Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2012, 06:36 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,704,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Sure, but the Heats problem is at least with their players on the floor. I'm concerned the Bulls won't be healthy for the playoffs. Injuries will F the Bulls playoff run worse than the Heats on the floor issues if things keep up this way for them.
Hmmmm..... Injuries provide a fair 'out' for the Bulls. What's the Heat's excuse when they're at full capacity? Let's face it, they've been pretty mediocre in recent weeks, especially on the road. Frankly, the fact that the Bulls have 'pushed on' with all their injuries tells me alot about how resilient that team is.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:40 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,486,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Hmmmm..... Injuries provide a fair 'out' for the Bulls. What's the Heat's excuse when they're at full capacity? Let's face it, they've been pretty mediocre in recent weeks, especially on the road.
Yeah if both play out that way then I agree that's a worse reflection on the heat. I just think its more likely for the heat to solve their issue than the bulls. Largely because of the fact that injuries are out their control.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:40 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,668,610 times
Quote:
Hmmmm..... Injuries provide a fair 'out' for the Bulls. What's the Heat's excuse when they're at full capacity? Let's face it, they've been pretty mediocre in recent weeks, especially on the road.
If the heat flame out in the playoffs and the bulls aren't healthy(neither too unlikely) the East is completely wide open. Also of note is that the celtics were missing Allen.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:42 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,486,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
If the heat flame out in the playoffs and the bulls aren't healthy(neither too unlikely) the East is completely wide open. Also of note is that the celtics were missing Allen.
Eh, a mentally messed up heat team is still good enough to get through the east if the bulls aren't healthy. Big gap between the 2nd best and 3rd best in the EC

Old 04-01-2012, 06:47 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,668,610 times
Quote:
Very simply, because Lebron is the best player on the team and needs to be the one setting the standard. Remember the 90's Bulls? They were never allowed to take a night off effort-wise, because Jordan simply wouldn't allow it. The fact that Lebron had a decent statistical game hides the fact that his play was largely inconsequential. He, to borrow a phrase from one of the announcers, didn't put his stamp on the game in the way you'd expect someone of his calibre to.

And yes, the entire team played like crap and need to bear responsibility for their own play. Having said that, it was still an overall lethargic effort on their parts which shouldn't be for a team fighting for the top seed( or so you'd think). Having a bad game is expected, but they played like they didn't care and that's what should be of concern to Heat fans. That goes beyond stats and into intangibles: Heart, grit, focus, things that seem to come and go where the Heat are concerned. As I said before, it's not a talent issue here but something else....more mental than anything. They have boatloads of physical ability.

Edit: also, if you watched they game you'd have seen that Wade seemed more 'into the game' than Lebron did, despite what his game stats showed. Bosh seems to shrivel up when playing Garnett, I think he gets into his head. Again this brings up mental toughness. Punch the Heat square in the mouth and see how they respond.....
Lebron isn't Michael..... We've seen Kobe have games like this, hell in 2006 he flat out quit in game 7 against the suns after being up 3-1. I don't think Lebron will ever rise to the level of Michael. I'll think he'll remain on the level just below Kobe and Duncan which ain't bad.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:50 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,704,151 times
Quote:
Lebron isn't Michael.....
Well we know that....

Old 04-01-2012, 08:15 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,074 times
Quote:
Lebron isn't Michael..... We've seen Kobe have games like this, hell in 2006 he flat out quit in game 7 against the suns after being up 3-1. I don't think Lebron will ever rise to the level of Michael. I'll think he'll remain on the level just below Kobe and Duncan which ain't bad.
Below Tim Duncan? Yeah, way below Tim Duncan. Oh, and I wouldn't put Bryant in Tim's category either for that matter. Tim has made players around him better for nearly a decade and a half now. He leads by example, never calls out his teammates publicly when they are struggling, and is a terrific locker room presence and overall teammate. Bryant is none of the above. He doesn't make his courtmates better, he's all about himself, whines when he doesn't get his 25 to 30 shots a night and is an annoyingly notorious ballhog. James still has the potential to rise to the caliber of greatness that is Tim Duncan's realm but he's got to learn to lead, control, and win big playoff games before that is a reality.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:42 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,003,482 times
Well in defense of the Heat, they didn't have the number 1 seed last year and still ended up in the Finals with a team that is not as good as the one they have now.

The Month of May will tell it all

Old 04-01-2012, 10:44 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,532,954 times
The Thunder and Spurs look ready for the playoffs right now. The two most dangerous teams right now. The Bulls have to be really concerned about Rose and Rip. They will need to get in the flow again, but the possibility of recurring injuries is worrisome for Bulls. The Heat look lost out there though i do think they will be fine during the playoffs.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:55 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,003,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
The Thunder and Spurs look ready for the playoffs right now. The two most dangerous teams right now. The Bulls have to be really concerned about Rose and Rip. They will need to get in the flow again, but the possibility of recurring injuries is worrisome for Bulls. The Heat look lost out there though i do think they will be fine during the playoffs.
They don't need to be concerned about RIP, it's Rose that they need to be thinking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball