Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 06:24 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Oh, puleeeeeeeeeze . . .

If you look before backing out - over your shoulders and in the mirrors, you shouldn't hit anyone. A driver is supposed to back out sloooowly.
Yes, this is true, but even doing that, there are blind spots and people backing out or even walking right in front of a car that is already backing out does happen and if you've parked backed in you're much more likely to be able to avoid them. I know that it is the end of the world if you have to be delayed by 10, or even 15 (gasp!) seconds, but there it is. Just imagine how much longer you'd be delayed if the person backing out of a parking place in front of you hit a person or even hit YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 09:32 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,650,120 times
Best solution was hav for gettng slowpokes out of my way is get a crowd wn vic. They just part the higher like the red sea.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-05-2013, 01:57 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Yes, this is true, but even doing that, there are blind spots and people backing out or even walking right in front of a car that is already backing out does happen and if you've parked backed in you're much more likely to be able to avoid them. I know that it is the end of the world if you have to be delayed by 10, or even 15 (gasp!) seconds, but there it is. Just imagine how much longer you'd be delayed if the person backing out of a parking place in front of you hit a person or even hit YOU.
In a shopping center environment for example people driving cars should be competent enough drivers to drive into a parking spot and then drive out without causing accidents or running over people,if this is beyond your driving competency maybe its time to hang up the keys, of course then you wouldnt be able to play your little lets hold every one up games.

Maybe one of these will assist you in making every one obey your laws of the road
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...31360488_n.jpg

Last edited by jambo101; 07-05-2013 at 02:08 AM..

Old 07-05-2013, 05:24 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Enlighten me with your facts, please? I guess the differences between the two laws that you stated came from your facts as well so provide those as well. Thanks.
The facts are in the post. Read it again. It's not hard to figure it out.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:13 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
In a shopping center environment for example people driving cars should be competent enough drivers to drive into a parking spot and then drive out without causing accidents or running over people,if this is beyond your driving competency maybe its time to hang up the keys, of course then you wouldnt be able to play your little lets hold every one up games.

Maybe one of these will assist you in making every one obey your laws of the road
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...31360488_n.jpg

You put way to much faith in people.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:13 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
What's your problem? Sheesh.

That's right. People who back into a parking space cause me to have to wait for them. Then, if it's angled parking, when they pull out they have to make a wide turn to be going down the lane in the right direction. When someone makes the wide turn out, they generally go into the other side of the lane, so once again I have to stop and wait.

I am aware of my surroundings. I try to stay out of people's way and not hold anyone up. Your defense it that it's only wasting 10 seconds of MY time, which is still MY time. And obviously you don't care, so don't be so shocked when you tick someone off.

Can you back out like you mentioned a pick up truck from a tight parking lot? Or you drive a smartcar???

Old 07-05-2013, 06:14 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
The facts are in the post. Read it again. It's not hard to figure it out.
If I read yours and similar posts and treat them like a factsheet then sure

Old 07-05-2013, 06:46 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,233,028 times
You guys are lucky you don't drive in Sydney, Australia. California is utopia compared to Sydney. The drivers here have absolutley no clue.

Generally speaking anyone who does over 60mph on the highway (freeway) is consider a 'hoon'

The drivers here are very in-consistent, no one is flowing, everyone is doing different speeds, you have two types of people, the people doing 45mph and the high speeders doing a mighty 62mph.

In their efforts to slow people down even further, staying in the right lane (fast lane) is perfectly acceptable, as it discourages 'hooning'

Put it this way, when your doing 60mph in the freeways in Sydney you are passing everyone lol

Old 07-05-2013, 11:54 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Patience is a virtue.I get really PO'd when someone cuts right back in on me when the road is wet and sprays my windshield with road grime when there are only 2-3 cars close.
This makes me NUTS! What's the damn hurry? Just because you're in a hurry doesn't give you the right to be a jerk.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:01 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
It doesn't matter if there's a law or not. Nobody has come up with a good reason in FAVOR of driving in the left lane, while there are good safety reasons for being out of the left lane as much as possible.

So funny to see the "believe they own the road" thrown about in this context because nothing indicates belief of owning the road more than driving in the left lane when the right is empty. It's difficult to understand why that is not obvious to those who are in favor of doing so.
If there isn't a law saying you can only use the left lane to pass, then you have no reason to expect someone to move out of your way! You do NOT own the road.

Whoever said the right lane is empty? Around here the interstates are all 2 lanes and the right lane is never empty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive