Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2017, 06:36 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It's gonna be fine, trust me~ move to Sac, message me and I will take you out for the best burger and Anderson Valley Stout that you have ever had in your life..you will never move away after that
Yeah one of my aunts lived in Sacramento and I loved the area. But having grown up in SoCal my goal would be there as a place to live. Just not in a third world area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 06:43 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,692,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You are dodging the issue. Third world
Nope, it helps to keep things into perspective, or one's fears can really grow to wild proportions. Think about it, there are about 3 million people in Orange County. Do you honestly believe that most live in "Third world" conditions?

Maybe you should consider staying in Tennessee?

Old 03-07-2017, 06:52 PM

expatCA, I'm a woman and certainly no physical match for a bad guy, but I'm not afraid to live in CA. You should probably remain in Tennessee if you are so fearful of this place.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Nope, it helps to keep things into perspective, or one's fears can really grow to wild proportions. Think about it, there are about 3 million people in Orange County. Do you honestly believe that most live in "Third world" conditions?

Maybe you should consider staying in Tennessee?
You keep dodging the issue. Third World conditions exist in OC and in the past they didn't.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:34 PM

Quote:
expatCA, I'm a woman and certainly no physical match for a bad guy, but I'm not afraid to live in CA. You should probably remain in Tennessee if you are so fearful of this place.
Who said anything about being afraid??? I was just there a few months ago and ... wasn't afraid and my wife shocked me by saying she could move back (a 180 degree turn around for her).

The issue is many third world conditions existing there now that did not in the past. It is what people see. Just drive by the Santa Ana river in Santa Ana.

Welcome to OC, at least part of it that was not a problem in the past.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/h...nty-judge.html

Old 03-07-2017, 07:34 PM

Well, if that's your fearful view, maybe you should stay in Tennessee?

Old 03-07-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Well, if that's your fearful view, maybe you should stay in Tennessee?
Now I see the problem, you can't read with comprehension.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:48 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,652,458 times
Quote:
You are dodging the issue. Third world
Nope, you're dodging the issue. Why are you spending your time bashing a state that you haven't lived in since you were a child, when your own state of Tennessee has its own "third world" problems with poverty, drugs, gangs, the homeless, education, and other issues?

If you want to see change happen, start in your own backyard.

In case you missed it, here's the link to the Tennessee sub-forum: http://www.city-data.com/forum/tennessee/

Old 03-07-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
No, you're dodging the issue. Why is it so important to you to spend your time bashing a state that you haven't lived in since you were a child, when your own state of Tennessee has its own problems with poverty, drugs, gangs, the homeless, education, and other issues?

Your time would be better spent discussing these issues in the Tennessee forum, rather than the California forum.

If you want to see change happen, start in your own backyard.
I only left 7 years ago and I am 70, so it wasn't as a child. I am considering moving back this year.

Now I love SoCal and know that the majority of the problems would not impact me, but it is fun to see people ignoring, avoiding, etc., the problems that are ... getting worse. TN is not heaven, though it is a great State and I like it here, but I like SoCal more.

Most of these threads I post on for fun, as they are so silly. Too much time on my hands.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:54 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,652,458 times
Quote:

Now I love SoCal and know that the majority of the problems would not impact me, but it is fun to see people ignoring, avoiding, etc., the problems that are ... getting worse. TN is not heaven, though it is a great State and I like it here, but I like SoCal more.

Most of these threads I post on for fun, as they are so silly. Too much time on my hands.
Geez, if this is the way you show "love" for something - by constantly belitting it - I pity your poor wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California