Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 04:13 PM

70 posts, read 197,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
It's not like a gay man could have sex with a lesbian to produce a baby or anything.
Eeeewww! That would probably gross them out! Plus, there's no guarantee the baby/babies would grow up to be gay so they would still be gone in a generation or two.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:14 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,525,034 times
Quote:
Murder is not a Conservative value.
Sure it is, check the list of abortion doctors killed by them, checkout the census worker in Kaintuck or Tennessee that was hung in the woods.

That is just a start, how about the 4,000 young black men lynched in Mississippi between 1900, and 1940,

How about the murdered civil rights workers?

Heck, this is just a start, I will finish now the the conservative murderer that shot up the Holocaust Museum.

Now, I am not picking on Conservatives here, just pointing out well established facts.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:51 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,672,207 times
read patricia hill collins thoughts on the MATRIX OF DOMINATION.

race is a bigger issue than sexual orientation?

wow. i thought anytime someone is killed, harrassed or legislated against based on skin color, ability, gender or sexual orientation, its bad.

but apparently only us colored folk can scream discrimination?

you sound very young. read up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
So you're going by the 1 drop rule, the passing issue is a non issue. They are "passing" for a reason, in order to be accepted by society, but the majority of Blacks in America are not "Passing" so that's not even an issue.

How can you compare a sexual orientation with physical characteristics used to oppress? Why must gays alert the world they are gay? Why? How is this even related? What does having a disability have to do with sexual orientation or race?

You do know that Black gays are discriminated against by white gays also right? Race is a bigger issue than sexual orientation.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:52 PM

132 posts, read 370,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Is this a part of Barney Frank's push for Leave No Child's Behind?
More like Barney Frank's push to leave no child's behind behind. Sorry, couldn't resist.

On topic though, Harvey Milk may have done some good work, but it doesn't constitute a national day of recognition, especially in schools. When the school system is targeted for a holiday, you know somebody is looking to influence young minds, and that's not the government's job to do no matter what they're trying to push.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:53 PM

exactly!!
but im sure this boy would think that tow guys holding hands is a "scene"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
You do understand that only certain areas have those rights as of now. Gay couples of kicked out of restaurants for holding hands are in the news all the time. I'm not the feminine type however they are also part of the gay community that we need to protect as citizens.

I like how you skip over the murders, suicides, affairs.

I'm glad gay people let people know that they exist because we are an invisible minority meaning you can't tell just from physically looking at us. Visibility of the community helps gays in the general media and helps troubled teens understand they are not alone and that we are all over the Nation.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:54 PM

why?
can we also not compare our black struggle to womens struggle? to the workers rights movement?

if you think this is all seperate you are wrong. it has to deal with BIGOTRY and intolerance.

Quote:
Gay's should get their rights, but please stop comparing it to the civil rights struggle.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:56 PM

thats all you get...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
So, because you've failed to convince the adults not to discriminate (or perhaps, because you suspect that the adults may be descriminating) in the privacy of their own homes, therefore, let us undertake massive social engineering programs to convince their kids of a proscribed point of view as part of their schooling. Do you understand the slippery slope here? Why stop with "training" regarding discrimination? Why not extend it to political beliefs in general?

Don't like how the grown ups vote? Go after the next generation.

You are not far removed from the totalitarians.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:35 PM

1,312 posts, read 6,472,646 times
Quote:
How can you compare a sexual orientation with physical characteristics used to oppress? Why must gays alert the world they are gay? Why? How is this even related? What does having a disability have to do with sexual orientation or race?
For that matter, what does gender have to do with race? How can you equate discrimination of the one with discrimination of the other? Answer: because they are both examples of a class of people defined by an immutable characteristic. And that brings them under under the aegis of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The same is true of age, country of origin or sexual orientation.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:01 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,647,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Which is why marriage should be removed from civil law. Wouldnt you agree?
I did feel that way at one point, but now I don't. I'm sick of 'religion' deciding who gets to do what and what the public is 'allowed' to call it with regards to marriage.

I think everything (church marriage, civil marriage, gay marriage, in some cases common law marriage, non-believer marriage etc etc) should be considered marriage.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:08 PM

36,664 posts, read 67,591,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm sick of 'religion' deciding who gets to do what and what the public is 'allowed' to call it with regards to marriage.
Those who seek to change the foundation of marriage should not be allowed to pretend that those who defend it are trampling on civil rights.

Quote:
I think everything (church marriage, civil marriage, gay marriage, in some cases common law marriage, non-believer marriage etc etc) should be considered marriage.
In other words, you want to have yer cake and eat it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California