Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2017, 05:40 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times

Advertisements

KA, I hope your brother gets answers soon. I know his illness is terribly worrisome.

It sounds like your mom is sort of settled now and she is easier to deal with. That part is a blessing. I am happy about that for you. i am also glad the hard work you put in on the estates is nearly over.

I hope ypu have a peaceful week.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:49 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The facility does have such spaces, but I will be picking my mom up each day and then taking her back home when she's tired. She lives close by.

So it's a non issue.

Of course my daughter and her kids will want to visit my mom at her apartment too. No worries, between her living room and the other entertaining spaces at the facility, there's plenty of room!

By the way, my mom has plenty of room to entertain several visitors at a time - like cousins, former neighbors, new friends in the facility, her sisters, etc. Those are the visitors I am encouraging her to invite and entertain on her own. And she's actually done this a few times lately and she's seemed to really enjoy it.

She also wants to bake a dessert for Christmas and I think that's cute. I'll definitely get the stuff she needs and encourage her to do this the week before Christmas, at my house.
Oh ok, so the daughter can come. PS when you said you wish you could have Christmas like in the movies, it made me think of all the movies with either totally wild Christmases, or at least one person who insists on politics or bringing up family drama and everyone has to do their best to work around it. The subject of many comedy and drama films!

Old 09-19-2017, 05:53 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
KA, I hope your brother gets answers soon. I know his illness is terribly worrisome.

It sounds like your mom is sort of settled now and she is easier to deal with. That part is a blessing. I am happy about that for you. i am also glad the hard work you put in on the estates is nearly over.

I hope ypu have a peaceful week.
Thank you and so far so good - very peaceful week. I've been doing some extra cooking and some extra volunteer work too and I've thoroughly enjoyed that!

I feel pretty helpless about my brother's illness but at least we'll see each other in a few weeks and hopefully he'll be better by then.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:59 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
Wow, it seems like a lot of people have their panties in a wad all of a sudden.

Again, nobody is forced to read this thread or any other. So what if it is in your face at the top of the page. I see all kinds of threads on other CD forums that I think are freaking ridiculous and pretty repetitive. I just ignore them and any posters that I find irritating.

Complain all you want -- it's no skin off my nose. It's just kind of moronic to constantly subject yourself to something that disturbs you.

Have a beautiful day!
Since you didn't seem to understand my polite post where I referenced stickies, let me put it this way:

Coming to this forum with this thread being constantly bumped is like trying to enter a room to help or to ask for help and see someone has once again strewn their trash all over the place. The thread is needless drama being strewn all over the place by a single person. There is no progress. 99% of it isn't even believable. It's just so much trash that's in the way. I don't know why a continually bumped thread is so hard to ignore. Kind of like you have to clean the kitchen before you can start to cook.

Lots of analogies, but that's enough for now.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:20 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Oh ok, so the daughter can come. PS when you said you wish you could have Christmas like in the movies, it made me think of all the movies with either totally wild Christmases, or at least one person who insists on politics or bringing up family drama and everyone has to do their best to work around it. The subject of many comedy and drama films!
Ah, no I don't think the daughter is invited to Kathryn's for Christmas. She's free to go visit Mom (the daughter, youngest). At Mom's facility or wherever. She's not welcome at Kathryn's, or she won't come because she's not speaking to Kathryn - one or the other or both.

Kathryn is leaving for Thanksgiving to go spend it in Austin with her son and or stepson. Mom is not allowed to accompany Kathryn on that trip. Kathryn hopes Mom will suddenly find the capacity to have her own Thanksgiving at the facility. Which is okay by Kathryn as Mom has left Kathryn alone on many Thanksgivings in the past, so turnabout is fairplay. Or something.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:27 PM

4,413 posts, read 3,470,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Since you didn't seem to understand my polite post where I referenced stickies, let me put it this way:

Coming to this forum with this thread being constantly bumped is like trying to enter a room to help or to ask for help and see someone has once again strewn their trash all over the place. The thread is needless drama being strewn all over the place by a single person. There is no progress. 99% of it isn't even believable. It's just so much trash that's in the way. I don't know why a continually bumped thread is so hard to ignore. Kind of like you have to clean the kitchen before you can start to cook.

Yes, I understood your previous post.
By the way, if you are coming to the forum to ask for help, please do so! That's what it is here for.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:35 PM

4,413 posts, read 3,470,515 times
Kathryn, I keep forgetting to ask about your mom's poetry. I think that is really cool. Is there a certain subject matter or theme that she tends to write about?

I'm impressed by people who have talent in that specific area of writing. It would be an interesting glimpse into her state of mind these days.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:04 PM

14,944 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post

So this is the only thread on the Caregiving Forum, and one can't either start a new thread on the forum, or post a comment inthe Caregiving forum unless it's on this thread. Ok, got it.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:48 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,529,018 times
To hear that your Mother is writing poetry again is TERRIFIC news. Is she happy with her results? It seems like a sign that she has reached some level of contentment. Is this how you read it?

Also with this much advance notice, I would think some other family member could pick up the slack for the Thanksgiving hosting of your Mom.

Nothing sounds good about your brother's health. I think you handled it just right, until there is something definitive, letting your Mom know that he's having health problems.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:58 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
To hear that your Mother is writing poetry again is TERRIFIC news. Is she happy with her results? It seems like a sign that she has reached some level of contentment. Is this how you read it?

Also with this much advance notice, I would think some other family member could pick up the slack for the Thanksgiving hosting of your Mom.

Nothing sounds good about your brother's health. I think you handled it just right, until there is something definitive, letting your Mom know that he's having health problems.
There is no one in-town to do that. She will be relying on the facility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving