Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2015, 07:12 PM

78,436 posts, read 60,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
I just remember how he was supposed to be the centerpiece for the Bulls' next dynasty when he got drafted.

I actually went back and looked at his stats from his first couple of years and they're actually quite good. Why did Chicago get rid of him, I wonder?
To be honest, I don't fully recall. I think that he didn't develop as much until he was with the Clips and they didn't want to have to pay him.

That was around the time I had my kids so blur-city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 07:20 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Where is Love supposed to be going since he has not accomplished anything in Minnesota or Cleveland?
L.A.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:27 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
L.A.
But why would he be such a wanted player when he has not helped the Wolves or cavs make the playoffs?

Old 01-12-2015, 07:32 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,588 times
Quote:
But why would he be such a wanted player when he has not helped the Wolves or cavs make the playoffs?
I'm just throwing it out there since he's a California kid and played at UCLA - when he was here in Minnesota that's what everyone was hearing.

I agree 100 that he's becoming a real drag at this point - more in the mold of primadonna that so many NBA players are.

Glad we got rid of him for a much more level-headed Canadian talent that has what is appearing to be a very high ceiling. We could not have been more lucky in getting him, especially for a guy who we would have lost for nothing in the long run anyway.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:03 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,479,862 times
Pistons win again.....coming back from a 12 point halftime deficit to beat the Raptors in Toronto. I believe that's 9 wins in their last 10 games since cutting bait with Smith. If they had cut him @ Thanksgiving, they'd probably be sitting comfortably in a playoff position spot right now, meanwhile Raps have lost 5 of 6, tied with Washington for 4th, but still comfortably in the 4 spot and Atlantic Division. DeRozan can't be back soon enough, hope we can get him back by Friday for the Hawks.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:09 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Pistons win again.....coming back from a 12 point halftime deficit to beat the Raptors in Toronto. I believe that's 9 wins in their last 10 games since cutting bait with Smith. If they had cut him @ Thanksgiving, they'd probably be sitting comfortably in a playoff position spot right now, meanwhile Raps have lost 5 of 6, tied with Washington for 4th, but still comfortably in the 4 spot and Atlantic Division. DeRozan can't be back soon enough, hope we can get him back by Friday for the Hawks.

They are now 2 games behind Brooklyn in the win column

Old 01-12-2015, 08:58 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
Quote:
First, the Cavs would still be in the playoffs if the season ended today. But his first season with the Cavs hasn't even ended so how can you argue that he hasn't helped them make the playoffs?

Second, I do think he maybe one of those players that gets good stats on bad teams, but I am willing to give him a flyer. I think if you put him in the right situation he can be valuable for a good team, maybe not a championship team, but a team that at least is competitive with the right pieces around.

Old 01-13-2015, 12:55 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Garnett suspended one game for headbutt... Howard fined $15K for receiving the head butt - are they really calling his girlie slap a punch?

---------------------------

Quick update - Rockets are 7-4 w/ Josh Smith... 6-1 when Smith comes off the bench.

Old 01-13-2015, 01:05 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Garnett suspended one game for headbutt... Howard fined $15K for receiving the head butt - are they really calling his girlie slap a punch?

---------------------------

Quick update - Rockets are 7-4 w/ Josh Smith... 6-1 when Smith comes off the bench.
The NBA has to stop with these fines. John Wall got fined on Christmas day in a similar situation with Quincy Acy. If someone physically provokes you, are you not allowed to reasonably defend yourself? I don't know who to blame for what happened, but Garnett threw the ball at him and then headbutted him, what was he supposed to do?

Old 01-13-2015, 01:12 PM

78,436 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
He's easily a 20+ pts and 10+ rebounds guy once he's being used correctly. His defense isn't great but he's still an all-star level player. You don't make all-nba 2nd team twice on accident.

MN went from a borderline playoff team to one of the worst 2 teams in the NBA this year.

In short, Love is getting all the blame for what is wrong in Cleveland because he's identifiable.

Love will have no shortage of teams interested in him that know how to use him better if it comes down to unloading him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball