Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2019, 11:24 AM

6,424 posts, read 4,917,410 times

Advertisements

CK how many times have you visited the Niagara Falls Outlet Mall? Websites and statistics are one thing but actually seeing the place is another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 01:22 PM

93,389 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
CK how many times have you visited the Niagara Falls Outlet Mall? Websites and statistics are one thing but actually seeing the place is another.
I’ve been there before and it is similar to Waterloo’s Premium Outlets.

Also, the question was asked in regards to demographics, which I provided. So, what is the actual issue now?

Old 10-27-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I’ve been there before and it is similar to Waterloo’s Premium Outlets.

Also, the question was asked in regards to demographics, which I provided. So, what is the actual issue now?
Its is not similar to Waterloo. Niagara has 165 stores and Waterloo 80. Niagara is mostly covered and Waterloo is an open air. The only similarity is that they are both outlet malls.

Old 10-27-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Its is not similar to Waterloo. Niagara has 165 stores and Waterloo 80. Niagara is mostly covered and Waterloo is an open air. The only similarity is that they are both outlet malls.
Yes and both have many of the same stores.

Again, the question was about demographics and they were provided.

Old 10-28-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Yes and both have many of the same stores.

Again, the question was about demographics and they were provided.
I don't know about the published statistics, I worked across the street from the Niagara Outlet Mall for 5 years and I know the clientele, outside of the Canadians that shop there, are mostly poor as is most of Niagara Falls. The higher demographic areas like Lewiston, Youngstown and Wheatfield do not shop there. You can say any Outlet Mall in USA has the same stores. Niagara Falls is a huge tourist destination and there is definitely some business from that but some has been syphoned off by the Outlet Collection at Niagara which is in Niagara on the Lake. I lived in that area for 7 years and I am very familiar with it. Drive by the Canadian Outlet Mall on a weekend and the parking lot is full.

Old 10-28-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
I don't know about the published statistics, I worked across the street from the Niagara Outlet Mall for 5 years and I know the clientele, outside of the Canadians that shop there, are mostly poor as is most of Niagara Falls. The higher demographic areas like Lewiston, Youngstown and Wheatfield do not shop there. You can say any Outlet Mall in USA has the same stores. Niagara Falls is a huge tourist destination and there is definitely some business from that but some has been syphoned off by the Outlet Collection at Niagara which is in Niagara on the Lake. I lived in that area for 7 years and I am very familiar with it. Drive by the Canadian Outlet Mall on a weekend and the parking lot is full.
In regards to the bolded sentence, how do you know this? I know about Niagara Falls and its economic issues(outside of DeVeaux and LaSalle, along with maybe a couple of other areas and most of the people in NF do not live in poverty(27.5%), but I'm wondering about where those people go to shop, if they don't shop there. Especially those that live in the towns of Wheatfield, which is/was one of the fastest growing towns in the area and Niagara, given the shopping center's location. Same for a town like Pendleton, which has also had population growth in recent years.

Also, this is the demographic information that was posted earlier in the thread(again, this is what was asked): https://assets.macerichepicenter.com...%20Profile.pdf

https://www.macerich.com/Leasing/Property/169836

more demographic information in relation to the towns mentioned: https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...york/PST045218

Ironically, the most affluent towns out of those listed are actually closer to the outlet mall.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 10-28-2019 at 09:34 AM..

Old 10-28-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
In regards to the bolded sentence, how do you know this? I know about Niagara Falls and its economic issues(outside of DeVeaux and LaSalle, along with maybe a couple of other areas and most of the people in NF do not live in poverty(27.5%), but I'm wondering about where those people go to shop, if they don't shop there. Especially those that live in the towns of Wheatfield, which is/was one of the fastest growing towns in the area and Niagara, given the shopping center's location. Same for a town like Pendleton, which has also had population growth in recent years.

Also, this is the demographic information that was posted earlier in the thread(again, this is what was asked): https://assets.macerichepicenter.com...%20Profile.pdf

https://www.macerich.com/Leasing/Property/169836

more demographic information in relation to the towns mentioned: https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...york/PST045218

Ironically, the most affluent towns out of those listed are actually closer to the outlet mall.
To answer your question. I worked in that area for 5 years and I know where people go to shop from the higher income towns. I have a good friend that lives in Wheatfield and he shops in the Boulevard Mall area as do many people from that area. You can post links from now until eternity, but they are a poor substitute for someone who has lived and worked in an area. Just like your posts about the bridge crossings. I crossed the bridge 500+ times and know exactly what its like. You can look up sites that post traffic numbers and traffic patterns throughout a day or week but they mean nothing when you are in your car for hours waiting to cross. We had software that tracked sales and demographics and we knew exactly where people came from and how much they spent. That location was far and away the worst as far as finding employees plus the sale per patron was consistently at the bottom as was the other Niagara County location.

Last edited by Thundarr457; 10-28-2019 at 11:37 AM..

Old 10-28-2019, 11:24 AM

304 posts, read 218,550 times
Remember they closed and torn down the Robert Moses Expressway in Niagara Falls because they blamed the Expressway for the urban decay, slums , crime & ghettos and said people were bypassing the City and they thought by forcing people to go thru ghettos, slums , crime & hood to see Niagara Falls would help fix the hell hole, well 20 years later the slums & ghettos have expanded and and Niagara Falls & Buffalo are the most dangerous cities in N.Y. State

Old 10-28-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
To answer your question. I worked in that area for 5 years and I know where people go to shop from the higher income towns. I have a good friend that lives in Wheatfield and he shops in the Boulevard Mall area as do many people from that area. You can post links from now until eternity, but they are a poor substitute for someone who has lived and worked in an area. Just like your posts about the bridge crossings. I crossed the bridge 500+ times and know exactly what its like. You can look up sites that post traffic numbers and traffic patterns throughout a day or week but they mean nothing when you are in your car for hours waiting to cross. We had software that tracked sales and demographics and we knew exactly where people came from and how much they spent. That location was far and away the worst as far as finding employees plus the sale per patron was consistently at the bottom as was the other Niagara County location.
This is fine, but was your business at the Fashion Outlets or are you just referring to software for data for the business you ran, in general?

Old 10-28-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
This is fine, but was your business at the Fashion Outlets or are you just referring to software for data for the business you ran, in general?
My point is: you are 150 miles away in Syracuse. I was directly across the street and went to the Outlet many many times. I also spoke with many of our customers. I lived in Canada right near Niagara Falls and had many friends and spoke with many people there. Therefore, I had direct experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area