Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2017, 10:29 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Oh! Thanks for clarifying. What you said makes perfect sense! (Can you come over and do that for me? LOL - only half kidding!)
Haha!

Listen, I am so grateful that my dad had two nice wooden filing cabinets because when I "inherited" this estate (the work, not the proceeds), I had so much I had to file that I've used the heck out of those filing cabinets. And looking at one right now, there's a whole pile of papers on top of it that needs to be filed too.

One day I will clear all this out and it will be done, done, done. But I can't look at papers laying all over the place without doing something about it - I can't imagine wading around in all that chaos all day every day.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:55 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
Maybe it's not for you to understand since you're not living it.
Pardon? We all ask questions of each other in these threads and mine was not rude or anything.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:47 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm not pulling this stuff out of a bodily orifice. I am going by what my mother's medical professionals have told me. I'm not making this stuff up or just pontificating or being "overly dramatic."

Old 09-14-2017, 06:26 AM

Yesterday I got in my car and when I put my purse on the passenger's seat, a voice said, "The time is 9 am." My mother's talking watch has slipped down between the seat and the console! She had told my daughter frantically that she couldn't find it but I had figured that, like the keyboard and her glasses and everything else she's lost, it was in that apartment somewhere - probably in that closet from hell!

So I took it by her apartment and when I got there, she was sitting on her sofa with pieces of paper all around her, working on a poem. (She was a copious writer in the past.) She's been working on this poem for months now, and it hasn't "come together" at all, but I'm glad to see her doing something constructive.

She was in a good mood and was pretty "with it" mentally so that was also good to see.

Since I haven't heard anything negative from her meds administrator, she must have decided to cooperate.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:37 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
Quote:
Yesterday I got in my car and when I put my purse on the passenger's seat, a voice said, "The time is 9 am." My mother's talking watch has slipped down between the seat and the console! She had told my daughter frantically that she couldn't find it but I had figured that, like the keyboard and her glasses and everything else she's lost, it was in that apartment somewhere - probably in that closet from hell!

So I took it by her apartment and when I got there, she was sitting on her sofa with pieces of paper all around her, working on a poem. (She was a copious writer in the past.) She's been working on this poem for months now, and it hasn't "come together" at all, but I'm glad to see her doing something constructive.

She was in a good mood and was pretty "with it" mentally so that was also good to see.

Since I haven't heard anything negative from her meds administrator, she must have decided to cooperate.
So good to hear! And great that she's writing!

Old 09-14-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
So good to hear! And great that she's writing!
I know - I think that's really good for her mind. I like that she's still feeling creative too.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:56 PM

3,252 posts, read 2,336,785 times
Quote:
By the way, just to clarify something else:

If some of you choose to continue arguing about phraseology and definitions and misconceptions and all that within the TOS, have at it, but I have made an executive decision as of this minute - today is the last day (and five minutes ago was the last minute) that I am going to spend trying to define terms and scenarios to regulars who I know have been following this saga with my mom.

I'm not saying that I won't explain something to someone with sincere questions, especially since this is a long thread and not everyone who comes along has kept up with things. I'm just not going to get defensive with regulars. It's a waste of my time and energy.
I've been out of the country so I've missed much of this sparing but may I say, You Go Girl!

Old 09-17-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
You used this phrase:

That is not the same thing as "trying to convince her to take her meds."

I said they do not have the authority to "put her on meds" without a court order.

You also said that seroquel has an immediately sedating effect when we were talking about prn medications used to treat anxiety. That is why I stated that seroquel is not FDA approved to be used for anxiety. It's also not meant to be used occasionally.
e res
And I WAS being literal about her being given Ativan - more than once. I was being facetious about her being given a dose big enough to calm a bull elephant.

I'm not seriously working on a book by the way - that really does seem like a whole lot of work for probably not a lot of return. Oh well - maybe one day, we'll see! It's pretty far down my list of priorities and projects at the moment. But thanks for the encouragement!

Dang it, speaking of books...I need to quit listening to the Isley Brothers and posting endless explanations that are boring even me at this point, and I need to get busy reading my new book! Good night fo real. Fight the power!
They are boring to all of us. Other than Jencam, we all understand what you are saying. You will never get her to understand so forget it. You'll be happier and so will the rest of us!

Old 09-17-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I thought I was being very clear.
You are clear as day, some people are just dense as night.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:11 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
They are boring to all of us. Other than Jencam, we all understand what you are saying. You will never get her to understand so forget it. You'll be happier and so will the rest of us!
Yeah Jencam was the only person who saw that there was an 8 page drama due to an over-reaction to Mom arguing about the meds for a couple of days, so my questions made sense. And I was not part of the 3 page argument over what is ILF and what is ALF and so on, so stop dumping on me and trying once again to create drama where there is none.

I do not blame KA for over-reacting after all that has gone on, but I was just trying to help her see whether that was the case and maybe everything is ok. Which it is. Yay for both of them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving