Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 11:32 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,504,441 times

Advertisements

[quote=dkf747;30327139]

Quote:
One screws up traffic for everybody when it is ignored, the other does not. One, when ignored, causes accidents and road rage while the other does not. One generates lots of money for the government while the other is good for the citizens (guess which one the cops focus on). One is reasonable in every state (if evey state had that as law) at any time, and the other is manipulated for different reasons, sometimes for safety, and other times to generate cash. They're not equal.
This is based on your imagination or it is based on something? From your post it looks like speed limits do no good while leaving the way for a speeders does all the good. Good for citizens - yes indeed as I have saved myself a few times when I made sure speeders don't hang around me but they still caused accidents a few hundred yards ahead - I guess some citizens were involved there too so good for me but no good for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 11:54 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C8N View Post
Left lane hogs I have seen are usually clueless of their surrounding and on cruise control.
The clueless ones are the poor pitiful souls who can't do basic math and figure out how to get somewhere without acting like an idiot whilst driving over the speed limit.

Here's your clue: Leave earlier.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:33 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterclockwise View Post
Sometimes I get stuck in the left lane because traffic behind me won't let me merge back over to the right lane. People just keep cutting me off by swinging out to the right lane to pass. Sometimes I drive in the left lane in some areas so I can give motorist on side streets a chance to enter the traffic flow. Other times I drive in the left lane when water ponds on the edge of the road and often the right lane is rough because of truck traffic damage to pavement. I drive in the left lane a lot.
Intelligent Driving.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:15 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,379,266 times
undiagnosed aspergers?? They can't ALL have it. Or maybe they can.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:47 PM

15,436 posts, read 25,822,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post

This is based on your imagination or it is based on something? From your post it looks like speed limits do no good while leaving the way for a speeders does all the good. Good for citizens - yes indeed as I have saved myself a few times when I made sure speeders don't hang around me but they still caused accidents a few hundred yards ahead - I guess some citizens were involved there too so good for me but no good for them.
It's based on facts. No, I did not say that speed limits were bad. I merely highlighted the differences between the two laws. That's it.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:25 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,504,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
It's based on facts. No, I did not say that speed limits were bad. I merely highlighted the differences between the two laws. That's it.
Enlighten me with your facts, please? I guess the differences between the two laws that you stated came from your facts as well so provide those as well. Thanks.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:35 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,107,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
What's your problem with people who back into parking spaces so that when they are exiting they aren't backing INTO traffic? Is it that it might hold you up for ten extra seconds?

Here in Austin they've put in, in a few locations, on street back-in angled parking for safety reasons.
What's your problem? Sheesh.

That's right. People who back into a parking space cause me to have to wait for them. Then, if it's angled parking, when they pull out they have to make a wide turn to be going down the lane in the right direction. When someone makes the wide turn out, they generally go into the other side of the lane, so once again I have to stop and wait.

I am aware of my surroundings. I try to stay out of people's way and not hold anyone up. Your defense it that it's only wasting 10 seconds of MY time, which is still MY time. And obviously you don't care, so don't be so shocked when you tick someone off.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:38 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,416,260 times
I'd rather waste 10 seconds of your time than hit somebody and damage their car or injure them. Clearly your priorities vary and your 10 seconds is more important.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:40 PM

Oh, puleeeeeeeeeze . . .

If you look before backing out - over your shoulders and in the mirrors, you shouldn't hit anyone. A driver is supposed to back out sloooowly.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:44 PM

Many times the people going too slow in a faster lane are talking on their cell phones . . . completely unaware - again - of what's going on around them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive