Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2015, 10:44 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times

Advertisements

Bulls lost to the Lakers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 10:53 PM
FBJ

I have to take back my statement. The Lakers led 98-89 with 1:21 left and the Bulls went on a 9-0 and now the game is going into OT

Old 01-29-2015, 11:26 PM
FBJ

Well it looks like the Lakers was able to overcome the collapse in regulation, They are up 118-111 with 32 seconds left in the 2nd OT

That would have been a awful loss.

BTW: Why do NBA Players shoot fade away shots when trying to make a game winner?

Old 01-30-2015, 06:48 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,085,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Bulls lost to the Lakers
That was quite a pathetic showing by the Bulls last night, the effort didn't seem to be there for 3+ quarters.

Combine that with the Lakers seemingly getting every bounce and roll and it's going to be a long night.

But still, as untalented as the Lakers are, the Bulls should've come out firing on all 8 cylinders and buried the Lakers.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:13 AM

78,436 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
That was quite a pathetic showing by the Bulls last night, the effort didn't seem to be there for 3+ quarters.

Combine that with the Lakers seemingly getting every bounce and roll and it's going to be a long night.

But still, as untalented as the Lakers are, the Bulls should've come out firing on all 8 cylinders and buried the Lakers.
Looks like they are messing with rotations a bit. With Dunleavy still out they started Mirotic and Noah still isn't 100% from the looks of things.

Oh well, one game on the road and I'm not that shocked because the Bulls are erratic and still need to figure things out.

Make no doubt about it, if the playoffs started today I think Atlanta would make the finals in the east. However, the Bulls and Cleveland are getting better having had to work through a lot this season.

Another 20 games or so and we'll be able to have a better feel.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:48 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
With 35ish games left in the season you could see Cleveland and Chicago winding up at the 2 and 3 seeds in which case Atlanta should make the ECF no offense to Washington or Toronto.

If either Chicago or Cleveland continue to bump along but reach their potential then Atlanta would have to face them in the 2nd round which could be a stout challenge.

That's realistically the big threat to Atlanta....having to play a Cleveland or Chicago team that is healthy and has started to play together effectively.

For example, The Bulls are 0-2 vs. Atlanta so far this season but in both meetings DPOY Noah was out and Horford went OFF on an undersized Taj gibson.

Still wayyyy too early to make any predictions and of course potential injuries.

It's quite possible that with injuries etc. that Atlanta could pretty easily stroll to the Finals like the Heat did last year....but I wouldn't like their chances against a GS or Spurs.
Right now and not just based on last night, I'm not convinced Chicago would beat the Wizards. The Bulls would probably be better off facing anyone else. I have seen enough to believe that it's just not a good matchup for the Bulls. Consequently, I don't think the Wizards would beat Toronto or Atlanta, they matchup poorly against smaller, quicker teams with athletic front lines. Cleveland is a wildcard. I have no idea how they actually will be playing. I think they are making the East interesting again because they could legitimately beat anyone with the way they are playing. It's really hard to predict, but I think Atlanta is going to need the right match up to advance. They would destroy Toronto in my opinion but I'm not sure how they would fare against the other teams. I like the way this is shaping up.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:09 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,097,111 times
Chicago was pitiful last night. If I were a Bulls fan and had to watch the way Rose chooses to play, I think I'd be absolutely maddened. He was just an abomination in the late stages of that ballgame. I get it - some guys miss shots but he just plays stupid. I was frustrated and I'm not even a Bulls fan.

Anyway, on another note...

Dallas has now dropped 4 in a row and are 11-9 since making the Rajon Rondo trade.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:32 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
Chicago was pitiful last night. If I were a Bulls fan and had to watch the way Rose chooses to play, I think I'd be absolutely maddened. He was just an abomination in the late stages of that ballgame. I get it - some guys miss shots but he just plays stupid. I was frustrated and I'm not even a Bulls fan.

Anyway, on another note...

Dallas has now dropped 4 in a row and are 11-9 since making the Rajon Rondo trade.
And that last shot by Rose

Old 01-30-2015, 11:33 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
That's interesting. Something to keep an eye out for.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:02 PM

78,436 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Right now and not just based on last night, I'm not convinced Chicago would beat the Wizards. The Bulls would probably be better off facing anyone else. I have seen enough to believe that it's just not a good matchup for the Bulls. Consequently, I don't think the Wizards would beat Toronto or Atlanta, they matchup poorly against smaller, quicker teams with athletic front lines. Cleveland is a wildcard. I have no idea how they actually will be playing. I think they are making the East interesting again because they could legitimately beat anyone with the way they are playing. It's really hard to predict, but I think Atlanta is going to need the right match up to advance. They would destroy Toronto in my opinion but I'm not sure how they would fare against the other teams. I like the way this is shaping up.
I'm not sure I've seen the Bulls field a full healthy line-up for any serious stretch this year so it's hard for me to get a feel for how they match-up. 4 of their top 6 guys have missed more than 10 games already this season.

Chicago Bulls 2015 Statistics - Team and Player Stats - ESPN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball