Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2012, 03:52 PM

637 posts, read 1,016,177 times

Advertisements

So what happened today?

Bulls getting blown out by Thunder.
Heat getting blown out by Celtics

Which loss is more telling of the direction of the top of the Eastern Conference?

Old 04-01-2012, 04:05 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge Foodie 215 View Post
So what happened today?

Bulls getting blown out by Thunder.
Heat getting blown out by Celtics

Which loss is more telling of the direction of the top of the Eastern Conference?
I don't really think either us. I mean bulls missing their best player+ and does anyone (including Boston fans) really expect the celtics to beat the eat 4 of 7 times?

Old 04-01-2012, 04:08 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I don't really think either us. I mean bulls missing their best player+ and does anyone (including Boston fans) really expect the celtics to beat the eat 4 of 7 times?
I agree no need to overreact to either of these games, but it was concerning on many levels as a bulls fan.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:12 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
I'm surprised the Celtics have won 5 straight games without Ray Allen.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:52 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,708,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I agree no need to overreact to either of these games, but it was concerning on many levels as a bulls fan.
I don't know..... The more I see the Heat, there's just something off about them. All the talent in the world, but they're missing that 'kill em' mentality I remember from those old 90s Bulls teams. The bulls have endured a number of injuries this season, most notably Rose, and aside from today have been very impressive maintaining their winning ways despite their best player's absence.

The Heat, on the other hand, are pretty impotent on the road lately, and amazingly lethargic given that the leagues top record is within reach. They had an opportunity to gain on the Bulls today and, frankly, gave a half ass effort. There is where Lebron's (lack of) leadership comes into question here. Perhaps I'm a prisoner of the moment, but it dawned on me today that this Heat team is no lock to win a single title, let alone 5,6,7,8 like Lebron foolishly predicted 2 years ago. Something's amiss...especially with Lebron right now.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:18 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I don't know..... The more I see the Heat, there's just something off about them. All the talent in the world, but they're missing that 'kill em' mentality I remember from those old 90s Bulls teams. The bulls have endured a number of injuries this season, most notably Rose, and aside from today have been very impressive maintaining their winning ways despite their best player's absence.

The Heat, on the other hand, are pretty impotent on the road lately, and amazingly lethargic given that the leagues top record is within reach. They had an opportunity to gain on the Bulls today and, frankly, gave a half ass effort. There is where Lebron's (lack of) leadership comes into question here. Perhaps I'm a prisoner of the moment, but it dawned on me today that this Heat team is no lock to win a single title, let alone 5,6,7,8 like Lebron foolishly predicted 2 years ago. Something's amiss...especially with Lebron right now.
Why is Lebron's leadership being question when he was the high scorer on the team and Wade had 15? Why does this man have to be criticized after every Heat loss? There are four other grown men on the floor with him but no one else gets criticized but Lebron which is confusing. By the way, Bosh had 4 pts and Chalmers had 2 pts but I guess that is Lebron's fault too right?

Old 04-01-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Why is Lebron's leadership being question when he was the high scorer on the team and Wade had 15? Why does this man have to be criticized after every Heat loss? There are four other grown men on the floor with him but no one else gets criticized but Lebron which is confusing. By the way, Bosh had 4 pts and Chalmers had 2 pts but I guess that is Lebron's fault too right?
Very simply, because Lebron is the best player on the team and needs to be the one setting the standard. Remember the 90's Bulls? They were never allowed to take a night off effort-wise, because Jordan simply wouldn't allow it. The fact that Lebron had a decent statistical game hides the fact that his play was largely inconsequential. He, to borrow a phrase from one of the announcers, didn't put his stamp on the game in the way you'd expect someone of his calibre to.

And yes, the entire team played like crap and need to bear responsibility for their own play. Having said that, it was still an overall lethargic effort on their parts which shouldn't be for a team fighting for the top seed( or so you'd think). Having a bad game is expected, but they played like they didn't care and that's what should be of concern to Heat fans. That goes beyond stats and into intangibles: Heart, grit, focus, things that seem to come and go where the Heat are concerned. As I said before, it's not a talent issue here but something else....more mental than anything. They have boatloads of physical ability.

Edit: also, if you watched they game you'd have seen that Wade seemed more 'into the game' than Lebron did, despite what his game stats showed. Bosh seems to shrivel up when playing Garnett, I think he gets into his head. Again this brings up mental toughness. Punch the Heat square in the mouth and see how they respond.....

Old 04-01-2012, 06:32 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Very simply, because Lebron is the best player on the team and needs to be the one setting the standard. Remember the 90's Bulls? They were never allowed to take a night off effort-wise, because Jordan simply wouldn't allow it. The fact that Lebron had a decent statistical game hides the fact that his play was largely inconsequential. He, to borrow a phrase from one of the announcers, didn't put his stamp on the game in the way you'd expect someone of his calibre to.

And yes, the entire team played like crap and need to bear responsibility for their own play. Having said that, it was still an overall lethargic effort on their parts which shouldn't be for a team fighting for the top seed( or so you'd think). Having a bad game is expected, but they played like they didn't care and that's what should be of concern to Heat fans. That goes beyond stats and into intangibles: Heart, grit, focus, things that seem to come and go where the Heat are concerned. As I said before, it's not a talent issue here but something else....more mental than anything. They have boatloads of physical ability.

Edit: also, if you watched they game you'd have seen that Wade seemed more 'into the game' than Lebron did, despite what his game stats showed.
So when does the coach start being accountable for the Heat struggling on the road?

Old 04-01-2012, 06:32 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
Quote:

Sure, but the Heats problem is at least with their players on the floor. I'm concerned the Bulls won't be healthy for the playoffs. Injuries will F the Bulls playoff run worse than the Heats on the floor issues if things keep up this way for them.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
So when does the coach start being accountable for the Heat struggling on the road?
Spoelstra isn't without fault, however at the end of the day the players have to perform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball