Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 12:42 AM

240 posts, read 1,424,492 times

Advertisements

If you are simply looking for a mild year-round climate and a big house that you can buy in the four hundred thousand dollar range, that is not located in a community with a lot of ethnic minorities, or in a run down area of town, I think the poster who suggested the suburbs in and around Raleigh/Durham North Carolina made a good suggestion. Also, another place to look might be the suburbs of Huntsville, Alabama (where you can probably find a very nice home for that price.) I believe they still have nice, newer large homes in those areas in that price range that are in good areas of town, with lakes and beautiful scenic views. Best wishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 09:43 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,160,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoFacts View Post
So we all have to live with the stereotypes about people like us? The ones about Irish, Italians, Polish, Germans, blonde women, athletes, etc. are probably true?
I can't say about you, but myself I'm an American. I don't need hyphenated words to describe myself.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:54 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,658,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoFacts View Post

So we all have to live with the stereotypes about people like us? The ones about Irish, Italians, Polish, Germans, blonde women, athletes, etc. are probably true?

Wow I'm in trouble, I probably fall into a bunch of stereotypes because of my background. I guess I better start living up (or down) to them.

Eh, I'm a giant German stereotype. I'm a girl, 6'1, blonde hair (well, now it's red with a hairdressers help ) blue eyes. My mom is a Scottish Stereotype, she's short, red hair green eyes and can hold her alcohol quite well. I work in the aviation industry, many pilots are indeed alcoholics, just like the jokes/stereotypes say.

I'm not one to be PC, so I go with stereotypes. Sometimes they're proven wrong, more often they're not. Embrace your stereotypes and make a joke about it. Sheesh.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:56 AM

1,687 posts, read 6,079,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I can't say about you, but myself I'm an American. I don't need hyphenated words to describe myself.
Actually I was thinking about things besides the old ethnic words.

Like I said its also the stereotypes about blondes, athletes, education levels, stereotypes based on where someone lives, type of work they do, clothing, tattoos, or whatever. Stereotypes sometimes put up walls that prevent us from really getting to know others as people.

And I don't use a hyhenated word to describe myself either. But I don't deny the other countries where my ancestors originally came from.

On one side my family has been in California since the Gold Rush era, on another side I'm the second generation born here. But all came from some other country first. Brave people to move here and start from scratch.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:56 AM

1,310 posts, read 4,143,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
I was going to suggest Kinsburg. It was founded by Swedes, not sure about the Hispanic pop.? And I'm assuming you don't want snow. I don't know much about Temecula. To me, it's all L.A., right or wrong. Atascadero is peaceful, in one of the nicest areas of CA, great weather, near the ocean, near San Luis Obispo. Two great colleges in the area. Cuesat College(2-yr.) and Cal Poly. Maybe even Paso Robles. A hispanic pop. is there, maybe 25%. Look for a place out in the country east of Paso Robles, Jardine or Geneseo areas. Atascadero would be the better option. Like I said extreme NorCal, Oildale. I think those are viable options. You can get into a big house in Bakersfield for 400k. I'm sure you can? Plenty of options out here.
Don't blow up the Central Coast! I know it is nice but don't let others know. Or else a bunch of people will move there and ruin it.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:51 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,160,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdy1985 View Post
Don't blow up the Central Coast! I know it is nice but don't let others know. Or else a bunch of people will move there and ruin it.
Your post is so NOT City-Data spirited that I wonder why you even participate. This forum is all about helping people get information about places they may want to relocate to.

I think it's really mean spirited to tell people "don't come here because you'll ruin our place" or "don't tell people about here because they'll ruin it."

You should either stick with the facts or don't post at all.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:53 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,909,020 times
Quote:
boy are you right!!! I would like to think we are all Americans regardless of our ancestry..

We had a very good friend in NM, who's family was from Mexico and he had a name we all associate with Mexico. He hated people saying things like: I am an Mexican American. If you asked my friend Phil what he was he would tell you, I am an American of Mexican heretige (spelling) or what do you mean, what am I? I am a man, retired from the Navy and my family came from Mexico about 50 years ago. End of story!!!!

Nita

Old 03-11-2009, 03:57 PM

792 posts, read 1,303,504 times
Rethink your move. The Republic of California is having a tough go of it these days, and the poor folks that have lived there for years are now having a rough go of it. I've spent many years visiting Ca....Think this move carefully....

Old 03-11-2009, 04:11 PM

652 posts, read 1,787,622 times
Default We've got plenty homegrown bigots you can stayt where you are!

What is overrun? Why do you only dislike Hispanics? There are just about all races in Cali and lots of em! I like to call it NJ west to myself of course
Anyway we don't need anymore bigots out west. Try staying put and going to an ethnic education class or two. You'll find your life pretty much is as good as it is because of all of these immigrant people and how hard they work just to live here and raise their children somewhere safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readinvin92 View Post
So I live in michigan and its time to move. I have lived here for 50 yrs, and am sick of it.. I will be moving with my family and there is 6 of us moving.. I want a nice city, not trying to be racist but dont want the city over crowded with hispanics. I was looking at Temecula, and thats all i found thats affordable.

I am looking to spend ~400k max and need ~3k sq. ft.

thanks, and im looking for any imput.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:31 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,143,399 times
Quote:
Your post is so NOT City-Data spirited that I wonder why you even participate. This forum is all about helping people get information about places they may want to relocate to.

I think it's really mean spirited to tell people "don't come here because you'll ruin our place" or "don't tell people about here because they'll ruin it."

You should either stick with the facts or don't post at all.
Wow. I was only being half serious. I'm just saying the Central coast is very beautiful due to the nature of it not being built up like the Bay Area or LA. Calm down. I'm not saying the person themself will ruin it. But overall, if we build up the central coast, it won't be much different than LA at a more northern latitude. That would be a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California