Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2014, 11:35 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,007,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Would cargo loaded on the plane in Malaysia all be unloaded in Beijing? Or, would some be taken off and more be loaded on? As far as what combinations of items are in there, they have to keep track and make sure it's all safe.
Since the Flight was a turn around flight, All the cargo should be scheduled to be removed in Beijing. New Cargo would be loaded for the return flight.

There maybe "Thru" cargo IF the plane physical started it "Day" somewhere else, and the InBound-Load of cargo contained cargo that would just transit KL, on it way to Beijing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 11:44 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post

There maybe "Thru" cargo IF the plane physical started it "Day" somewhere else, and the InBound-Load of cargo contained cargo that would just transit KL, on it way to Beijing.
That's sounds more plausible to me.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:09 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,769,652 times
For those of you who are interested in the rights/responsibilities of the investigation, this is detailed in Annex 13 of the Convention on International Civil Aviation: Aircraft Accident and Incident Investigation.

There are 5 states (i.e., countries) that the agreement gives various rights to:
1) State of Occurrence
2) State of Registry
3) State of Operation
4) State of Design
5) State of Manufacture

The investigation is run by the State of Occurrence, or if the accident was in international waters, it is run by #2 or #3, which of course is Malaysia. Malaysia is free to delegate the investigation to anyone it chooses.

The Annex specifies who participates in the investigation - all of the 5 states listed above have rights to participate. There is no State of Occurrence, and Malaysia is both the State of Registry and State of Operation, so that only leaves the State of Design and Manufacture, which is the USA since this was a Boeing plane.

The Annex gives no rights to any other state, and says nothing about the states for passengers or cargo!! But even though no rights are guaranteed by the document, Malaysia is free to include whoever it wants, or delegate the investigation in any way it wants.

The Annex covers a variety of things about the investigation. Chapter 6 covers the final report. The investigating state has final control over what is released. If there are disputes, they have the final word. By default, the investigating state will be Malaysia. But they can delegate that to any state they wish, and that state will have final authority over the report.

Anyway, kind of nerdy but I think it will be interesting to see what Malaysia does. You can read it here:

http://ww2.rnf.is/media/eydublod/Annex_13.pdf

Old 04-14-2014, 12:12 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,928,902 times
From guys I know that fly these planes, the recorder only records the last 2 hours of data. They're never going to know what caused this even if they find the box. Kindly notice, the area they are looking in means there will be no recovery of anything, the waters are far too deep. No bodies, no anything except MAYBE the black box and that's only if it's in a small piece of debris. But you would think since this area is covered by commercial airlines corridors that somebody would have seen debris a long time ago in the area. All of this is a little too convenient for me to believe suicide. If it was suicide the guy could have easily crashed it hours earlier. If it was a hijacking, why take it to nowhere and crash it? It would have been far more news worthy to crash it into a building. I smell coverup of something we'll probably never know. That the plane is supposedly in such deep waters makes it mighty convenient to be unable to do much recovery. No autopsy's, no checking of engines, nothing. This crash is over except for the relatives crying.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:17 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,007,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
From guys I know that fly these planes, the recorder only records the last 2 hours of data.
Recorders

Cockpit Voice is 2 hours Sound

Flight Data is 25 hours of data

Old 04-14-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
From guys I know that fly these planes, the recorder only records the last 2 hours of data. They're never going to know what caused this even if they find the box. Kindly notice, the area they are looking in means there will be no recovery of anything, the waters are far too deep. No bodies, no anything except MAYBE the black box and that's only if it's in a small piece of debris. But you would think since this area is covered by commercial airlines corridors that somebody would have seen debris a long time ago in the area. All of this is a little too convenient for me to believe suicide. If it was suicide the guy could have easily crashed it hours earlier. If it was a hijacking, why take it to nowhere and crash it? It would have been far more news worthy to crash it into a building. I smell coverup of something we'll probably never know. That the plane is supposedly in such deep waters makes it mighty convenient to be unable to do much recovery. No autopsy's, no checking of engines, nothing. This crash is over except for the relatives crying.
Also, Mangosteens float which leads me to believe this plane was/is intact when/if it went down. Authorities are now checking samples of the oil slick.

Meanwhile, officials were investigating an oil slick about 5,500 meters (3.4 miles) from the area where the last underwater sounds were detected, said Angus Houston, the head of a joint agency coordinating the search off Australia's west coast.
Crews have collected an oil sample and are sending it back to Australia for analysis, a process that will take several days. Houston said it does not appear to be from any of the ships in the area, but cautioned against jumping to conclusions about its source.

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 search goes deep with Bluefin 21 robotic sub as black boxes fall silent - CBS News

Old 04-14-2014, 12:28 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL362569
I smell coverup of something we'll probably never know. That the plane is supposedly in such deep waters makes it mighty convenient to be unable to do much recovery.

I also think whatever happened was in the planning stages for years. And is not finished.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:39 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Since they have a time frame for the pings, and a location, why haven't they looked at satellite images from that time, and in that place, to see if there was a debris field then?

Old 04-14-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
It was probably more like, Malaysia Airlines chief executive Ahmad Jauhari Yahya told them that in the same way he might have said, "the most remarkable cargo on that plane was ketchup packets. " is in, there was no interesting, intriguing cargo being carried.
That's very possible. I did a search on mangosteens and someone has already covered this. Mangosteens are out of season right now and no one seems to know where they came from.. No orchard packed mangosteens for this shipment.

THEN FROM WHERE? Now IGP says MH370 mangosteens not from Muar: SUSPICIOUS CARGO

Old 04-14-2014, 01:36 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
The answer to the mystery is simple. It was an inside job. A multi-national inside job if you will.. For what reason one will never know.

Now all they're doing is trying to cover up and when they're ready they'll throw a few pieces of debris on the ocean and the news headlines of the finding will be all over the world.

YAY WE FOUND IT!
And no matter what... No one will ever convince you otherwise. That's the problem with conspiracy theorists... You've already made up your mind that it was some sort of conspiracy.

Every bit of evidence they find contrary to your opinion? Well, that's just part of the conspiracy, right? In this light, no matter what, you can't be wrong - you're just "not buying" what the investigation yields because it's all a big coverup anyway. It doesn't matter that you probably know next to nothing about aviation, you have figured it all out already.

Way to go, dude... You've solved the big mystery. And based on all the evidence you've acquired, why not just present it to the media, show them that this is in fact a big coverup, that they've wasted their time, and expose the Illuminati for what they really are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation