Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 03:23 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,290,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I hate looking at it. And I do think it's symptomatic of a value system that exhalts the superficial over the substantive. Not in every case, of course, but in general.

I'm sure you probably won't agree.
You're right I don't agree, I find it amusing and ridiculous that something that other people do as trivial as tattoo's, that has no affect on your life what so ever, bothers you that much. You must be a miserable person if something that small gets you worked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 03:28 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
I don't see anybody working in corporate jobs out here looking like you described. Record stores, pizza joints, etc yeah. What does it matter to you what people do to themselves?
High tech, especially Web2.0 firms. They are there.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
High tech, especially Web2.0 firms. They are there.
Yes they are but most of them can also wear sweat pants, skate board in the hallways and bring their dogs to work. If you're a 20 something millionaire and start your own company you can do what you want.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:53 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,478,621 times
Man, Tattoos are not my thing either but why treat someone like crap for having them? lol!!! Talk about wasting hate

Bayareahillbilly, No I don't think you should be criticized for being a traditionalist... I just think you would REALLY fit in here in my Indiana town! Don't take that the wrong way but just by reading your posts I can see you would mingle good with these midwest folk

Old 06-15-2009, 11:10 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,023 times
the best way to describe how tattoos makes me feel is like watching modern day cartoons... you know the ones that are all computerized and crap. I watch them, and i just feel like... wow.... i remember the good old days when cartoons teenage mutant ninja turtles?, and speedy gonzalas, and roadrunner... it just doesnt compare... the new generation doesnt know what they're missing!

Old 06-16-2009, 10:32 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Man, Tattoos are not my thing either but why treat someone like crap for having them? lol!!! Talk about wasting hate

Bayareahillbilly, No I don't think you should be criticized for being a traditionalist... I just think you would REALLY fit in here in my Indiana town! Don't take that the wrong way but just by reading your posts I can see you would mingle good with these midwest folk
Which is sort of a sad commentary because most middle class background native born Californians are like me. So I guess that's it, all you newb Lefties and those "in search of" new lives push all us bourgeois Californians out and turn the formerly Golden State into a baccanal of a carpetbagger elite served by illegal aliens.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Tatoos are just trashy and disgusting. I despise people who have them... Absolutely low life, TRASH!

I do not and will never wear tatoos or piercings of any kinds. And if I see someone with them, I will treat them like crap. I just cant stand it... it serves no purpose other than to annoy me. Man I hate tatoos....
It's good to know that I'll be treated like crap by a complete stranger!!

There's an old 'tattoo' saying..

"The only difference between tattooed and non-tattooed
people is that tattooed people don't mind
if you're not tattooed!"

We don't care what you look like or what you do, we'll give you the same chance at friendship as anyone else.

Apparently, not everyone feels the same way. Maybe that does have a part of the 'laid back feeling' of CA

Old 06-16-2009, 02:39 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,023 times
^ Fair enough jetjockey

I just can't stand them. All I think of when i see tattoos are things like walmart, wifebeaters, and husbands beating up their wives... its just trashy and leaves me feeling nasty.

Its like staying at a motel 6, in the middle of tampa florida in the ghetto, on a hot july night with no a/c. YUCK

I just don't like tattoos... good thing Im not the president, or else i'd ban tattoos parlors and fine anyone with them. That'll fix our budget deficit

Old 06-16-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
^ Fair enough jetjockey

I just can't stand them. All I think of when i see tattoos are things like walmart, wifebeaters, and husbands beating up their wives... its just trashy and leaves me feeling nasty.

Its like staying at a motel 6, in the middle of tampa florida in the ghetto, on a hot july night with no a/c. YUCK

I just don't like tattoos... good thing Im not the president, or else i'd ban tattoos parlors and fine anyone with them. That'll fix our budget deficit
I like your way of thinking, people who wear dockers are child molesters. I hate it. I hate them. If I were president I would throw all docker wearing middle aged men in jail.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:19 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
^ Fair enough jetjockey

I don't shop at WalMart, I find that place kind of icky. That's a personal decision though

And you do realize that tattoo parlors pay taxes, right?? My artist has a 4 year degree from an art institute and was one of the artists who were commissioned to redo some of the drawings from the book 'Grey's Anatomy', which is used in the medical field.

I'm assuming that you think all tattoos are gross?? I've seen tattoos that people thought were watercolor paintings. There are some excellent artists out here, especially here in California. All those people who get crappy tattoos and don't take care of them so they fade and discolor give people like me a bad name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California