Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 03:04 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothBBQ View Post
Hopefully the Lakers can swing Bynum for Howard trade.
Apparently Howard only wants to play for one team and 'Brooklyn' is that team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 03:05 PM

I've been hearing that my Warriors are exploring possibly going after JJ Hickson with the mid level.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:20 PM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Injuries to other teams are out of their control. Bottom line they made the finals. Cleveland made the finals on lebrons back and got handled 4-0. While this past season with a pissed Howard was not good, for 3-5 seasons before they were top tier for sure. Put Howard on last seasons team and while not winning a ring, not going out in the 1st.

I agree they can't pick em but to say better picks in 2000, 2001 could have helped Howard is silly. For that mater, better picks then and Howard likely isn't a magic player because they would likely be seeded higher.

Bottom line the magic gave him some talent, and screwed it on other but Howards attitude didn't start until Miami landed lebron/bosh and he went "crap now we are the second best team in Florida".
I think the only place we are disagreeing is with regards to how bad a job Orlando has done drafting and free agency.

They've done very badly in the draft (and I'm only looking at years they actually had decent picks) and free agency has been poor as has salary cap management.

To put it another way, how many wins to they get without Dwight next year? That should provide a measure of the "talent" they've put around Howard.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:24 PM

276 posts, read 774,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Apparently Howard only wants to play for one team and 'Brooklyn' is that team.
True, it's a chance the Lakers should take. Bynum only has 1 year left on his contract and it's not a given that he'll resign with the Lakers. Plus Joe Johnson is about to be traded to the Nets at any moment. If and when that happens, Brooklyn wont have enough cap room to sign Dwight next year, nor will they have pieces to trade for him now.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:50 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think the only place we are disagreeing is with regards to how bad a job Orlando has done drafting and free agency.

They've done very badly in the draft (and I'm only looking at years they actually had decent picks) and free agency has been poor as has salary cap management.

To put it another way, how many wins to they get without Dwight next year? That should provide a measure of the "talent" they've put around Howard.
i understand what your saying, and am not in full disagreement but i think your putting the onus solely on management for howards issues and not putting anything on howard himself.

how many win without howard? no idea, how many wins would the thunder have with no durant?
how many wins would the bulls have had with no jordan?
maybe those teams where built better but they where not THAT MUCH better. hell how many wins would the spur shave had 5-6 yrs ago with no duncan?

Old 07-02-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothBBQ View Post
True, it's a chance the Lakers should take. Bynum only has 1 year left on his contract and it's not a given that he'll resign with the Lakers. Plus Joe Johnson is about to be traded to the Nets at any moment. If and when that happens, Brooklyn wont have enough cap room to sign Dwight next year, nor will they have pieces to trade for him now.
It all depends on D-Will. If D-Will signs with the Nets, then there is no chance for Howard. Otherwise next year they could get him.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:28 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Jason Terry in green looking likely.

Boston Celtics, Jason Terry closing in on contract, sources say - ESPN Dallas

Old 07-03-2012, 04:10 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
sounds to me like boston is expecting ray allen to not return.

i hope he does sign there so i dont have to see him but twice a year when my spurs play boston. ugh dirtiest player in the game today, and a bit of a scumbag to boot.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:37 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
It all depends on D-Will. If D-Will signs with the Nets, then there is no chance for Howard. Otherwise next year they could get him.
Can't the Nets just pay the luxury tax, or is it a hard cap where they can go over the cap a few million? The Russian owner made like 40 million yesterday so he can afford to go over, I'm not sure if he can though.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:02 PM

520 posts, read 731,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
At this point in their careers, I'd say Jason Terry is better than Ray Allen. Boston has made some good moves, if they do end up getting Terry. They got Fab Melo and Jared Sullinger in the draft to help give them more size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball