the out of towners pop up.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
I use the correct lane (inside lane for passing) and always use my signal when I change lanes. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one on the road who does.
That new fangled blinky light thing? I wonder if people realize that's part of standard equipment nowadays. It's not only included in upgrade packages.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:42 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,420,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
JFC. WE GET IT ALREADY.

WTF is your obsession with this topic anyway?

There you are! I've noticed that you rarely weigh in on these threads any more unless I post, and you don't when others who post equally as often as I, or more often, on the other side do, and your contribution is almost always to take a swipe at me. So WTF is your obsession with ME, anyway?

Old 07-03-2013, 02:36 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,112,589 times
Middle lane should be doing the speed limit.
Left lane should be cars passing at at least 5 mph over the middle lane.
Right lane should only be cars entering or exiting the highway.

If everyone practiced this basic method, we'd have no road rage.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:38 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,224,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
There you are! I've noticed that you rarely weigh in on these threads any more unless I post, and you don't when others who post equally as often as I, or more often, on the other side do, and your contribution is almost always to take a swipe at me. So WTF is your obsession with ME, anyway?
Because NOBODY posts in these threads as much as you do, saying the same goddamn thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Every. Single. Time. Nobody has an agenda to derail every similar thread like you do. It's the only thing you ever "contribute" to the Automotive forum, and it got old a long fking time ago.

Get.

A.

Life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive