Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2024, 06:50 PM

35,237 posts, read 17,123,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
Perhaps the public like the idea so there's no reason for them to vote them out. What I've noticed going through this thread is the naysayers just ignore the counter arguments and just keep mentioning these outliers that are few and far between (i.e. criminals chasing you, women having babies, people blocking others and not letting them change lanes...that one being the silliest since anyone can do that now by simply accelerating or slowing down).

I mentioned earlier that I wouldn't expect this to pass. But I may change my mind on that thought if the best people can argue against this is their free-dumb. We do not live in a free society and their are plenty of laws enacted to prevent society from being the Wild, Wild West. And those laws are in place because the voting contingency want it that way.

Do you have a reasonable counter argument to those that say a law like this will reduce traffic fatalities?
People wanting basic liberty is not "free-dumb" despite your pejorative wording.

Old 01-28-2024, 06:58 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,577,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
People wanting basic liberty is not "free-dumb" despite your pejorative wording.
So that's it? You do realize that society votes on those liberties weighing other things they also consider a priority (the safety of its citizens being one of them).

So what's your argument against those that say this will significantly reduce traffic fatalities? Your want your free-dumb?

What will you say to people that never drive 10 mph over the speed limit and don't buy into the silly outliers?
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California