Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2015, 04:09 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,585,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
L.A.
Please no. I like Love as a player. But I don't want to see the Lakers offer him a max deal. He's just not worth it to me. That's just my opinion. I'd rather have two younger, lesser known players for that money who will play both sides of the ball. Plus he says he's staying in Cleveland.

But knowing Jim Buss he's probably camping out in front of the office of Kevin Love's agent already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 05:13 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,389,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Please no. I like Love as a player. But I don't want to see the Lakers offer him a max deal. He's just not worth it to me. That's just my opinion. I'd rather have two younger, lesser known players for that money who will play both sides of the ball. Plus he says he's staying in Cleveland.
He said that every day for years while he was here in Minnesota.

Old 01-13-2015, 06:16 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,048,419 times
Well looking at the Hawks play the first time this season vs the Sixers and they are up 12 at the half

Old 01-13-2015, 07:37 PM

45,598 posts, read 27,223,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
The NBA has to stop with these fines. John Wall got fined on Christmas day in a similar situation with Quincy Acy. If someone physically provokes you, are you not allowed to reasonably defend yourself? I don't know who to blame for what happened, but Garnett threw the ball at him and then headbutted him, what was he supposed to do?
Yeah - I hear you. They are men, and the adrenaline is pumping out there. I guess they are supposed to switch it on and off at will.

---------------------------------------

Mo Williams has to score 52 for the Timberwolves to snap the 15 game losing streak.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:46 PM

78,477 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
I'm just throwing it out there since he's a California kid and played at UCLA - when he was here in Minnesota that's what everyone was hearing.

I agree 100 that he's becoming a real drag at this point - more in the mold of primadonna that so many NBA players are.

Glad we got rid of him for a much more level-headed Canadian talent that has what is appearing to be a very high ceiling. We could not have been more lucky in getting him, especially for a guy who we would have lost for nothing in the long run anyway.
I'm sure they'll be able to waste Wiggins by not putting talent around him just like Garnett all those years....

Old 01-13-2015, 08:48 PM

78,477 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post

But knowing Jim Buss he's probably camping out in front of the office of Kevin Love's agent already.
What else you got to sell skyboxes after Kobe retires in 2 years?

I have much respect for the Lakers but you guys really have no idea of how long of a rebuild you are in for at this stage of the game.

They're currently at the point where the Knicks were 2 years ago....maybe worse.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:50 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,048,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What else you got to sell skyboxes after Kobe retires in 2 years?

I have much respect for the Lakers but you guys really have no idea of how long of a rebuild you are in for at this stage of the game.

They're currently at the point where the Knicks were 2 years ago....maybe worse.

Happens to all the great teams. The 1994 Lakers and 2000 Bulls come to mind

Old 01-13-2015, 09:40 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,098,643 times
Completely agree. I'm a Cavs and a Warriors fan. I think the Lakers have just the right mix of bad luck, bad contracts, and front office ineptitude to invite a good 3-4 more seasons of "Wow, why are they on national TV" ahead of them.

I've seen it far too many times with my teams, minus that whole actually getting on television thing.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:48 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,389,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm sure they'll be able to waste Wiggins by not putting talent around him just like Garnett all those years....: :
Maybe. Historically one of the most unluckiest franchises in the NBA.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:21 PM

14,690 posts, read 14,665,407 times
Quote:
Maybe. Historically one of the most unluckiest franchises in the NBA.
They're also really, really bad at drafting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball